Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCW Debt Collection and Burley Bailiffs

Options
  • 15-11-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have a quick question. I had a small debt of €24 from 4 years ago from Littlewoods ireland, I was in college at the time. When littlewoods sell the debt to BCW Debt collection. Will they send Burley Debt Collectors to my door? Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

pants20 wrote: »
    I have a quick question. I had a small debt of €24 from 4 years ago from Littlewoods ireland, I was in college at the time. When littlewoods sell the debt to BCW Debt collection. Will they send Burley Debt Collectors to my door? Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Ring them and settle. They'll probably accept €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

It's 24 quid. Just pay it ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They do not send door to door collectors and they won't obtain a court judgement for 24 quid; nor can they affect your ICB credit rating.

However - there are private credit ratings agencies who operate for non-banking services and a future unified register is planned. For €24 - can you afford to just pay it?

Advertisement