Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway traffic (8am)

Options
  • 15-11-2016 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

What's the traffic like, going towards Galway city in the mornings? Around 8am, give or take 10 mins.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hi all,

What's the traffic like, going towards Galway city in the mornings? Around 8am, give or take 10 mins.

Thanks in advance.

Brutal. It'll be backed up to the Central Tavern, or sometimes backed up to the N63 junction. It'll take 20-25 mins to crawl from there to the far side of Claregalway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

With your name, you'll be well suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

pass at 7am and it flows. 8 to 9 brutal, as mentioned above. You can take a backroad and be in Claregalway in 10 mins though.
    Brutal then again by Volvo garage...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

As long as the integrity of that piece of limestone paving at the proposed Corrib crossing at Menlo is preserved, ye will just have to put up with it

I know there is a lot of limestone paving from north Clare, thru Galway up to south Mayo, but a pylon or two for the bridge would be the end of the world

Haven't got to the bog-cotton yet.

The rare snails are lurking in their shells to emerge in time to stop plan B..............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

nuac wrote: »
    As long as the integrity of that piece of limestone paving at the proposed Corrib crossing at Menlo is preserved, ye will just have to put up with up.

I know there is a lot of limestone paving from north Clare, thru Galway up to south Mayo, but a pylon or two for the bridge would be the end of the world

Haven't got to the bog-cotton yet.

The rare snails are lurking in their shells to emerge in time to stop plan B..............

Well put. Hopefully the M18 will eliminate that problem for anyone travelling from the Tuam side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm going to Parkmore West Business Park; someone advised me to turn off at the Mystic Rose nursing home, I was wondering what quality of road that is?!

I'm going to Parkmore West Business Park; someone advised me to turn off at the Mystic Rose nursing home, I was wondering what quality of road that is?!
    Road is fine. red brings you out in CG, blue near cross road by airport. Airport road can be slow too.

route.jpg

Is the red route much of an improvement on the N17?

Is the red route much of an improvement on the N17?
    Guaranteed. 13 mins max so can reach Parkmore (SAP or Metroid?) in 22 mins from nursing home turn off. If it's close to 9 it takes some time due to the school run traffic.

It's to a factory in Parkmore West, 8:30am start so I should miss the school run traffic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement