Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Confessions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I once rubbed one out watching my Sim take a pixelated shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I once rubbed one out watching my Sim take a pixelated shower.

I May have done something similar with a fpf girl paused whilst doing a roundhouse kick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

• I think Bioshock is over-rated, even though I've only given the most recent installment a chance.
    • I cannot understand how some Westerners can obsess over Japanese RPGs; played Persona 4 and thought it had longer cutscenes than Metal Gear Solid 4.
    • I don't think Gears of War is a great game.
    • I write off a lot of indie games without playing them.
    • Firewatch; simulated hiking with scenery that got old after a half hour of playing.
    • I'm not excited for HL3. Half-Life was one hundred times more superior than its successor.
    • I find it difficult to enjoy any Final Fantasy game after VII, because of my over-inflated (and nostalgic) opinion of FFVII.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm a serial game-starter. I can't remember the last time I saw end game credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I will accept hugely flawed gameplay if the story is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Penn wrote: »

In turn, I will accept a hugely flawed story if the gameplay is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sonics2k wrote: »
    In turn, I will accept a hugely flawed story if the gameplay is good.

I will accept Fair City style story if the gameplay is good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

tbh fair city has good storylines, it's the acting that's a pile of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I really dont understand fpshooters using joypads?

Steering wheels are for driving games.
    Joypads are for arcady games.
    Mouse and keyboard for fpshooters.

The right tool for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tbh fair city has good storylines, it's the acting that's a pile of shyte

Bad actors tell bad stories imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So much blasphemy on this thread.

Time to add some more:

Never played Planescape Torment

Played about an hour or two of both Fallout 1 and 2

Have barely scratched the surface of Deus Ex and keep getting sidetracked when I try to play it.

Bioware games while ok tell the exact same story with the exact same characters everytime. It's like they made Baldur's Gate 2 and have been reskinning it since.

Bioshock is a smidgeen bit over rated and I feel it's a bit clunky now.

Bioshock Infinite is a terrible shooter with a terrible story.

Dead Space: Poor man's Resi 4. 7/10

Enslaved: Middling game. 6/10

Zelda: Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon are decent games (Zelda's Adventure is a war crime).

I like Castlevania Adventure even though I know it's not great.

Final Fantasy XIII-3. Secret best Final Fantasy game. FF13-2 is also great.

The Witness is a pile of arse

I just don't click with loot based RPGs... sorry Diablo.

In a year when Pikmin 3 came out, The Last of Us was not game of the year... and was a bit predictable even if it did predictable well.

I harped on for years that the original Tomb Raider was clunky and badly aged. Gave it a quick go last year to see if I was right. A quick go turned into finishing it 2 weeks later. It's a classic and I was very, very wrong about it.

I imported Gal*Gun

There's worse games than Superman 64 and Atari ET

In retrospect Sonic Adventure is a few game breaking bugs and a very wrong kiss away from being as awful as Sonic 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I have played like 3 hours of Fallout 4, can't bring myself to go back to it at all, gameplay annoys me,
    But I like Skyrim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have played like 3 hours of Fallout 4, can't bring myself to go back to it at all, gameplay annoys me,
    But I like Skyrim

Because Fallout 4 is a bad game.

Come at me fanboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Haha I'm the same, first time I died I turned it off and haven't gone back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Never finished a MGS game.

I very occasionally games and leave them in the factory wrapping for months in some cases, not to preserve value (impossible with an AAA game these days anyway), just couldn't even be arsed opening them.

I couldn't give the slightest shît about what framerate a game runs at.

I once bought Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex many years ago even though I had no interest in it, only because it was the last one in stock and I overheard someone in the shop saying they were buying it. I was a prick of a 10 year old. :pac:

Worst of all though, I let Trevor die. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Notorious wrote: »
    • I'm not excited for HL3. Half-Life was one hundred times more superior than its predecessor.

you've played a prequel to Half Life!?

how many children did you sacrifice to GabeN!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I still play my Sega Gamegear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I keep replaying Another world on the amiga about once a year. I simply have to finish it each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never played Planescape Torment
    After all the giving out you do about writing in games... Sort this out, please.

While I've managed to salvage most of my shame list in the last two years or so there are still some horrific ones remaining, most notably the entire Castlevania series, Metroid Prime series, Resident Evil series with the exception of 4 and Grand Theft Auto 3, VC and SA.

I've woefully behind on my RPGs. I've not played classics like Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana, any Fallout post 2, any Elder Scrolls bar Redguard and any Final Fantasy bar Mystic Quest on the GB which probably doesn't even count. All I've succeeded in doing with JRPGs is accumulate them.

I bought Minecraft on December 14th, 2010 and to this day have still not played it. Back then I was curious what a handful of folk I knew were talking about and liked what a small Swedish dev was doing at the time.

I'll fight anyone who has a go at Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within.

I've never been able to get into the Civilisation series at all but I still love the original Alpha Centauri to bits.

I can count on one hand the number of games I've started and not finished since I started gaming. Mr E's confession made me twitch a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

RedXIV wrote:
    Still too chicken to play horror games
    I made the mistake of playing Deep Space when I was babysitting as a teenager. I nearly shat my pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Witness is a pile of arse

High five.

gizmo wrote: »
    I'll fight anyone who has a go at Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within.

Pretty good example. I didn't think the gameplay and action of Warrior Within was as good as Sands of Time, but I actually quite enjoyed the story, especially the time-travel elements of the Wraith.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Online gaming - I just don't get it. I try again and again but it's about chatting with strangers rather than playing the game and then getting wrecked by some 10 year old kid with the dexterity of a god. I simply prefer (rapidly disappearing) solo games.

(Apologies to any here I may have ignored in multiplayer while I've been off just doing my own thing)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I buy games I almost certainly have the intention of not playing just because I can afford them. For example the first Dishonoured.

I call myself a gamer yet only really started getting games in the 3ds era. My Wii collection consists of Super Mario galaxy and that's it.

I will instantly look down on someone who tells me they do not enjoy single player games (and spend most of their time playing online multiplayers)

OldGoat wrote: »
    Online gaming - I just don't get it. I try again and again but it's about chatting with strangers rather than playing the game and then getting wrecked by some 10 year old kid with the dexterity of a god. I simply prefer (rapidly disappearing) solo games.

(Apologies to any here I may have ignored in multiplayer while I've been off just doing my own thing)

Yeah after about 6 months after release, there's almost no point even trying to play an online game (especially FPS games) because by that point the people still playing it know every little trick, skill, map exploit etc, have all the perfect gear and pretty much know where people are going to be.

My mate bought Battlefield 4 recently and said it's been the worst experience of his gaming life because everyone in the game is an expert at everything and he dies almost as soon as he's spotted by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

git gud?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    git gud?

Too hard and frustrating to do when you're not starting off anywhere near the same level as most are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pokemon, I don't understand the attraction, have no intention of ever playing it.

Another for open world games. Lads, I've adult responsibilities so my time is very short, hold my hand or steer me somewhere, I don't have the time or inclination to be pissing around looking for random crap.

I have Zombie U for almost 2 years now, still in it's original wrapping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Too hard and frustrating to do when you're not starting off anywhere near the same level as most are at.

Yeah but the reward of been able to get good and compete is good :D

• Advertisement

I like the idea of Dark Souls but they tire me out after a few hours. The areas and combat are repetitive. Same thing over and over.

Advertisement