Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convince me to keep vaping

Options
  • 15-11-2016 3:21pm

Hi Folks,

I've been an unlucky vaper, lots of leaks, lots of mods developing faults. I naively moved from an Aspire Atlantis to an Aspire Clieto about 3 months ago. I think they should rename the Aspire Clieto to the Aspire Exxon Valdez.

I bought an iStick Pico about 2 months ago and loved it. Super reliable, nice feel, nice weight. I woke up yesterday morning and the Cleito had leaked all over it all night and now the Pico isn't working. Putting in a fresh battery and pressing the button shows full power, but its set to 1 watt. Using the plus/minus button does nothing and pressing the fire button doesnt do anything. I emptied it, cleaned it, dried it and left it to dry all day yesterday, and it worked! So I filled the tank, had about 3 vapes and its back to how it was. The screen is staying on and its back to 1W and pressing the trigger has no effect, nor the plus/minus buttons.

Im going on a business trip for 2 days and 2 nights tonight at 6pm. I wont have time while away to go and buy a new mod, so can anyone suggest what I do?

1. Buy a new mod on my way to the train station- €50 ish.
    2. White knuckle it and replace it when I get back
    3. White knuckle it and when I come back, just give up on this vaping malarkey.

Thoughts, opinions etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

If it was me i would probably get a replacement, either the same mod or something completely different. At the moment i am not planning on stopping vaping. If your ultimate goal was to get off cigarettes and then stop vaping you can use this opportunity to stop vaping completely, or you can continue to vape and stop whenever you want instead of using this to force yourself to stop.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide to stop or not and, in my opinion, by asking the vaping community to assist you then you are not ready just yet.

If it was me i would probably get a replacement, either the same mod or something completely different. At the moment i am not planning on stopping vaping. If your ultimate goal was to get off cigarettes and then stop vaping you can use this opportunity to stop vaping completely, or you can continue to vape and stop whenever you want instead of using this to force yourself to stop.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide to stop or not and, in my opinion, by asking the vaping community to assist you then you are not ready just yet.

Funny thing is i was pretty much smoke free for 3 years, with only a cigarette during times of high stress when a friend gifted me his newly redundant vape set. Im vaping about 24 months now.

I do love vaping, but leaks are the bane of my existence. So fricking irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Funny thing is i was pretty much smoke free for 3 years, with only a cigarette during times of high stress when a friend gifted me his newly redundant vape set. Im vaping about 24 months now.

I do love vaping, but leaks are the bane of my existence. So fricking irritating.

I would get one of these which I'm thinking of buying,they seem to satisfy most advanced vapors.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/eleaf-icare/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭london.irish

After a couple of years of suffering with leaks or dry hits, I completely gave up on tanks, and vape exclusively on drippers. Also gave up on TC and VV devices due to reliability, my everyday vape is a SMPL mod and a Origin Genesis, both off Fasttech for about 20 quid, it has been sat on, dropped in the sink and knocked out of hand, and it vapes away!

There is a small learning curve, but well worth it if you just want something that vapes when you want it, and don't want the hassle of carrying around a roll of kitchen towel and a litre of juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I use the Aspire Nautilus tank (5ml version) & 1.6 or 1.8ohm cores with Eleaf iPower 80W 5000mAh set at 15W, , never had a problem with the nautilus, I use 100% VG liquid, perfect 1:1 clones on Ecigarette China for €10 shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

My brother was home for a few days last week and he had 2 Joyejech AIO's , the box version , about €25 online , vaping away for the ast six weeks and has had no problems at all , he uses the .6 MTL coils .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I would get one of these which I'm thinking of buying,they seem to satisfy most advanced vapors.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/eleaf-icare/

+1. These won't chuck out vapour like the cielito, but they are a nice vape and will curb the cravings. Very cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

While your away it might be worth your while to get something like the Joyetech AIO, leak free and good selection of coils. Just out of curiosity,was it the rba in your Cleito that leaked or a stock coil??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

...or if you want to continue using a mod - get a Cubis Tank - they run a little hot because of where the coil is, but it's the only tank I've tried to date that just doesn't leak.....and an after-market 510 can help with the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

jonski wrote: »
    My brother was home for a few days last week and he had 2 Joyejech AIO's , the box version , about €25 online , vaping away for the ast six weeks and has had no problems at all , he uses the .6 MTL coils .

