Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night (Belfast): Mousasi v Hall 2 (Event Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mousasi via Submission
    McGregor with the jazz hands in the background! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

**** sake, that was some shot. Come on Artem!

Nice Russian hammer in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a performancr from Artem; well rounded.

Mousasi via Submission
    He must've been getting promo lessons from Conor too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Great stuff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mousasi via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Whoever it is it's not queally anyway unless he can be in two places at once!!

Looks like his mate that does the Mac Life stuff for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

tinpib wrote: »
    Artem Lobov doing great here. But his reach is tiny. He looks very odd. Like a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I was just thinking that his arms are very short. Sparring with conor must be a strange thing.. mcgregor must have a foot reach advantage :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

Plenty of cheering for artem, muted a little when he got the tricolour out though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

9 1/2yrs since UFC 72, christ i feel old, only seems like a few years ago, great night but only 8 fights iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hall via Submission
    Was severely underwhelmed by Ishihara there. His speed was shot after the first round and lost all energy.

Still not convinced by Artem at all. Just a sloppy fighter but it's a decent win all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Johnson looks like a fighter you'd create on ufc 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mousasi via Submission
    Plenty of cheering for artem, muted a little when he got the tricolour out though..

I didn't think so. Place was hopping.

And he had it walking in as well I think.

• Advertisement

Lads what's the story with the chap Charlie was fighting, Razak Al-Hassan.

UFC have his fight record at: 6-0-0

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Abdul-Razak-Alhassan?id=

But on Wiki it's 12-5-0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razak_Al-Hassan

Are there two mma fighters with the same name or am I missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lads what's the story with the chap Charlie was fighting, Razak_Al-Hassan.

UFC have his fight record at: 6-0-0

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Abdul-Razak-Alhassan?id=

But on Wiki it's 12-5-0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razak_Al-Hassan

Are there two mma fighters with the same name or am I missing something.

Yes, this is the other guy

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Razak-AlHassan-23326

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thought johnson was robbed there..cant see how volkov was given two rounds

Mousasi via Submission
    30-27 Pearson, I'd love to know what that judge is smoking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

are the judges blind tonight? 30-27 pearson lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's bizarre. 30-27 X 2 and 27-30???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mini homer

Anyone know why there's no tv adverts during the break on bt sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mousasi via Submission
    Redemption!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sums up Uriah Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mini homer

Well....that didn't last long mousasi is a beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Mousasi via Decision
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Sums up Uriah Hall

Was going to say the same thing.

Once it went to ground it was a case of mousasi beating the clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

mailburner wrote: »
    are the judges blind tonight? 30-27 pearson lol

I scored it 30-27 Pearson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Mousasi via Submission
    mousassi surely has to be next after romero now?

Mousasi via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    mousassi surely has to be next after romero now?

I'd say yes but Rockhold and Jacare have very strong cases. I'd imagine whoever wins from their fight whenever it's reorganised will be the next in line to get smothered by Yoel after he had executes Bisping.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Good night of fights. Card order was all wrong. Kevin Lee fight and horiguchi fight should have been on the main instead of the shadow boxing session between ross and stevie and the biggest can contest between the two big cans.

Charlie ward really looked out of his depth. Showed absolutely no technical skills or knowledge and it looks like the gaa hall events may be the limit of his talents. No real game plan from JK at all, they clearly hadn't prepped Charlie for this animal, you'd assume John is spending all his time coaching Connor.

It was great to have the champ in attendance and I got a selfie with him and a quick few words. Just congratulated him on the belts and the baby and told him I didn't think the new call of duty was as good as modern warfare !

Mousasi via Submission
    Debutantes Marshman and Alhassan take the bonuses along with Ledet and Lee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hall via Submission
    Feel meh over to whole card.

Order didn't help

More interest watching Conor mcgregor

Big win for artem

Good night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mousasi via Decision
    but1er wrote: »
    Feel meh over to whole card.

Order didn't help

More interest watching Conor mcgregor

Big win for artem

Good night

You were up and out of your seat every 5 mins like a fanboy soon as someone walked passed your section Butler your legs must be sore from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Hall via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    You were up and out of your seat every 5 mins like a fanboy soon as someone walked passed your section Butler your legs must be sore from it.

Paddy Barnes was 100% worth it mans a legend

Where were u sat butty boy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Bit of technical magic from Mousasi but as a neutral I really wanted to see that go a few rounds, Hall was looking so sharp. The jab from Mousasi tho?! Where did it come from? Talk about sneaking the range.

Artem looked dominant, but slipped back into his old habits of forcing the fight rather than upping intensity, he looked gased badly at times in the 2nd, then in the 3rd he really struggled to keep his mitts up. Perhaps telling was John giving Artem the message 'Discipline' before the 3rd only for Artem to try showboating a bit with a standing hammer fist, and not shortly after leaving himself open to a big counter that really shook him. He also had the opportunity to ragdoll him on the deck and instead of finishing it with a triangle or a RNC.

Don't get me wrong, he looked much better, when he's patient his leg movement and trunk movement was beautiful, lovely centre of gravity, and when he doesn't force it he was landing smart bombs. He could've got the KO if he kept his patience imo.

What's the story with Ward? Looked completely out his depth. Is the talent in UFC just that much of a step up? i know he got rocked very early, but he just looked incredibly top heavy and off balance, not sitting over his leading leg, swinging wildly.. I've never really seen his other MMA bouts bar the odd highlight, is he usually so wild?

.ak wrote: »
    What's the story with Ward? Looked completely out his depth. Is the talent in UFC just that much of a step up? i know he got rocked very early, but he just looked incredibly top heavy and off balance, not sitting over his leading leg, swinging wildly.. I've never really seen his other MMA bouts bar the odd highlight, is he usually so wild?

Ward was completely out of his depth. Connor can't continue to get these guys fights as they are continually shown up as being very off the pace and nowhere near ufc standard (ward, pendred ash the bash)

The problem also with ward I heard was that kavanagh was spending almost all his time the last 6 or 7 weeks training Connor with very little given to artem and almost none to Charlie. They very clearly hadn't prepared for that animal and I mean ward might be left looking at now seeing is there any alternative career path for him. Record of 3-2 is very hard to sell and there are some top amateurs in ireland who would beat him. I'm shocked to think he is the next best guy in SBG. Possibly surrounded by pals and lads who won't tell him he's average and doesn't have the skills. Anyway, does he have a degree he might be better off going the education route and keep the cage fighting as a hobbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mousasi via Submission
    Aisling Daly prob wont be winning a UFC title but shes def good enough to be in the UFC

• Advertisement

Mousasi via Decision
    Kavanagh cant be in 2 places at once he has 1 fighter fighting on the biggest card of all time for a second world title in New York in a fight with massive implications around it, that obviously takes precedence over a prelim fight on a small card so dont see how he or anybody can blame JK whatsoever.

Mousasi via Submission
    Ward was completely out of his depth. Connor can't continue to get these guys fights as they are continually shown up as being very off the pace and nowhere near ufc standard (ward, pendred ash the bash)

Of the three you mentioned, Pendred and Aisling Daly both got to the UFC entireley on their own merit and were signed long before Conor had the kind of influence it takes to get the UFC to sign his team mates based almost entirely on his say so.

And both Pendred and Daly deserve(d) to be there. Personally myself I would not see either winning titles there but both are more than good enough to mix it at UFC level as they have both proved.

The problem also with ward I heard was that kavanagh was spending almost all his time the last 6 or 7 weeks training Connor with very little given to artem and almost none to Charlie.

Where did you hear this now? Artem was in camp with Conor in preparation for 205 AFAIK and the two were preparing for their respective fights together. Ward was only added to the belfast card about 2 weeks ago.

And there are A LOT more coaches at SBG than JK who are more than capable of preparing a fighter for different aspects of a fight. I sincerely doubt the team would have gotten where it is today by leaning on one coach. I've only been there (Naas Rd place) a handful of times but from what I remember of the pictures on the wall just inside the door, there was about 15 coaches there. Maybe someone from SBG can confirm?

Also, and am open to correction here, but doesn't Charlie Ward do a lot of his training in Tullamore?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭R.F.

Anyone else who attended find some of the crowd tedious with the Mexican waves and ric flair wooooos?

Mousasi via Submission
    R.F. wrote: »
    Anyone else who attended find some of the crowd tedious with the Mexican waves and ric flair wooooos?

The woo's would drive anyone mental. But I must admit, being the traditionalist that I am, I love a good Mexican Wave :-)

Mousasi via Decision
    Some absolute morons in attendance (as usual tbf) McGregor was like a zoo exhibit people lining miles away either side 5 deep to take pictures of him, even seen people asking that baldy security guard Steve for pictures WTF and people mobbing that bum Elias the guest fighter none of them never seen him fight in their life,

Fights were a bit meh Artems fight was probably the most entertaining very disappointed in Horiguchi he was initiating wrestling which is unlike him played it safe, thought Stevie Ray won handily was doing cleaner work, had Tim Johnson wining his fight scorecards were wrong there imo.

Ward has no business in the UFC lads that's the bottom line. He doesn't even look like Bamma level. I repeat there are amateurs, some even in sbg, who can beat the current version of ward.

Pendred only got in because Connor had performed and opened the door for him. He was absolutely dog poor in his 6 fights and he was so bad he became the joke of sherdog with people calling him the GOAT etc. The same for daly and we see what ufc think of her anyway, all we get is one fight every 18 months from her. Completely non-viable for her. Gets awarded a token black belt then for her troubles. Ffs. If she was in invicta shed have made more money by now.

• Advertisement

Mousasi via Submission
    Ward has no business in the UFC lads that's the bottom line. He doesn't even look like Bamma level. I repeat there are amateurs, some even in sbg, who can beat the current version of ward.

Pendred only got in because Connor had performed and opened the door for him. He was absolutely dog poor in his 6 fights and he was so bad he became the joke of sherdog with people calling him the GOAT etc. The same for daly and we see what ufc think of her anyway, all we get is one fight every 18 months from her. Completely non-viable for her. Gets awarded a token black belt then for her troubles. Ffs. If she was in invicta shed have made more money by now.

Pendred got in through his good showing in TUF. He was fortunate to debut in Ireland but he got there on his own steam.

When JK was posting on here a few weeks ago, you literally could not have been farther up his hole and now you are saying that he awards token black belts? AFAIK he has awarded only 4 or 5 black belts in his time as head coach of SBGi.

You've consistently slated and bashed SBG fighters in your short time as a member here, calling them cans/bums/punch bags etc.
    Conor to be in artem corner tomorrow. The champ cornering his punch bag!
    The can queally headlining this Mickey Mouse event. What a fall from grace.

You even said Owen Roddy knows nothing about MMA, that he spent his career propping up a dole queue an getting his head bashed in for €100 a fight. This is the striking coach of the first ever concurrent dual weight champion in the UFC FFS.

I wonder did you share your opinions with Conor McGregor last night when you were talking to him.

Doubt it.

Mousasi via Submission

If you think Ash is a token Black Belt after over a dozen years of BJJ then I'd love to see you roll with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

I'd say yes but Rockhold and Jacare have very strong cases. I'd imagine whoever wins from their fight whenever it's reorganised will be the next in line to get smothered by Yoel after he had executes Bisping.

Here's how I would like to see it play out for the title eliminator:
    Rockhold vs Weidman II
    Mousasi vs Jacare

Winners face off for #1 contender spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mousasi via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Pendred got in through his good showing in TUF. He was fortunate to debut in Ireland but he got there on his own steam.

When JK was posting on here a few weeks ago, you literally could not have been farther up his hole and now you are saying that he awards token black belts? AFAIK he has awarded only 4 or 5 black belts in his time as head coach of SBGi.

You've consistently slated and bashed SBG fighters in your short time as a member here, calling them cans/bums/punch bags etc.

You even said Owen Roddy knows nothing about MMA, that he spent his career propping up a dole queue an getting his head bashed in for €100 a fight. This is the striking coach of the first ever concurrent dual weight champion in the UFC FFS.

I wonder did you share your opinions with Conor McGregor last night when you were talking to him.

Doubt it.

Anybody who refers to Joanna and Karolina as 'two bums' clearly hasn't the slightest clue of MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mousasi via Submission
    Here's how I would like to see it play out for the title eliminator:
    Rockhold vs Weidman II
    Mousasi vs Jacare

Winners face off for #1 contender spot.

I'd be giving Weidman an easier fight next, he's coming off two pretty bad loses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement