Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Named drivers

Options
  • 15-11-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Why does adding a partner as a named driver on a policy return such a discount?

Have just been advised I should add my partner as a named driver and my insurance went from €900 to €695!

I understand that my partner would probably be viewed as less of a risk than me and that they might view it as the driving being shared. But they know she has her own car and policy. The insurance agent told me it doesn't matter if she never drives mine (which she probably won't).

I had heard of discounts for it in the past but €205 just doesn't seem logical to me at all. Not that I'm complaining!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

If your partner has their own car or van etc then that's potential customer for the insurer and if you promote the couples rate then that's new policy 50% sold !!

Advertisement