Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Paramedic Recruitment, National Ambulance Service, November 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

Brilliant that they're recruiting again. Can't go myself my driving test is too far off. I wonder will the intake be much more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Frazer212

Good luck to everyone applying this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kamiljkamil

They have ran 3 recruitment campaigns so far. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long the panels will be live for until the next one is needed?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

I was on the 2013 panel but haven't had any correspondence for a long time, has the previous panel expired? What happens to those people who were on that?

It would be my opinion that the 2013 panel would have expired and the current panels from 2016 are the active ones the NAS are forming classes from.

Contact the HSE Recruitment team to find out from the horses mouth... applysupport@hse.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Garfin wrote: »
    I was on the 2013 panel but haven't had any correspondence for a long time, has the previous panel expired? What happens to those people who were on that?

The 2013 panel was disbanded to make way for the 2016 panels. Emails were sent back in April

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Garfin

Yes that's the response they gave me just now, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Timmy.Sheridan

Just passed my C1 driving test today!!! Anyone got any advice for the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Greenmedic

Call to your closest base and talk to paramedic crews about what the job entails. Ask them for advice on your application scenarios. Put in the work in your preparations and it will pay dividends.

So I'm the recruitment and selection procedures.document it underlines in bold asking you not to submit references with your application, but on the application form itself it asks for them...

I think what your getting at is they don't want you to submit actual references from your chosen referees with your application form, they only want the referee names and contact details at this stage. If your successful at the various stages of the process (fingers crossed for ya pal) during the pre-employment stage they will ask you to confirm your referees and then get the references from them then.

Just fill out all the different parts of the application form and return it. The process is long and a bit drawn out but they will explain each stage to you to prepare you for what they expect.

Good luck buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tiernan Martin

Did anyone download the additional information file? My laptop crashed and wiped everything so I don't have any dates or anything anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Timmy.Sheridan

Did anyone download the additional information file? My laptop crashed and wiped everything so I don't have any dates or anything anymore?

Send me your email and I'll mail it to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tiernan Martin

Send me your email and I'll mail it to ya.

Sent you a pm thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

How'd everyone get on with assesments today? How many were in your time slot / what was your time slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Disappear

Hi there. Found assessment harder that I thought as I thought I prepared well. The verbal I feel I did very well but the logic assessment I found it got very difficult very quick. Hope I did enough. I was in the two o clock test. We'll know by Monday.

Just received word that I passed the assesments and will get my invitation to Interview tomorrow.

There doesn't seem to be as much I terest in this campaign on here, I wonder how many applied?

Got through as well. We'll know Friday ad just posting tomorrow..I know over 150 applied just from the class sizes and times....They're advertising again in February so obviously didn't get the numbers expected.good luck with interview

Possibly, but don't they just seem to be running every 2-3 months now since the new hiring deals with staff?

And this is still a supplementary panel so it's interesting alright.

Interviews starting in a week, anyone got any advice?

Has anyone failed at the interview stage before but then gone through another time?

Tips and advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mr ice

Has anyone failed at the interview stage before but then gone through another time?

Know your examples well and have another spare for each category, do your research on the NAS and HSE and maybe have a few questions lined up about the future of ems perhaps to show you're aware of the industry and what happens and what debates are taking place about the future.

• Advertisement

When is your interview.....mine tomorrow afternoon.....Will be a nervous half an hour....Good luck with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Helena79

How did ur interview go, I had mine yesterday morning, thought it was ok but I think I should have done better, time will tell, the wait is on .....

Helena79 wrote: »
    How did ur interview go, I had mine yesterday morning, thought it was ok but I think I should have done better, time will tell, the wait is on .....

Went well enough I think. Should have said a bit more on one out two things I feel..hopefully I'll see you in a class soon...we'll know next week..Good luck

Feel the same, could have said a good bit more. Think that's always the case afterwards.

I wonder how many people were interviewed?

Feel the same, could have said a good bit more. Think that's always the case afterwards.

I wonder how many people were interviewed?

Don't know. Two or three days interviewing..
    Two or three interview rooms at a time.....hopefully we're up high enough in New panel so won't have too long to wait. They're going to advertise next week again.....they must hour to move through this panel quickly. Maybe not enough passed the assessment stage..

I know there's a class starting at the end of this month. And one in August, September. Also heard they might have another class starting this November....Anyone hear anything......

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

Yup class starting March 27th. Then its supposed to be August in Ballinasloe and Tallaght September. Haven't heard about November though. But its all speculation so I guess you never really know for sure :)

Are these classes from the new panel from the November 2016 assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Olivia19_93

Well they are only roughly half way thorough the 1st supplementary panel, so i'd imagine they may start on the first 10-15 of the 2nd supplementary panel when the next two classes come up. By 2nd supplementary panel I mean the group that was formed in January this year.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone anyone with any recent update or news with regard to classes? TIA

Advertisement