Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shift work in local companies

Options
  • 15-11-2016 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I am hoping that someone might have some knowledge of shift work patterns in Galway factories, in particular the medical device industry. I am hoping to get back to work and would like to do 12 hour shifts or a weekend shift. Also are any of them recruiting at the moment? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Cregg, Collins McNicholls and ICE are the people to talk to. Working in Goodman Medical in Murvue at the moment and the day shift is 0700 to 1515 Monday to Thursday to 1415 Friday and the Mid Shift (evening shift) is 1500 to 2330 M-T and 1400 to 2015 Fri. There is no over night shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

My housemate works in Celestica, and he works three 12 hour shift a week, with a fourth one every alternating week. They have both day and night shifts. 8am - 8pm & 8pm - 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wanttowork4

Thanks so much for your replies. I have just read that Goodmans Galway are having a recruitment day next week, would anyone have any idea of the types of shifts they run? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Thanks so much for your replies. I have just read that Goodmans Galway are having a recruitment day next week, would anyone have any idea of the types of shifts they run? Thanks.
    ^^^^^
    First reply to your op.

Thanks Flazio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Groucho100

Hi, there seems to be a Jobs Expo Galway in the Radisson Blu Hotel on 11th February, they do Jobs Expos in around the country. More info at www.jobsexpo.ie, no doubt there will be people recruiting at that for shift workers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Kelly recruitment for Medtronic

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

What's the chances of being made permanent in any of these factories lads?? I was asking a mate who works in medtronic yesterday and he reckons 23 months is all people get now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

stevveyg wrote: »
    What's the chances of being made permanent in any of these factories lads?? I was asking a mate who works in medtronic yesterday and he reckons 23 months is all people get now...

Creganna will make you permanent if you're a good reliable worker

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭paulgalway

Creganna will make you permanent if you're a good reliable worker

If you are there for one year and have no major issues with time keeping or absences.

One unknown is that Creganna was taken over by TE Connectivity in the summer, so unsure if this policy will continue.

• Advertisement

Hi, Would anyone know are Celestica hiring? If so do they use an agency or is it directly to HR? Thanks.

Career Wise have an ad in the advertiser looking for shift workers in Zimmer Biomet

Anyone know what Goodman medical are like to work for? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Does anyone know what companies uses Cregg recruitment? They're looking for production operators for a six month contract.

I need a new job and get out what I'm doing now. But what are the chances of being made permanent?

Advertisement