Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

I was told to come here by the mod to appeal a ban. The mod clearly did not want to discuss the issue with me. I did however send the mod a pm and am awaiting a reply. I would be grateful if you could sort this out as I feel the ban is unfair and heavy handed in the context of the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057668267

Thank you
    redser7 wrote:
    Dear Oldtree,

You have been banned from Gardening for three days for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

redser7

Your post:
    Oldtree wrote: »
    Squiggle wrote: »
    It didn't , "Personally and I" believe it or not refers to me :rolleyes:

The only trees I've taken down are in an urban environment and all done without incident. Fully aware of the hazards. which are minimal taking small sections done . Branches appear very light from what we can see. Hard to credit you don't appear to have any experience with a top handled saw.

Laughable. I've doen it many times over a 25 year period.

Really, you cant let kids out to play while felling? :rolleyes:
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Not a prerequisite at all that you have two climbers, I've seen bigger jobs done by tree surgeons with one climber, top handled saw and not a rope in sight for the light stuff. If the guy doing the cutting on the majority of the tree that's in full view needs traffic stopped, he shouldn't be there. It's largely about cop on so substantially less of your arrogance and patronising shíte would be appreciated.

Oh dear oh dear. I do have experience with a top handled saw and climbing. Yes the near side would pose no difficulty to a single climber dropping stuff onto sheets of mdf, nor need traffic control, other than a groundsman, but the left side over the roof and the road sides need more than 1 climber and ropes and traffic control. Anything less is unprofessional.

If a climber is out on the left hand side over the roof or out over the road, what is he suppost to do with the 'light" or "heavy" " stuff', throw it somewhere safe?

You may be aware that a when professional training is given with a top handled saw it is to be held with 2 hands.

Cop-on does not include stupidity, and seeing something done is a lot different from doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a look into this this evening for you. If there are any relevant details, PMs, etc you want me to look over can you post them here or PM me if you would prefer?

Hi Oldtree,

Thanks for the PM. I'm just waiting to speak with the mod before going any further.

Obviously as this is a ban it is time sensitive as the ban may expire, unfortunately these things happen but I will try to have this resolved, either way, by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

thank you

Hi Oldtree,

I've spoken to the mod and we've both agreed that this was harsh and I would like to lift the ban.

I will note that a general thread warning was given and some posters continued and took no heed of this.

I assume that this was the line issue was taken with:
    Cop-on does not include stupidity, and seeing something done is a lot different from doing.

When a warning is given in thread please be mindful of the warning and wary of how you post and how it might be construed by posters and mods alike.

If you're happy with the above I'll lift the ban now :)

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Thank you I'm glad you both see it as harsh. please go ahead and lift the ban. I will be more careful how I phrase my replies to stupidity in the future. ;)

• Advertisement

Ban lifted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement