Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do parents accept education for their kids "as is"?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Zynks wrote: »
    This has gone awfully off topic.
    True, it has rather meandered, eh!

Having had your concerns about legal obligations assuaged, and been offered varying advice from all quarters, what's your position now regarding your place in your children's education? Have you decided on a course of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

So after several posts attempting not to be derailed into tangents irrelevant to my actual points, and pointless pontification on the imagined tone oy the points, I am being accused of going off on tangents. This is sheer comedy now. You couldn't make this stuff up.
    No one accused you of it? You said yourself:
    And once again my engaging with your posts is at best tangential to what I actually said.
    Nobody is forcing you to do it...
    My point has been clear, concise, and steady for some time now.
    Which is not to say worth discussing, especially when your method of delivery is so very attention grabbing.
    And my point that there are differences between the two that warrant some peoples concern for one while not for the other is certainly not negated by claiming there are similarities between them too. The differences remain and they still warrant it.
    Sure we don't need to negate the claim that there are differences? The fact there are indeed similarities is sufficient to give rise to risibility.
    And a lie still remains a lie even if someone along the chain of it's dissemination believes it.
    You've given up on trying to redefine a lie for us then? You're only a short step away from admitting that a person who believes what they're saying is true isn't telling a lie so. You might find such straightforward honesty refreshing if you try it....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

As I said describing me knocking down tangents as myself going on tangents is pure comedy. As for what you feel worth discussing, that does not change or negate the points. The user expressed some issue with people having an issue with school religion but no issue with home Santa claus and I have shown differences between the two that actually warrant having concern for one but not the other. Merely declaring them not to suffice does not make those rather large differences go away.

Again something that is taught in schooling as true, despite no basis being offered for claiming it is true.......... is a genuine basis for concern in a way that something intended to be a game at home which the parents intend to only implement for a relatively short time and then remove is not. A point I have made many times now without rebuttal from you.

Further I have redefined nothing despite your claim I have. I merely pointed out that if a lie disseminates down a chain, it does not cease being a lie just because someone along that chain believes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ok that's enough. I think you two need to take a break from this thread. I'm locking it for review. I may reopen it later if I can clean up this train wreck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement