Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine for not displaying tax

Options
  • 15-11-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a question related to a 60 fine I received after that I didn't display the new tax disc on my motorcycle which I had btw paid (but not displayed). I caught up to the guy who gave it to me as he was still roaming around the place and told him I was leaving the country soon for good and he said I should not bother then. I also appealed by email with a copy of the tax disc. I am now gone and was told that the person living now in my appartement received a letter asking me to pay 60 and saying that the appeal was declined. If I didn't know the person I would never have known. Now in 1 month fine will be 90 and in 2 months I will have to appear to the court. Knowing that I have no way of knowing since that I don't reside there anymore and in fact paid for the tax just not displayed it, will they take any actions against me? Will I be arrested if I visit Ireland in the future? Thanks for your answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Surely it doesn't matter what others think or whether will be fine for it in the future. If you are an honest person who believes in civilised society, then pay the fine. If you are a freeloader then don't and take your chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The offence was "non display of a current tax disc". You didn't display it. What's the difficulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

It's 60 quid. Just pay it for peace if mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

There wont be a warrant for your arrest at the airport if you don't pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Donal55 wrote: »
    There wont be a warrant for your arrest at the airport if you don't pay it.
    There should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

roundymac wrote: »
    There should be.

This is why we should never have gotten rid of the death penalty:-)

Advertisement