Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richmond Road Traffic

Options
  • 15-11-2016 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a complete drop off in traffic on the Richmond Road in the past week or so, especially today and yesterday?

Generally have been getting held up for 15-20 mins each morning for the past 12-15 months which I presume was a knock on from some works up in town.

Anyone any insight on what's changed lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do you mean traffic on Richmond Road heading towards Ballybough?

If so, the reason traffic has been so bad in the past year is due to the ridiculous idea by the Council to make one of the two lanes at the Esso Garage into a left turn only lane, therefore resulting in ridiculous tailbacks.

I presume the reasoning was that they didn't want people turning left to get stuck in the lane with people who were waiting to turn right when the left green light was on only. However, the lack of foresight means that these people are now trapped way back up the road because of the tailbacks that are now caused.

Tried to email the council about it but got no reply.

Can't give you an answer as to why it's magically gotten better but I'd suggest they've probably lengthened the lighting sequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

Heading towards ballybough, yeah.

Millmount to Richmond road had been the issue at one stage with the school traffic, before Richmond road itself was an issue. I think the build up predates the change from the left turn only though.

Time will tell if it will remain calmer, but a 40 minute journey has been turned into a 20 minute one for me the past two days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

There was always a crap backlog of traffic, but that left turn only lane REALLY ****ed things up.

Richmond road is mad - some days it's crazy, other days - nothing. Most of the time I think it's directly related to how bad east wall road is, which is probalby effected by something else like the port.

Advertisement