Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Never Received International Parcel

Options
  • 15-11-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

So I ordered a new marine stereo from the US and tracking showed it had arrived in port laoise a month ago. The last update was "Item arrived in foreign country". And that's on the USPS website. But it's still not showing on the an post track and trace and obviously hasn't been delivered yet..

I emailed an post and they said that it hasn't been received by an post yet!

Where on earth could it be? The due delivery date was nearly 1 month ago! And it was supposed to be express!

This ever happen to anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Contact the seller. It is up to them to chase it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

"item received in foreign country" can mean any country outside the USA.

If the address was handwritten it could be in Iceland!

As above - its the seller who has to do the chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

Tell the seller that you don't live in a foreign country, you live in Ireland,, and that you will now start proceedings to cancel the payment.

Keep all your tracking info and any correspondence you have in a save place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

was item due vat charges as above 25e ? and declared properly?since found that stuff from US do get suck longer then expected,but in many cases they are eager to collect any due payments so you get notification quite fast.

But it being a month means theres screw up along the way,since not sure if USPS tracking works in EU in general,once it hits country thats where their job is done,since services likes dhl,ups are the ones that track from any destination to doors.

best bet would be to try to contact usps service and give them the tracker to see if they can locate country of delivery -since as some said wouldn't be surprised if it was delivered somewhere else thus massive delay before they either return it,or pass it onto origin country again.and get to seller as well,if they are reputable they should send off replacement at very least,since usps would have return address on the label,if it ends up being sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

sb92 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So I ordered a new marine stereo from the US and tracking showed it had arrived in port laoise a month ago. The last update was "Item arrived in foreign country". And that's on the USPS website. But it's still not showing on the an post track and trace and obviously hasn't been delivered yet..

I emailed an post and they said that it hasn't been received by an post yet!

Where on earth could it be? The due delivery date was nearly 1 month ago! And it was supposed to be express!

This ever happen to anyone?

Did you pay via paypal by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

USPS don't always use an post, generally.l goes to Heathrow if air; transferred from there to Portlaoise if An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sb92

scamalert wrote: »
    was item due vat charges as above 25e ? and declared properly?since found that stuff from US do get suck longer then expected,but in many cases they are eager to collect any due payments so you get notification quite fast.

But it being a month means theres screw up along the way,since not sure if USPS tracking works in EU in general,once it hits country thats where their job is done,since services likes dhl,ups are the ones that track from any destination to doors.

best bet would be to try to contact usps service and give them the tracker to see if they can locate country of delivery -since as some said wouldn't be surprised if it was delivered somewhere else thus massive delay before they either return it,or pass it onto origin country again.and get to seller as well,if they are reputable they should send off replacement at very least,since usps would have return address on the label,if it ends up being sent back.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it got here, the code on the last scan is IEPTLC which I'm pretty sure is port laoise..

I'll try contact USPS and the seller to see if anything can be done, thanks for the advice guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Pm me if you want customer service manager details

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

satguy wrote: »
    Tell the seller that you don't live in a foreign country, you live in Ireland,, and that you will now start proceedings to cancel the payment.

Ireland isn't a foreign country when the item is shipped from USA?
    since when? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Cabaal wrote: »
    Ireland isn't a foreign country when the item is shipped from USA?
    since when? :confused:

Since about 2019?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭satguy

satguy wrote: »

It is true, you do not live in a "foreign country" you live in Ireland.

And as far as you are concerned the seller should at least try to get your address correct in his "Shipping Tracking"

Advertisement