Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YR brown sauce

Options
  • 15-11-2016 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I bought some YR brown sauce, from memory this should be a very thick sauce that barely pours out, and needs to be scooped with a knife out.

The last two bottles of YR brown sauce have literally run out of the bottle almost like water, also the taste was not what I used to remember.

Is this a recent change in YR? Or am I thinking of a different brand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I bought some YR brown sauce, from memory this should be a very thick sauce that barely pours out, and needs to be scooped with a knife out.

The last two bottles of YR brown sauce have literally run out of the bottle almost like water, also the taste was not what I used to remember.

Is this a recent change in YR? Or am I thinking of a different brand?

There is another brand, similar in flavour to YR, quite sharp / tangy, HP.

2847_XXX_v1.tif&wid=2000&cvt=jpeg

IIRC it is quite viscous in comparison to YR.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had seen the bottle for years and never copped what the label was showing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce
    The original recipe for HP Sauce was invented and developed by Frederick Gibson Garton, a grocer from Nottingham.[5] He registered the name H.P. Sauce in 1895. Garton called the sauce HP because he had heard that a restaurant in the Houses of Parliament had begun serving it.[6] For many years the bottle labels have carried a picture of the Houses of Parliament.

I would remembe YR as being a little thicker than heinz ketchup. I remember the lid being caked in the stuff, and having to use a butter knife to get it out, otherwise you would be tapping and loads would come out.

YR stands for yorkshire relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is this the YR Sauce that you bought?
    Yorkshire_relish.jpg
    If so, yes it is watery.

You probably wanted this one...
    RR001YROriginalSauce24x250g.jpg

Advertisement