Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter cyclist negativity

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

learn_more wrote: »
    That road is a nightmare for me. It's extremely narrow and extremely busy. I wish it would be widened which could be done as the footpath by the strand is very wide.

I used to go up on the footpath on that road to let traffic pass as a cyclist can easily cause a tailback, but of course, you can't do that anymore.

The beach road/strand road ? I cycle it everyday and never have had a problem. There are a lot worse roads out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

PaulieC wrote: »
    The beach road/strand road ? I cycle it everyday and never have had a problem. There are a lot worse roads out there.

Well it is extremely busy and very narrow. I was hit by a cars rear view mirror once, it hit my right hand. Only a slight bruise but gave me a fright. Not surprisingly for me it happened on that road. It was nice of the driver though to wave the hand in a form of an apology and sped away.

Advertisement