Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Different ranges from a full tank

• 16-11-2016 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭

Filled up the tank in my 1.4 Petrol ford focus in my local garage today and my range only said 655km when it's usually around 720km or so. Is this more likely an inaccurate fuel range (not that they are particularly accurate) or is it a quality of fuel issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The projected range measures how you have been driving and gives a range based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

The projected range measures how you have been driving and gives a range based on that.

Ah right! Thanks for that! So I must have had a heavy right foot the last few weeks! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Ah right! Thanks for that! So I must have had a heavy right foot the last few weeks! Cheers

Colder weather, more use of rear window demister, heated windscreen etc could be part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

you won't be pleased to hear that the range on my diesel focus is usually over the 1000 km when I fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Isambard wrote:
    you won't be pleased to hear that the range on my diesel focus is usually over the 1000 km when I fill up.

Correct. But I don't do the milage to justify a diesel. I'd be driving an awful long time to make up the price difference on fuel alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Isambard wrote: »

K68Qj_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=mashupgifs-reactions&l=search&f=.gif

Correct. But I don't do the milage to justify a diesel. I'd be driving an awful long time to make up the price difference on fuel alone.

that's what I thought, I intended to buy a 1.0 turbo petrol, but the purchase price of the car was identical as was the road tax. Car is about 18 months old now with 37000 km up, so I don't do an astronomical mileage. I'm still amazed at the economy although I have guilt twinges about the environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should reset it each time, normally it's based on the current driving up to the refill, a reset will give a fresh figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Woooooooooooooo :D

It's a petrol, he made a conscious decision to be a petrol. If my car said 1000kms to empty i would immediately assume it was broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Colder weather means more fuel (richer fuel mix) will be used when car starts and warms up.

• Advertisement

I'd say your the life and soul of any party :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

In my car, the fuel consumption over the last 20 mins or so is used to project the range, not weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Lucky tp get 550 miles out of a tank pm my 2.0 mondeo daysul...all motorway driving

wooo..the subject is different ranges from a full tank....

Advertisement