+1

Been using the pen style one of these the last 3 weeks. Completely hassle free, super easy to use, refill and been extremely reliable. Most of the reviews even from experienced vapers seem very surprised at the the vapor production from such a low cost device. Haven't touched a cigarette since after the first couple of days of use.

Bought it here - http://www.ezsmoke.ie/electronic-cigarette-kits-c-53/808-joyetech-aio-ecigarette.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I'm sick of my sub tank leaking as well..the amount of shirt pockets that have juice stains on them is ridiculous and it doesn't wash out!!!
    But I've no plans to stop.Coming up on two years now off the smokes.Best thing I ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FBbdrjWpGU

My Toptank is a leaker too...came across this video, gonna try it later..!!!

I'm vaping about 8 subtanks daily,before I fill the tank,I unsrew the coil & put the base under a running tap with the airhole open & then give it a good shake & dry with kitchen paper,then put it all back together & fill.
    Juice always get caught between the coil & base & then runs out the airhole.

Subtank RBA,I always do the bunny ears wicking,GrimmGreen calls it the troll doll wicking,this method has been out for 3 or 4 years,here's Grimm's video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp1a_c1nHzk&t=0s

I'm vaping about 8 subtanks daily,before I fill the tank,I unsrew the coil & put the base under a running tap with the airhole open & then give it a good shake & dry with kitchen paper,then put it all back together & fill.
    Juice always get caught between the coil & base & then runs out the airhole.

Subtank RBA,I always do the bunny ears wicking,GrimmGreen calls it the troll doll wicking,this method has been out for 3 or 4 years,here's Grimm's video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp1a_c1nHzk&t=0s

That's the way I've been doing it since I started my own builds......it's always a 50/50 wether it leaks or not...with me anyway!!! most times I either pack it in too tight and get dry hits, or pack it too loose and the floods beging - gonna try the one in the video I posted above, if that doesn't work the Toptank is going on the shelf!!!

kingaaa wrote: »
    That's the way I've been doing it since I started my own builds......it's always a 50/50 wether it leaks or not...with me anyway!!! most times I either pack it in too tight and get dry hits, or pack it too loose and the floods beging - gonna try the one in the video I posted above, if that doesn't work the Toptank is going on the shelf!!!

What about a scottish roll wick,did you try that,I never tried it in a subtank but used it on many other RTA's/RDA's,excellent for wicking & stops floods...

What about a scottish roll wick,did you try that,I never tried it in a subtank but used it on many other RTA's/RDA's,excellent for wicking & stops floods...

yeah, tried Scottish Roll, pancake wick...just about everything - still hit & miss.....

kingaaa wrote: »
    yeah, tried Scottish Roll, pancake wick...just about everything - still hit & miss.....

Shove it in the draw & get yourself a different tank like the ijoy combo,no leaks there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drjYvgTNFaQ&index=16&list=PLetTP-xlhMvswYxV8nOBKr0bvpJqkgMJ5&t=70s

or an all in one mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvgC94rdMTE&t=28s
    nice & big....

Thanks for your input everyone, I think a Joytech All in One is the way to go. I do want to continue vaping, but I travel a lot and I need to be able to rely on my device somewhat. If the AIO works for me, I'll just buy a couple and leave one in my bag as a backup and one at home, and probably one in my desk at work, just in case. For 30 quid for the entire unit its a steal.

How often do people change the coils on them?

Thanks for your input everyone, I think a Joytech All in One is the way to go. I do want to continue vaping, but I travel a lot and I need to be able to rely on my device somewhat. If the AIO works for me, I'll just buy a couple and leave one in my bag as a backup and one at home, and probably one in my desk at work, just in case. For 30 quid for the entire unit its a steal.

How often do people change the coils on them?

You can also get an AIO in box form,which is handy for standing on your desk or table...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwXUmVSGBy4

You can also get an AIO in box form,which is handy for standing on your desk or table...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwXUmVSGBy4

Great review and yep I'll be getting a box form as well. I actually like how it looks more than the stick.

Thanks

Edit: Decent amount of clouds coming from that. I really wish I hadn't spent 55 quid on another Pico, when I should have opted for an AIO.

• Advertisement

Great review and yep I'll be getting a box form as well. I actually like how it looks more than the stick.

Thanks

Edit: Decent amount of clouds coming from that. I really wish I hadn't spent 55 quid on another Pico, when I should have opted for an AIO.

The Pico will always be there if you decide at a later date to sub-ohm or build your own coils,you could use it for an RDA to test out liquids,a lot of us always say,never do that & we do in the end,it's all down to circumstances.We are not 100% sure what is going to happen with these new eliquid regulations,we might be forced to mix our own.
    So the Pico will always be handy....hope this justifies it for you:D:D

The Pico will always be there if you decide at a later date to sub-ohm or build your own coils,you could use it for an RDA to test out liquids,a lot of us always say,never do that & we do in the end,it's all down to circumstances.We are not 100% sure what is going to happen with these new eliquid regulations,we might be forced to mix our own.
    So the Pico will always be handy....hope this justifies it for you:D:D

This is what I love about the vape forum, everyone is so friendly. If this was AH someone would have called me a twat by now.

I'll keep the pico for now, I do like it, but I currently have leak-lash. Im so sick of either waking up to a puddle on the bedside locker, or in my pants that I dont see myself(assuming its leak free) moving from an AIO for some time. But we shall see.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

Coils aren't fantastic on the AIO (same bf coils as the egrip II). That said, I love my egrip II which is basically the same thing. I use ni coils in it since they've been the most reliable for me. I never got along with the notch coils properly. I think I drag for too long on them and they get too hot and can't keep up with the wicking, or alternatively they spit when flooded.

With theh NI coils (or SS which are good too) Make sure you prime them really really well and break them in slowly and you can get a week or even two out of them. Really easy to get dry hits if you don't prime and break in slowly though. That means no chain vaping straight away.

When I say they aren't fantastic coils I'm not giving them a fair appraisal really. They're not good compared to other systems, usually with larger coils. They are fine though. I use 6mg juice in them and that works for me. The big plus, and it really is a big plus is that these tanks don't leak. Chuck them in your pocket and off you go. I never think about leaking with them. They're a bit heavy, but I like that.

I also have an ijoy combo and it's great. (I use 3mg liquid in it) Also doesn't leak because it's a genesis style tank (coils above tank). However I wouldn't want to leave it upside down for an extended period. I don't think I'd trust that.

I use my ijoy at home or in the car, but I use my egrip II as my pocket backup. I even have an old egrip vt that I use for stealth vaping that I put 12mg liquid in because the output is tiny by comparison to the other two.

I have a smok tfv8 too, but while it's mostly ok it has dumped large quantities of liquid out on me for random unfathomable reasons now and again just as I was getting to trust it. I don't use it much any more as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Did the nautilus work for you? I think its a great tank. I think getting another Pico/Melo kit may be the way to go. Mine never leaks. But I do use high VG juice. I had an NEBOX with a 60-40 blend a while back and it was a disaster. I only stick with high VG now, and leaks are a thing of the past.

Well I now have both the AIO stick and the AIO box and so far am leak free. Its nice having non-sticky fingers for a while. However, I miss the power of the Pico. Also, and its maybe the juice I am using, I can't really detect the flavour very well from the AIO.

My plan is to keep my Pico(my second because the cleito destroyed the first one), and get an Aspire Atlantis, the last tank I was very happy with and one of the least leakiest so far. The Pico will stay at home, upright on my desk, and I'll use the AIOs when out and about. Though Im considering the egrip, or anything else which claims to be leak proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I haven't posted on here for ages but I have been vaping for nearly 4 years now and after a long slog of dripping/tanks/cotton/clearos I use the Aspire Nautilus mini and the eleaf Istick 30w. I change my coil once a week and it NEVER leaks on me (use a menthol pg/vg mix), never loses flavour and I love it. I think the battery power is very good too.

I only checked here because my main battery broke and I need a new one and thought I'd see if there is anything better on here but because I have had no problems with vaping for so long I am now totally out of the loop (no idea what sub-whatever is etc :confused:) so I'm now thinking why change things when it works so well for me. I remember when this forum was just a thread in Giving Up Smoking and I was so excited with my search for the perfect leak free vape.

Hope you find your perfect vape soon and merry christmas :D:D

Advertisement