Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

240 nappies too many?

Options
  • 15-11-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Excuse my ignorance as I'm not sure how fast a baby grows, are 240 #2 pampers per month too many or am I kidding myself to think I'll get more than the weekend of them !!
    Cheers
    New dad with shallow pockets:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Excuse my ignorance as I'm not sure how fast a baby grows, are 240 #2 pampers per month too many or am I kidding myself to think I'll get more than the weekend of them !!
    Cheers

I wouldn't buy that many small nappies unless it's a very small baby. They grow at an awful rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That's plenty OP. Don't go mad with "stuff". Newborns basically need food and sleep and that's it. Tesco nappies are cheaper and do the exact same job... (my experience at the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

6 to 8 nappies a day gives you 30 to 40 days worth. Might be feasible if your baby is at the smaller scale on that time frame. I'd buy them if he or she was..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cheers

For the first year it's about 6 or 7 a day.
    Newborns maybe a bit more, shouldn't need size 2 for the first month or three

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

I was looking at Amazon suscribe and save, works out at 8p a nappy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Aldi nappies are great, highly recommend them. Tesco own brand are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I second Aldi. I found every single pampers nappy leaked for the first little while, so I switched. That's the other reason I wouldn't over buy. Different shapes suit different bums. Pampers aren't necessarily the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I found the Aldi and Lidl ones great. Tesco or Dunnes not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

If wait until I knew what brand suited baby best. Sizes can be different for different brands and a nappy that leaks on one baby could be perfect on another.

Same if you're using formula, wait until you see what suits the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

New dad with shallow pockets, consider the cloth nappy library. We used cloth on our second little lady for hippy reasons, but it's way cheaper as well as less landfill. The modern cloth nappies are nothing like the oldfashioned ones. Very high tech... loads of types.

http://www.clothnappylibrary.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm a bargain hunter. Don't stockpile too many of any one size particularly size 1/2. 240 is probably enough of any one size. If its a boy/full term baby they could be out of them very fast. Our lad got into 4's by 5 months and things slowed down then.

I buy 1 or 2 months supply if its a great deal but buy it in his current and the next size up too. 99% of the time if you get caught on the hop the next size will fit anyways so you are covered. Currently I have size 5 aldi, size 6 pampers pull ups and size 6+ pampers baby dry. All of them fit him currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Thanks folks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We always found size 3 the safest size if you want to buy alot .
    The only nappies that we found consistently good were Boots own brand .(4 kids)
    One of them was allergic to something in Aldi and Lidl nappies and was left with extreme nappy rash but #4 could use them no bother .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yip, this and if you become a prime member and join amazon family you can get even bigger savings. Plus you can stop a delivery for a month if you have too many nappies and can change size at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I wouldn't get 240 size 2 - my little lad was in size 3 by 8 weeks. I'd probably stock up more on size 3 or 4 if the deal was right.

Advertisement