Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Ice Rink operator this year (2016)

Options
  • 15-11-2016 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

Changed title due to Info provided by Unrealistic.

Notice posted on old operators site.

It is with deep regret that, due to circumstances beyond our control, Galway City On Ice will not be able to operate an ice rink in Galway this year.

We would like to thank our wonderful customers and staff who have supported us over the past four years and we hope to be back, bigger and better, in 2017.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I think it's actually the case that the operator who did it last year is not doing it in 2016 but another operator is.
    http://www.galwayskates.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I think it's actually the case that the operator who did it last year is not doing it in 2016 but another operator is.
    http://www.galwayskates.com/

Yup they're already setting up in the same place as last year (site beside Leisureland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone see any deals going for this?
    There used to always be LivingSocial/Groupon deals in the weeks leading up to Christmas with the previous operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There is an early bird deal at the moment- buy tickets from leisureland for 8 euro, cash only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Opening tonight at 5.30pm, first session 6pm. All TICKETS just €5!
    **FREE in 8-9pm if Ireland win**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »

**FREE in 8-9pm if Ireland win**

I wonder did they think this through?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I wonder did they think this through?

Very low risk involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Very low risk involved.

Feckin Kiwis coming over here, stopping us getting free ice skating.

Advertisement