Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB reconnection

Options
  • 15-11-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I just bought a repossessed house and the electricity had been cut off for over two years.
    I filled in the NC2 form, safe cert sent in from electrician( all good ) and received an invoice
    for 79.45 ( paid ). I also received a new MPRN number.  How long will I be waiting for re connection? 

Also since I got the invoice and its paid already can extra fees be thrown at me out of the blue? 
    I read because it was over 2 years I could have to pay up to 2k, but only received invoice of 79.45 so
    have I dodged that ridiculously high re-connection fee? 

The house is a semi detached, in a housing estate So no poles, extra wiring etc. needed. Any info is greatly appreciated as I am sleeping on my mother's sofa at the moment!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi stee293,

Thank you for getting in touch.

ESB Networks are a separate company to Electric Ireland. ESB Networks maintain the network for all electricity suppliers, including Electric Ireland. Have you received a notification of the reconnection fee from a supplier or directly from ESB Networks?

Any reconnection where the supply has been disconnected for more than two years may require extra work to be completed by ESB Networks. Any questions relating to the cost of reconnecting a property, disconnected for over two years, would need to be made directly to ESB Networks. Their contact details are here.

Once they have everything they require, you can apply to a supplier for the reconnection if you have not done so already. The supplier will then send the request to ESB Networks to complete the reconnection. The length of time this will take will depend on whether all required documentation has been received by ESB Networks, as well as the availability of a technician in the area.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement