Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows partition won't boot

• 15-11-2016 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro. I had partitioned the original hard drive to be able to boot Windows as I needed it to run Publisher and a few other programs. This worked relatively smoothly. I installed a SSD drive into my Mac back in January and because this drive was smaller, I haven't partitioned it. I haven't needed Windows since I did the upgrade. I was hoping to be able to boot the Windows partition from the original hard drive via USB but it won't load. It keeps saying Windows has encountered a problem and needs to restart. I'm not sure if the issue is because I haven't loaded it in months, I'm using it via USB or some other reason. Really need Windows for the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions to get it working?

Advertisement