Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rook jewellery

Options
  • 15-11-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi,

I got a rook piercing a year ago and would like to change to a new piece of jewellery.

Am I right in thinking that the original size jewellery is a 16 gauge?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Depends on many factors, we don't even have a picture to go off so we're shooting in the dark. Hit up your local studio and get em to change it out for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Hi OP.

Generally piercings are done at 1.6mm you're pierced slightly thicker. Defiantly get a new piece of jewellery in there ASAP! You should never leave your first bar in there longer than 6 weeks, it's long to allow for swelling but a bar that's too long left in beyond that time can seriously impede healing and cause horrible friction. As well as anything that bar would be filthy! I would say when you get your new bar go back to the cleaning routine just for a little while to ensure it stays in good condition!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

osaurus wrote: »
    Depends on many factors, we don't even have a picture to go off so we're shooting in the dark.

Good point osaurus! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    You should never leave your first bar in there longer than 6 weeks, it's long to allow for swelling but a bar that's too long left in beyond that time can seriously impede healing and cause horrible friction. As well as anything that bar would be filthy! I would say when you get your new bar go back to the cleaning routine just for a little while to ensure it stays in good condition!

Thanks for your advice. I was advised this piercing would take a few months, which it did, to fully heal. I'm an avid clearer of all my piercings, I'm finishing off using the aftercare I got with the piercing, but I'm never without surgical spirits, so rest assured the bar is far from filthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Thanks for your advice. I was advised this piercing would take a few months, which it did, to fully heal. I'm an avid clearer of all my piercings, I'm finishing off using the aftercare I got with the piercing, but I'm never without surgical spirits, so rest assured the bar is far from filthy!

Don't clean with surgical spirits. You don't want to kill all bacteria because the good bacteria is killed with those products also which make healing tricky. Best thing to use is a product called "Easy Piercing" aftercare solution (saline is a blue cap or a stronger orange one) but to mix your own saline solution at home - use 1/4 teaspoon of NATURAL sea salt and half a pint of boiling water then cool that to body temperature. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Currently have an eyebrow bar in my rook and diath piercings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Hi OP.

Generally piercings are done at 1.6mm you're pierced slightly thicker. Defiantly get a new piece of jewellery in there ASAP! You should never leave your first bar in there longer than 6 weeks, it's long to allow for swelling but a bar that's too long left in beyond that time can seriously impede healing and cause horrible friction. As well as anything that bar would be filthy! I would say when you get your new bar go back to the cleaning routine just for a little while to ensure it stays in good condition!

Wait, what? I've had the same bar in mine for 5 years and I'm hardly dead yet. Mostly dead, maybe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

skywards wrote: »
    Wait, what? I've had the same bar in mine for 5 years and I'm hardly dead yet. Mostly dead, maybe :pac:

If you were pierced with it then that's a swell bar so it's a bit longer than usual so it'll move more.

Advertisement