Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The reason why Amnesty International report seems like making politics out of this is that their currently is a Syrian peace process ongoing and this report undermines efforts being made in that regard. The world knows that the US has been funding terrorists in Syria and one of Trump's election promises was to get out of the Muslim world and stop sponsoring Jihadi causes. This report focuses on a Syrian gvt prison. I don't see any report on FSA or other terrorist abuses.

Whataboutry.

If you don't condemn x, y, z, your criticism of a is automatically illegitimate. This oft used chestnut on boards is one of the most hollow arguments a user can make.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Memnoch wrote: »
    You support Trump, a verified racist, liar and consummate conman, who runs an administration of liars who have their own 'alternate facts.'

Yet you find the credibility of AI to be questionable?

There is a word for this. Fanaticism.

I supported the best of a bad lot and made a small bit of money from backing Trump to win as I suspected Americans would not back the same old, same old. as the alternative was far worse, a candidate who voted for every war going and who wanted to intervene in Syria, despite the massive mistake of the west backing a group who wanted Sharia law and whose aim had already failed to topple him.

AI have credibility issues.
    Trump has too.

The alternative had even worse credibility issues. It is why Trump won the electoral college easily in the end.
    Imagine thinking hanging out with celebrities would resonate with the ordinary citizen, maybe it worked for people from large cities, but at least Trump had a message that resonated with enough to turn blue states red, and now some have their knockers in a knot as Trump is not doing what Hilary told Goldman Sachs - tell the public one message and then do something totally different.
    Trump is doing what he said he would do, and that at least is democratic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

On the topic of alternative facts, what's going to be done about President Bush, Putin invading Korea and that place out in Syria, I think it's called Aleppo? Don't even doubt your choice Robert, just remember who the competition was and all the corruption that came with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,951 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RobertKK wrote: »
    I supported the best of a bad lot and made a small bit of money from backing Trump to win as I suspected Americans would not back the same old, same old. as the alternative was far worse, a candidate who voted for every war going and who wanted to intervene in Syria, despite the massive mistake of the west backing a group who wanted Sharia law and whose aim had already failed to topple him.

AI have credibility issues.
    Trump has too.

The alternative had even worse credibility issues. It is why Trump won the electoral college easily in the end.
    Imagine thinking hanging out with celebrities would resonate with the ordinary citizen, maybe it worked for people from large cities, but at least Trump had a message that resonated with enough to turn blue states red, and now some have their knockers in a knot as Trump is not doing what Hilary told Goldman Sachs - tell the public one message and then do something totally different.
    Trump is doing what he said he would do, and that at least is democratic.

Trump said he would go after wall Street and drain the swamp .He said Hillary was paid by wall Street.

Trump has given top government positions to everyone who funded his campaign.
    Trump has removed Dodd Frank from wall Street and the shackles that prevented them from having the interests of investors and consumers.

The continued lie about democracy and him doing what he said he would do is a falicy.

It's an alternative fact itself.

Please stop spreading that lie it makes a show of any point you have to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

On the topic of alternative facts, what's going to be done about President Bush, Putin invading Korea and that place out in Syria, I think it's called Aleppo? Don't even doubt your choice Robert, just remember who the competition was and all the corruption that came with it.

Wtf has this video got to do with anything? Oh that's right, it's yet again the same old 'whataboutery' ****e we get from the same posters (who happen to support Trump surprise, surprise) on this site day, after day.

Hang in there though fellas. I'm sure some day we'll all look back and say what a fantastic president Donald J. Trump was, not just for Americans, but for the people of Syria too.

• Advertisement

Wtf has this video got to do with anything? Oh that's right, it's yet again the same old 'whataboutery' ****e we get from the same posters (who happen to support Trump surprise, surprise) on this site day, after day.

Hang in there though fellas. I'm sure some day we'll all look back and say what a fantastic president Donald J. Trump was, not just for Americans, but for the people of Syria too.

