Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New card, same account can a refund still be processed

Options
  • 15-11-2016 6:56am

Long story short, was supposed to get a refund from a company for something I bought last Christmas. Assumed it was done but didn't check, I realised when reviewing my CC statements for doing my taxes. I contacted the company and they are issuing the refund to my original payment method.

I still have the same credit card account but was issued a new card last February, can a refund still be processed using my old card number?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Long story short, was supposed to get a refund from a company for something I bought last Christmas. Assumed it was done but didn't check, I realised when reviewing my CC statements for doing my taxes. I contacted the company and they are issuing the refund to my original payment method.

I still have the same credit card account but was issued a new card last February, can a refund still be processed using my old card number?
    Thanks

Hi NellyBellyJelly, thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, the refund can still be processed through the original card even if your card details have changed in the meantime.

If you have any difficulties getting this transaction refunded and you’re unable to resolve this with the company you can complete a transaction dispute form here.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.
    Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement