Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge not Cooling

Options
  • 15-11-2016 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

We've a commercial glass doored milk fridge thats about 15 years old that stopped working the other day. Temp dial is set right and was not interfered with, interior fan and radiator grille fans are working and spinning away so the electrics are working, the rear radiator is not getting warm/hot and I can't hear the compressor kicking on when I unplug the fridsge and then plug it back in a few minutes later.

I figured that the compressor has probably died and assumed this would make the fridge uneconomical to fix. Just what I need an expensive fixture to replace right before Christmas.

However, I just did a bit more googling and found that it might be something as simple as a relay for the compressor needing replacing.

Can anyone recommend where I start looking to purchase new relays for the fridge, are their universal kits or do I need a specific relay for this specific fridge etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement