Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ TV Series

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It just feels confusing ... watching this develop.

like, is it all a trick?

Is it gonna be a great story or something maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That's just sad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seeing as Feige basically tolerates the Inhumans as opposed to wanting this to happen, it doesn't look good for the MCU when he's gone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That's not a good trailer...

• Advertisement

The show looks so cheap.... Medusas hair is ridiculous when it moves...
    the small sets, the dog animation....

the list goes on...

EDIT.... From here;
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-the-hell-is-marvels-inhumans-doing-about-medusas-w-1794930048

While I’m sure that Serinda Swan’s a talented actress, this wig they’ve plopped on her head is a disgrace to the Inhuman royal blood. It’s dead straight, got barely any volume to it, and doesn’t seem at all like the kind of hair that might strangle you to death.

Obviously, if Inhumans planned to give Medusa even a modicum of the kind of powers her hair has in the comics, it would require a a fair amount of CGI. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, though, Inhumans show runner Scott Buck emphasized that the show wasn’t planning on spending all that much money to bring the Inhumans’ powers to life. Even more worrying, Buck’s admitted that the Inhumans team has had trouble animating Medusa’s hair.

I'm a sucker for dogs so I'm giving Lockjaw a pass, but by god Medusa looks awful.

If this was the abandoned vision for the MCU whole I'm happy we're off in another direction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm still sticking by Agents of SHIELD defence; it might become good over time, cos at the moment it still looks pretty ropey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The new trailer looks shockingly bad.

I don't understand why theyd do an Inhumans show if they couldn't make Medusa's hair work....

• Advertisement

If this was and is Perlmutter's vision on screen I can wholeheartedly see why Feige didn't want it anywhere near his vision for the MCU.

If this was and is Perlmutter's vision on screen I can wholeheartedly see why Feige didn't want it anywhere near his vision for the MCU.

Perlmutter is famously tight on money too. Pure conjecture but I'd say as little money as possible was spent on this. TV has nothing to do with Feige now.

Perlmutter is famously tight on money too. Pure conjecture but I'd say as little money as possible was spent on this. TV has nothing to do with Feige now.

Except when it comes to donating to the Trump for President campaign!

In a plus.. it's better than the first trailer.. barely

Except when it comes to donating to the Trump for President campaign!

Or suing his neighbours for stealing his DNA.

The San Diego Comic Con Panel interviews...

Starts Friday September 29th on ABC with a two hour premiere.

I'll give the first couple episodes a chance. Hardly fair not to considering all the advance mud I've slung :D

Just to update this thread, from the Superheroes forum...

11 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes for Inhumans.... 0% so far...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_inhumans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Saw this yesterday in IMAX. Got a cheap ticket and even then there was about 8 people in a 300+ seat theater so it obviously isn't doing well.

I generally love MCU output on the big or small screen and given I didnt know much about the Royal Family I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately, I just I just couldn't. I didn't find the CGI as jarring as some mentioned previously but the script and dialogue were a complete mess and I think the attempt to theatrical release the first two episodes hurt it.
    Rather than building up the characters, their relationships, Attilan over the first few episodes before getting to the uprising they instead flagging it from the beginning and then jumped straight into it. I can only presume this choice was made by the need to have some action during the theatrical release and also to leverage location shots in Hawaii to somewhat justify IMAX. By being so rushed I had no vested interest in what was happening, scenes like the one with Medusa and Maximus, that I presume were supposed to be emotional, held no weight. Though the first few episodes of AoS were much maligned they did give us a chance to understand their world before the events of Winter Soldier turned it on it's head.

Throughout characters make choices that are either irrational, not explained or pure stupidity (just wandering into the sea). The character's powers are unclear and their use inconsistent.

The acting really was atrocious at times but, given that I've seen most of those actors give much better performances, I'll put that down to the script and direction. I understand Black Bolt is a hard character to act but he doesn't constantly need to be overacting, even when running down the street.

The accountants will be happy that they did a good job getting rid of the two biggest CGI costs as soon as possible but totally wasted them.

Given its short run this season I'll stick with it but if the first two episodes are anything to go by they've made a complete mess of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

I didn't know until a few minutes ago that Scott Buck was in charge of this and my first reaction was "balls!!!"

I enjoyed Iron Fist and it's supporting characters but they made a bags of Danny Rand himself. Isn' t he supposed to be a calm and wise type of guy? I had hoped that the people in charge of The Defenders would remove his bizarre tantrums and aggression but he is is still all over the place.

So I was worried there would be more of the same in Inhumans.

Why did they decide do this crazy cinema release? I could understand it if the show was about a very popular, well known character but the Inhumans aren't that are they?

I hear rumors that inhumans has been canceled.. Even before it has aired..

Welcome to the internet...

Good cancel it and bring back Agent Carter.

Starts tonight in the States.

Sky 1 has picked it up for over here but have not given it a start date yet.

That was really really bad and I have seen some bad tv in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They cheapened Black Bolt so much :(

I really can't believe I'm sticking with it is so bad.

Seriously give me a couple of high end HD cameras a couple Macbooks and a cast of amateur actors with $30m budget or whatever they had and I'd make a better series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I haven't watched this, and based on the negative feedback am unlikely to unless there's a severe quality uptick, but I keep seeing promo photos for the show and its lack of budget is so evident by the move to
    shave Medusa's head
    . I'm sure there's a good plot-based reason for it, but at the same time it's obviously an attempt to reduce the FX overhead by fairly cynical means.

I really can't believe I'm sticking with it is so bad.

Seriously give me a couple of high end HD cameras a couple Macbooks and a cast of amateur actors with $30m budget or whatever they had and I'd make a better series.

Most reviews I've seen have been wondering where the budget's gone.

That's unusual for a Perlmutter production, right? Isn't he famous for dqueezing every penny he can?

Prob gonna watch the first episode tonight just to see how bad is bad.

• Advertisement

Probably gone...
    Looks Like ABC Might Be Quietly Cancelling Inhumans
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/looks-like-abc-might-be-quietly-cancelling-inhumans-1822276272
    As first noticed by SpoilerTV, the series has disappeared entirely from ABC’s press site. It doesn’t appear in the dropdown menu, and the URL that used to lead to the show’s page no longer works. This isn’t quite an official confirmation of a cancellation (the show does still appear on the public-facing ABC site, though you can’t get to it from the main dropdown menu), but it’s not looking good, folks.

Advertisement