Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Dating In Laois

• 15-11-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone know if there are any speed dating events or singles nights that take place in or around Laois.

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

None that I am aware of, there was a few of the pubs in Portlaoise doing stuff like that a few months ago but have seen feck all about it since.

Have you tried the usual dating websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Thanks for the reply! I'm asking for a friend of mine and she hasn't had a great experience with the dating websites. In her own words the websites are "full of sex pests" :D She would just like the opportunity to meet someone in person. Will keep looking around for her and post here if I find anything. There has to be others in the same boat!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! I'm asking for a friend of mine and she hasn't had a great experience with the dating websites. In her own words the websites are "full of sex pests" :D She would just like the opportunity to meet someone in person. Will keep looking around for her and post here if I find anything. There has to be others in the same boat!

Im in that boat myself and as I said there seems to be feck all around the idea. There is an online dating group here on Boards (Its private and you need to request access) it would have some good info to help her if she wants to still try the online dating scene :)

Thanks for that. I'll let her know about the Boards group and see if she's interested. Do you know if it's split by location or is it just nationwide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I don't normally post on this forum but this thread popped up when I logged on.All i have to say on this is that as long as County Laois has busy pubs with busy smoking areas,then thats essentially speed dating,(albeit unknown to the speed daters themselves) and its not exclusively catering to smokers either.Any given weekend night with a good crowd in there will a good few non smokers sipping drinks in it soaking up the cameraradie and,unfortunately the smoke.I know a few lads that met their better halves in smoking areas despite being non smokers themselves or vice versa. I can't say ive ever met a couple that originally met up at organised speed dating events.

• Advertisement

Minxie123 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll let her know about the Boards group and see if she's interested. Do you know if it's split by location or is it just nationwide?

Its not used for dating its mainly used as a place for tips etc and dos and donts of online dating etc.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its not used for dating its mainly used as a place for tips etc and dos and donts of online dating etc.

Ah right! Will pass that on. :D

Advertisement