Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair baggage glitch

Options
  • 15-11-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

The other day I wanted to add a piece of checked baggage to my upcoming flight with Ryanair. An issue occurred before payment (I didn't even enter my details), and the payment was cancelled.

However, now I see in my flight details that the bag was added, though I haven't been charged anything. If I try to add a bag, I can add a second bag and pay for it.

I can even check in now, and would get a boarding pass with the baggage that I haven't paid for.

What are the chances that that boarding pass will be deemed void at the airport? Should I book a second bag instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

adlerhn wrote: »
    The other day I wanted to add a piece of checked baggage to my upcoming flight with Ryanair. An issue occurred before payment (I didn't even enter my details), and the payment was cancelled.

However, now I see in my flight details that the bag was added, though I haven't been charged anything. If I try to add a bag, I can add a second bag and pay for it.

I can even check in now, and would get a boarding pass with the baggage that I haven't paid for.

What are the chances that that boarding pass will be deemed void at the airport? Should I book a second bag instead?

If your boarding card says that you have a piece of checked baggage, then you have a piece of checked baggage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if you post on public forums that Ryanair has a glitch that they need to fix in order to charge you for luggage which you currently have for free, then maybe they'll cop onto it and bill you for the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adlerhn

if you post on public forums that Ryanair has a glitch that they need to fix in order to charge you for luggage which you currently have for free, then maybe they'll cop onto it and bill you for the bag.

Well, I don't mind if they charge for the bag that I am going to send and was willing to pay anyway. My question is about the uncertainty that this is causing.

And I absolutely don't mind if they fix a glitch in their system. If anyone from Ryanair contacts me in private, I am of course willing to give them exact steps to help them reproduce and fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adlerhn

Update: I have just received the charge on my card, just a few days later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement