Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro Advice

Options
  • 15-11-2016 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting an iPad Pro 12" . What do people think of them? Are they worth the money? Looking for some honest opinions and reviews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Depends on your usage. If it's drawing with the apple pencil then it probably provides one of the best experiences out there.

If it's for media consumption or gaming then you are better off with the 9.7" version of better yet the air 2 since there are no apps or games that will make a noticeable use of the extra power the pro offers in general use or gaming. I found the 12.9 inch extremely heavy to use and is really a 2 handed device.

The advantages of the 9.7 over the 12 inch pro are wide colour gamut screen, better nightshift mode, cameras from iPhone 6s, and smaller size.

The 12.9 inch is clocked slightly faster and has 4gig instead of 2gig ram, but has a slightly inferior screen (still excellent), and cameras from the iPhone 5s

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Are there any guesses regarding when the iPad Pro might get an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Vudgie wrote: »
    Are there any guesses regarding when the iPad Pro might get an update?

Rumour has an announcement is expected next March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I don't think I've ever seen a 12" pro in the wild. I wonder how popular they are?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Senecio wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a 12" pro in the wild. I wonder how popular they are?

I've seen them at work meetings a few times. Architects use the iPad Pro. engineer's use the Surface Pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I had one. Sold it and got the 9.7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Have a 9.7 Pro arriving tomorrow and an anker tempered glass protector and unicorn beetle pro case due later this week.

It's been too long, android is grand on a phone but for tablets it's a disaster.

Gonna get the normal iPhone 7 soon enough too can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I see Currys are doing the ipad pros with €100 off online orders(although advertised as €120)

Tempted to get the 32GB 9.7"

Edit: Harvey Norman even cheaper @€;579!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have a 9.7 Pro arriving tomorrow and an anker tempered glass protector and unicorn beetle pro case due later this week.

It's been too long, android is grand on a phone but for tablets it's a disaster.

Gonna get the normal iPhone 7 soon enough too can't wait

Consider the 7 plus? The plus has revolutionised phones for me and I never thought I'd like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

Consider the 7 plus? The plus has revolutionised phones for me and I never thought I'd like it.

Thanks for the comment.

I'll tell you, I had the 6s Plus when I had the air 2 before and barely touched the iPad cause I browsed the web and that so much on the phone

I want an iPad for reading which a plus is no good for, so I figured if I get the normal iPhone 7 at least I'll get full use out of my iPad as well this time

Won't be getting the phone for a bit might change my mind yet for the extra battery but I'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Rumours are pointing to an iPad update in the spring (maybe March) with the same size but a larger screen with less bezel around it, and no home button. Looks like it'd be a good update.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zcott wrote: »
    Rumours are pointing to an iPad update in the spring (maybe March) with the same size but a larger screen with less bezel around it, and no home button. Looks like it'd be a good update.

Interesting. Might try and hold out until then. My wifes Ipad 3 is really playing up so was going to pass on my iPad Air to her and pick up an iPad Air 2 or small iPad Pro.

Still tempted by the Pro with the reduced prices in b&m shops in Dublin. Over €100 cheaper than the Apple site.

Advertisement