Someone attacked Robert for supporting Trump. Waters is leading a charge for his impeachment, but can't recall Syria and thinks Putin is invading Korea. The hysterical behavior of Nancy Pelosi during the Sessions hearing yesterday was embarrassing, this was after a press conference saying she refused to work with President "Bush". They've been holding meetings on how to connect to real people. For all the crap spewed about Trump, and sometimes rightfully so, the democrats are in full blown panic and I'm enjoying it.

Someone attacked Robert for supporting Trump. Waters is leading a charge for his impeachment, but can't recall Syria and thinks Putin is invading Korea. The hysterical behavior of Nancy Pelosi during the Sessions hearing yesterday was embarrassing, this was after a press conference saying she refused to work with President "Bush". They've been holding meetings on how to connect to real people. For all the crap spewed about Trump, and sometimes rightfully so, the democrats are in full blown panic and I'm enjoying it.

Robert needs to respond to his comments on democracy in action.

Again, wtf has this got to do with Robert supporting Trump?

All this shows is a bunch of idiot politicians (who happen to be Democrats and Trump opponents admittedly) complaining about things they don't fully understand. What has this got to do with Robert being rightfully called out on his support for Trump?

You know when Tea Party people were protesting and Republicans were going mad in 2009, I don't recall any Obama supporters exclaiming how they were 'enjoying' the anger. I don't see how anyone can enjoy something like this.

He offers an opinion, rightly or wrongly and the refute is hostile and heavily thanked - blah blah you support Trump you must be dumb, he's a racist and a conman.

So type "wtf" as many times as you like to sound imposing, if that's the precedent for offering an opposing opinion what's the point in typing anything in the first place.

listermint wrote: »
    Trump said he would go after wall Street and drain the swamp .He said Hillary was paid by wall Street.

Trump has given top government positions to everyone who funded his campaign.
    Trump has removed Dodd Frank from wall Street and the shackles that prevented them from having the interests of investors and consumers.

The continued lie about democracy and him doing what he said he would do is a falicy.

It's an alternative fact itself.

Please stop spreading that lie it makes a show of any point you have to make.

Wilbur Ross from Wall St, his company made a fortune from Irelan by buying Bank of Ireland shares and selling them a several hundred percent higher.
    I mean what would a country want with someone who makes money, maybe hire someone who doesn't have a clue and can double the debt, like Obama and his treasury secretary Tim Geithner, Tim who vetoed an IMF deal that would have saved Irish tax payers about €20 billion, to help bankers...

Hilary was paid by Wall St, it took wikileaks for her paid speech to Goldman Sachs to be revealed, something she tried to keep hidden.

Lets see what actually happens with WSt.
    Warren Buffett who supported the Hilary campaign, bought over $12 billion of shares in various companies since the election.
    http://fortune.com/2016/12/05/warren-buffett-donald-trump-election/

Buffett who was at many of Hilary's rallies said Trump will not derail the US economy or the stock market, and that the US will end up wealthier.

• Advertisement

He offers an opinion, rightly or wrongly and the refute is hostile and heavily thanked - blah blah you support Trump you must be dumb, he's a racist and a conman.

So type "wtf" as many times as you like to sound imposing, if that's the precedent for offering an opposing opinion what's the point in typing anything in the first place.

I have nothing to do with the thanks which his opponents receive and I don't see why that's so important to you. The refute is hostile because he's wrong.

I typed it as I really do not see the connection. Robert was called out on his hypocrisy, you step in with a completely irrelevant video to 'back him up' and now try to make me look like a bully.

Sessions hearing is on now. Kaine is speaking atm and voted against him, which was expected.

All this shows is a bunch of idiot politicians (who happen to be Democrats and Trump opponents admittedly) complaining about things they don't fully understand. What has this got to do with Robert being rightfully called out on his support for Trump?

You know when Tea Party people were protesting and Republicans were going mad in 2009, I don't recall any Obama supporters exclaiming how they were 'enjoying' the anger. I don't see how anyone can enjoy something like this.

Some people have no problem if the alternative fact is a Democrat politician complaining about Putin invading Korea.
    So concerned was she was about Aleppo, she was just one grade above a Gary Johnson when it came to Aleppo.

I am called a fanatical supporter of Trump, which was news to me. I do think it is sad how many people want him to fail, which would be bad for ordinary people, and the reason Trump is in power is due to failings to deal with the rust belt where Trump did enough to win those states.
    I hope for the people who need help and who voted for Trump in the hope that the much needed change is something that will happen for them and it will be a positive change.
    Many here post in a manner that hope he fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

Wilbur Ross from Wall St, his company made a fortune from Irelan by buying Bank of Ireland shares and selling them a several hundred percent higher.
    I mean what would a country want with someone who makes money, maybe hire someone who doesn't have a clue and can double the debt, like Obama and his treasury secretary Tim Geithner, Tim who vetoed an IMF deal that would have saved Irish tax payers about €20 billion, to help bankers...

Hilary was paid by Wall St, it took wikileaks for her paid speech to Goldman Sachs to be revealed, something she tried to keep hidden.

Warren Buffett who supported the Hilary campaign, bought over $12 billion of shares in various companies since the election.

Buffett who was at many of Hilary's rallies said Trump will not derail the US economy or the stock market, and that the US will end up wealthier.

Essentially it is cool if Trump is in the pocket of Wall Street but not for a democrat? Lets be fair here, he talked about railing against wall street and then hired them to decide what to do.

Yeah I am sure Trump's Goldman Sachs buddies can help the economy if allowed to (just like Obama did but it must mean he is evil given he is a democrat). He is stripping all the protections people received after the crash but sure he is listening to the little guy and hanging out with billionaires is so much more down to earth than celebrities.

The swamp has been filled to the brim.

I have nothing to do with the thanks which his opponents receive and I don't see why that's so important to you. The refute is hostile because he's wrong.

I typed it as I really do not see the connection. Robert was called out on his hypocrisy, you step in with a completely irrelevant video to 'back him up' and now try to make me look like a bully.

What hypocrisy?

What hypocrisy?

The hypocrisy that you trust Trump, a proven pathological liar, yet doubt the legitimacy of Amnesty Intl.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Some people have no problem if the alternative fact is a Democrat politician complaining about Putin invading Korea.
    So concerned was she was about Aleppo, she was just one grade above a Gary Johnson when it came to Aleppo.

I am called a fanatical supporter of Trump, which was news to me. I do think it is sad how many people want him to fail, which would be bad for ordinary people, and the reason Trump is in power is due to failings to deal with the rust belt where Trump did enough to win those states.
    I hope for the people who need help and who voted for Trump in the hope that the much needed change is something that will happen for them and it will be a positive change.
    Many here post in a manner that hope he fails.

No many here don't hope he fails Robert. I think most people who dislike him, dislike him for the fact that he is clearly unfit to be the president of the United States and that's after less than a month in office.

He has clearly shown he is thin skinned to any critic of his policy in any way. I mean he has called a Judge a "so called judge" and feels he is always right and how dare anyone not think he's right. I mean jesus there have been some bad presidents in US history but he is bad already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

RobertKK wrote:
    I am called a fanatical supporter of Trump, which was news to me. I do think it is sad how many people want him to fail, which would be bad for ordinary people, and the reason Trump is in power is due to failings to deal with the rust belt where Trump did enough to win those states. I hope for the people who need help and who voted for Trump in the hope that the much needed change is something that will happen for them and it will be a positive change. Many here post in a manner that hope he fails.

I hope he does fail and leaves office asap and I hope Pence then fails. Then I hope the cowardly GOP is swept into the sea at the next election.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Essentially it is cool if Trump is in the pocket of Wall Street but not for a democrat? Lets be fair here, he talked about railing against wall street and then hired them to decide what to do.

Yeah I am sure Trump's Goldman Sachs buddies can help the economy if allowed to (just like Obama did but it must mean he is evil given he is a democrat). He is stripping all the protections people received after the crash but sure he is listening to the little guy and hanging out with billionaires is so much more down to earth than celebrities.

The swamp has been filled to the brim.

I don't care who a president has in their administration once they do a good job for the people they govern.

Why did Tim Geithner veto a deal that the IMF, George Osbourne and Europe agree to, that would have burnt some of the bondholders, saved Ireland up to $20 billion?
    Brian Lenihan was apparently delighted with the deal, but what we got from the Obama administration, was the equivalent of a drone strike that took out the deal.

I will judge based on what happens, not what might or might not happen.

Hilary campaigned with Billionaires like Buffett, Soros, Cuban etc, and it was found that for every dollar a billionaire donated to Trump's campaign, Hilary got $20.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-26/billionaire-donors-led-by-soros-simons-favor-clinton-over-trump

I hope he does fail and leaves office asap and I hope Pence then fails. Then I hope the cowardly GOP is swept into the sea at the next election.

So you don't care about the American people, politics more important.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No many here don't hope he fails Robert. I think most people who dislike him, dislike him for the fact that he is clearly unfit to be the president of the United States and that's after less than a month in office.

He has clearly shown he is thin skinned to any critic of his policy in any way. I mean he has called a Judge a "so called judge" and feels he is always right and how dare anyone not think he's right. I mean jesus there have been some bad presidents in US history but he is bad already.

I have no problem with that.
    But as you can see there are people who hopes he fails.

Robert.

What has that got to do with any of the points out to you.

You are a serial evader.

Trump is filling top positions with purchased fundraisers. Explain that for draining.

Trump slashed Dodd Frank

Explain that

Until you do don't harp on about Obama or Hilary or anyone else. And state he is doing what he said he would do because it's lies.

Evade that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

RobertKK wrote:

It's precisely because I care about my American fellow human beings that I hope Trump fails and is removed from office asap before he does further damage to the USA and its society.

So are you going to respond to me calling out your hypocrisy or just going to continue to evade?

The hypocrisy that you trust Trump, a proven pathological liar, yet doubt the legitimacy of Amnesty Intl.

I never said I trust Trump. People really do jump to conclusions.

I am entitled to not trust AI given they have credibility issues in my eyes.

I don't care who a president has in their administration once they do a good job for the people they govern.

Why did Tim Geithner veto a deal that the IMF, George Osbourne and Europe agree to, that would have burnt some of the bondholders, saved Ireland up to $20 billion?
    Brian Lenihan was apparently delighted with the deal, but what we got from the Obama administration, was the equivalent of a drone strike that took out the deal.

I will judge based on what happens, not what might or might not happen.

Hilary campaigned with Billionaires like Buffett, Soros, Cuban etc, and it was found that for every dollar a billionaire donated to Trump's campaign, Hilary got $20.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-26/billionaire-donors-led-by-soros-simons-favor-clinton-over-trump

You do care.hence you keep pointing fingers at everyone but Trump.

They are all at fault be he never is

There is literally no debate to be had this man can do no wrong for people that just want to see the world burn

And that's all this is rage against the machine.

Laughable. And if the rust states cared at all they would have killed of the tea party and gone with Bernie sanders
    They don't care the love soundbites.

Nothing more nothing less

You trust trump one hundred percent.

You've yet to question a decision

Act as you say not as you do.

So are you going to respond to me calling out your hypocrisy or just going to continue to evade?

You need to give me a chance, there is only one of me, but more than one posting replies to my posts.

I am sick of people saying I evade, when 'evade; is slang for 'I didn't get the answer that I believed is the answer that is in my mind', 'how could someone have a different opinion, that is evading the question'.

I should just give alternative facts for my replies that suit so I get less hassle.

If you don't trust him why support him? and for the love of god please don't answer with something about Hillary, I dislike her as much anyone but that doesn't make me support Trump.

Fair enough, but would you honestly trust Trump more than them?

• Advertisement

You need to give me a chance, there is only one of me, but more than one posting replies to my posts.

Fair enough, I just saw you reply to a post which came after mine so i thought you ignored. No worries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement