Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panaracer Ribmo

Options
  • 15-11-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer feedback on these tyres in size 25c or 23 in terms of durability, how they roll, puncture protection etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Great puncture protection, a bit 'dead' to cycle on and an absolute bitch to get on the rim especially when new. Had a few sets a few years back and only recall one puncture (late at night in freezing cold at Rush/Lusk station).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

because of the profile of the tyre, i can't use one on my front wheel; it rubs against the inside of the crown of the fork. maybe check your clearance if you're considering one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Good to excellent when it comes to puncture resistance.....not much rolling resistance either but as another post said, very 'dead' when it comes to feel and feedback.

Had them on my commuter for a while and don't recall ever getting a puncture on them but changed them eventually because they just felt horrible....went back to Conti 4 Seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I am riding these in 28mm. Are slow, in fact you actually doubt whatever ability you have when you experience how much you slow down.

Only on them 2months, first puncture Saturday, pulled a 1cm long piece of metal out of them, probably a staple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how do tyres actually slow you down that much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Had these on my bike a few years back, they are an absolute b!tch to get back on the rim, the last straw was for me puncturing somewhere in the ars€ end of north county dublin - couldn't get the tyre back on for love nor money - guy cycling with me had to go get his car in swords and come back to rescue me.

i will echo the comments re getting them on the wheel, they're a bastard for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

how do tyres actually slow you down that much?

The rolling resistance difference between GP4000S and Luganos can be as much as 13W per tyre = 26W per bike. If you generate lets say 150W avg during a brisk ride, 26W is quite a lot....

it's amazing that the difference can be that much, wonder is that down to flex, or the compound or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Sidewall and thread thickness / stiffness, pressure, compound and a tablespoon of fudge factor :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I used to use ribmos, but use Vittoria Rubino Pro mostly nowadays.
    Like others here I found them very good for puncture protection, but a bastard to get on the rim. Feel is definitely a bit dead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I'm on my second set of Ribmo's. Did over 10,000km on the previous set without a puncture, despite cycling on roads in and around NCD that would turn your blood cold with puncturephobia! Haven't had the pleasure of putting them back on the rim yet or of calling the directeur sportif ( aka Mrs Rushfan) .

Advertisement