Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Confessions

Options
  • 15-11-2016 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Fully robbing this from Access Playstation, but what are people's best/worst gaming confessions,

- Myself I hate first person views in games especially shooters & dont get why people prefer it especially when people got super excited for GTA V in first person.

- I used to bring my memory card for PS1 to my friends house and take his save from final fantasy vii when he left the room jumping myself forward about 3 hours each time, done like 4 times in my first playthrough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I've never played FF7 or any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I don't really care for sprawling open worlds

/runs from the mob down a linear corridor

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ive never played any zelda games.

I keep getting Zelda and Link mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Still too chicken to play horror games :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Sandbox games bore the absolute sh*te out of me. (Red Dead / GTA / Prototype ).

Bioshock was overrated.

I'm still not convinced to buy a Xbox One or a PS4.... or a Switch for that matter! (This coming from someone who still owns a 360!)

god that felt good! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't see the appeal of overwatch, league of legends, WoW, Battleborn, Dota etc .

Can't be arsed playing any Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy games.

Japanese RPGs are mostly awful.

The Last of Us was only substandard when you look at actual gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I don't really care for sprawling open worlds

/runs from the mob down a linear corridor

480?cb=20130925101955

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Real Time Strategy games are the opposite of Fun

I will never understand How PewdiePie have 25 trillion subscribers?

Ive only completed 2 games in there entirety this whole year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If nintendo were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, I wouldn't even blink.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

I gave GTA V away for free after two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I hate Sports games, FIFA in particular.
    All racing games seem the same to me.

Hated all final fantasy games..

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Tried multiple Zelda and MGS games and never managed to make it through more than an hour or two.

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The Last of Us was only substandard when you look at actual gameplay.

The actual gameplay is terrible. From what I've seen so far, the story is pretty predictable.

The Legend of Zelda games are in my opinion, overhyped, as are GTA, I haven't found a GTA game fun since I was 13 and that's weird to say.

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Bioware story. ME is due a replay though!

The whole joke from Hatoful Boyfriend went way over my head, I normally love stupid **** but I was just confused from the start :(

And Horror games scare the **** out of me, I can handle one's where I'm armed but I need to be in tough guy mode to play Amnesia or Outlast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

And Horror games scare the **** out of me, I can handle one's where I'm armed but I need to be in tough guy mode to play Amnesia or Outlast

That reminds me... I lasted five minutes of Slender.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have played maybe 2 games on both NES and SNES, even though I am a big Nintendo fan.
    I liked DK64 a lot.
    Never played Mega-Man...like at all.
    I think Parasite Eve 2/Dino Crisis 2 and better than PE1/DC1.
    I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Never played any Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metroid and probably loads of other historically "best/most influential/ground-breaking" games of that general era. A little bit of Mario, but cousins, friends & I were pretty much all Sega, meaning Sonic was our go-to. I had a Game Gear, not a GameBoy. (Although I did eventually wish I had a GameBoy because I wanted to play Pokemon)

Could not give an almighty flying f*ck about the vast majority of RTS/MMORPG/JRPG games.

me_irl wrote: »
    That reminds me... I lasted five minutes of Slender.... :o

I was fine until I got into the little showers thing, screamed like a bitch infront of my whole family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I used the book glitch in old Skyrim to max my level before it got patched.

I love open world games and games with open world elements.

I never finished Mass Effect 3.

I'm a filthy casual. Those kind of confessions? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'm a graphics quality snob and find it hard to even look at older games or games that aren't as pretty as Crysis
    I have started playing Fallout 4 and because they are still using a 13 year old engine tweaked to buggery it looks fugly to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i much prefer playing games on my xbox than pc (unless you really REALLY need a mouse)

i tried hard to get into GTA but the spark hasn't been there since I was a teenager, so boring

I bought a wii u and realised that nintendo games just arent for me anymore, sad times, it's not the same when you no longer live with a few mates for some local 4 player lols

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

1) I have never played more than an hour of any of the Half Life games. This is especially bad because I've been a PC gamer since the late 80's and have had Steam actively installed on every PC I've owned since about 2006. I have all of the games.

2) I treat pirated games like a rental. I'll often pirate a game and play the first hour or two, if it's good, I'll buy the actual game. If it's bad, then I delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't understand people who play online games 'to chill'

I'm never chill, I tryhard or dont play at all. I don't even join parties if people are playing different games as I'm concentrating too much on what I'm doing.

I'm still mediocre at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I used to make my friend doubles while I drank nearly all coke. I would also frontload joints so he would be more stoned than I was.

He was a demon on perfect dark and the only person I couldn't beat. Fecker played pistols only without sights and to this day I never beat him, even with my immoral shenanigans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thirty Flights of Loving is a big pile of overated ****e. Its fans are some of the most pretentious fans in the gaming world.

XCOM is just a a very bull****ty RNG game.

DOTA and LoL are boring garbage and are also massively overrated.

Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Thirty Flights of Loving is a big pile of overated ****e. Its fans are some of the most pretentious fans in the gaming world.

XCOM is just a a very bull****ty RNG game.

DOTA and LoL are boring garbage and are also massively overrated.

Oblivion is the best Elder Scrolls game.
    I think this is the thread you're looking for, pablo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Biosahock 1 was ok ish, i quit 2 after an hour and 3 after 30 minutes.

Online FPS'rs - quit those in the early days after listening to yet another yank kid scream "gonna r**e your ass" or similar. That was the day the music died for me.

Mass Effect 1 - loved the scanning sections, hated it was removed from the rest.

Would trade in most of my collection for a revamped Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder or Legacy of Kain...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gizmo wrote: »
    I think this is the thread you're looking for, pablo. :pac:

Ok well another confession then to make up for it.:) The only TW campaign I've ever finished was on easy. Never played on anything higher than Normal. The stress of endless doomstacks is too intimidating.

Advertisement