Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All US EVs will have to emit a sound

Options
2»

Comments

I'd actually prefer if they made a deliberate mechanical whirring sound rather than an electronic generated noise because at least it would be real.

Anyway my views are that after nearly 6 years of silent driving in town that it's a non issue, in actual fact, I find the same amount of muppets walk out on the road whether I had ICE or EV so in reality it won't make any difference.

The amount of people knocked down and injured by ICE cars is completely ignored if you are to compare like for like, that means ICE cars should have big flashing lights and a siren. It's accepted that people will get hit by cars but if they get hit by an EV it will because it's an EV, ridiculous !

Even when I drove old Skool VW non turbo diesel vans, people still walk out under you.

There have been a few people knocked down in carlow Town on pedestrian crossings, but has anyone seen where they put these crossings ? yes on the exits of roundabouts or immediately when you turn off a main road, drivers can't see people walking out behind traffic.

But hey , lets make electric cars noisy..........

Advertisement