Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I see Kellyanne Conway has promoted ivanka trumps clothing line in the White House briefing room.
    I only saw the clip because of Fox News were showing it and even they said it was borderline and if not illegal the optics look bad.

Really stupid thing to do if that's what happened. Best thing Trump could do right now is quit Twitter and lay low because they're digging a hole and giving the media fire. His tweet about her clothing yesterday was another dumb move.

Edit: The media are savages, it's on every site as a headline. What a stupid thing to do, she should know they're sniffing for blood given how brazen herself and Trump have been towards them. Wonder what kind of disciplinary action she'll get as it's cut and dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Are these clothes also made outside of the country too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Are these clothes also made outside of the country too?

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/people/ivanka-trumps-best-selling-fashion-line-is-manufactured-in-china-and-vietnam-a7153376.html%3Famp?client=ms-android-h3g-ie

China and Vietnam. I believe also Indonesia.

I am awaiting Donald's tweet calling her out on it.

The white house has been abused like a personal times square billboard for the Trump's so far. I can only hope some Republicans see the need to reign it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Really stupid thing to do if that's what happened. Best thing Trump could do right now is quit Twitter and lay low because they're digging a hole and giving the media fire. His tweet about her clothing yesterday was another dumb move.

Edit: The media are savages, it's on every site as a headline. What a stupid thing to do, she should know they're sniffing for blood given how brazen herself and Trump have been towards them. Wonder what kind of disciplinary action she'll get as it's cut and dry.

To me hank Kelly Anne Conway should know better and on the Supreme Court nominee it's seems president trump is reading off a different script to the nominee and his actual official spokesperson. The spokesperson confirmed that he did say that, yet trump is saying no it's lies. That to me shows trumps inability to stop digging.

CNN are reporting that the White House are saying that kelly Anne Conway was "counselled" after her promoting ivanka trumps brand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

So I see Kellyanne Conway has promoted ivanka trumps clothing line in the White House briefing room.
    I only saw the clip because of Fox News were showing it and even they said it was borderline and if not illegal the optics look bad.

Dear god this administration can't stop messing up. I mean there are rules against the thing Kelly Anne might have done.

Also I saw that Sean spicer may have not being aware that Martin Luther king jr wife is still alive.

I mean take out the policy issues they've had. The optics are shockingly bad. It gives the impression that no one is in control.

Is there someone actually in control?

Donal55 wrote: »
    Is there someone actually in control?

Well the person sitting in the Oval Office is meant to be in control.

Well this is the interview kelly Anne Conway gave. There is the American flag and the seal of the white House behind her. Again I'll say it optics and that's a horrible one to have IMO.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/2635.702

A link to the rules that people are saying she broke. I mean it seems clear to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

From what I read it's against the rules for federal employees to promote products. It excludes the president and VP.

Ivankas products are made in low cost economies...The irony :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Not speaking for Robert, for me that's easy to answer. I don't like PC culture and how it's affecting society, I think that immigration has gotten out of control, I think globalization as much as certain people dismiss it exists and it's hurting individual countries and decent people.

I actually agree with a lot of this. Immigration is badly controlled in the EU. My personal view is that we need to be more selective about which nationalities we bring in. Indians, Iranians and south east Asians make excellent immigrants, for example. Some other countries, not so much. Refugees are another matter and I do think that we have a moral obligation to do our part - i think we might disagree on that.

On globalisation, I'm a bit unsure but it's unfortunately inevitable. We can't really turn back the clock on that one. I dislike that companies can move production to cheaper labour markets but on the other hand, it's nice to be able to buy cheap electronics from China. I'm not saying that I like it but, as I said, it's inevitable and we can't keep the tide out.
    I believe Trump is the kryptonite to that where he'll say and do things than most European politicians are too spineless to even if it's what many decent people believe but are in fear of being called racist or whatever else for speaking out. That's why I support him. I think he's made mistakes but he's done nothing so catastrophic to make me consider dropping support for him.

I completely disagree here. Trump won't stop this. He's a blithering buffoon who told people who lost their jobs to globalisation and poor economic management that he could fix things. He benefits from it. Unless Americans want to work for Chinese wages, or their consumers want to pay high prices for consumer goods, it's not going to happen. He doesn't give a shít and to make things worse, he hasn't got a clue. Even Forrest Gump at least knew his limitations. This guy is a conman and he conned enough angry folks by riling them up against the darkies. He plays on people's fears and has no intention of fixing their problems. How sane people can't see this, I've no idea.

The shear volume of bullshít from him over the past two weeks has been phenomenal. His appointments, his unprofessionalism, his attention span, his lack of knowledge about how things work - if I wanted the problems of globalisation and uncontrolled immigration tackled, this is the last guy that I would want doing it because he's going to screw up so much that he'll be thrown to the wolves and any talk of sane immigration policies will be laughed out of it as Trumpism. The eejit is a disaster.

The 9th circuit court of appeal have announced they will have a verdict in the travel ban case appeal tonight. If they rule against trump then I'm avoiding Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well this is the interview kelly Anne Conway gave. There is the American flag and the seal of the white House behind her. Again I'll say it optics and that's a horrible one to have IMO.

Oh lord I just watched it.

She said it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The 9th circuit court upholds the suspension of the travel ban.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Oh god trump isn't going to be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Misread KK post, edit.

'Complete and total repudiation' Jeffrey Toobin CNN

Unanomous from the three judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

CNN are reporting that the White House are saying that kelly Anne Conway was "counselled" after her promoting ivanka trumps brand.

Ignorance should not be an excuse. I mean surely you should be counselled before hand. Especially when the president has gone so hung how for and against specific companies.

Great news about the ban. The government's main argument seemed to revolve around the fact that judicery, a branch meant to be a check on the president, should not interfere in anything the president does.

RobertKK wrote: »

Yay..Going to bed and logging into Twitter for the night.

POTUS won't b a happy bunny.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I wonder how many times Kelly-Anne got sick in a bucket after that.

She's not dumb, and I'll bet Trump dragged her in the Oval Office and told her to go out there and make Ivanka look good. I imagine that bit where she said 'Ivanka's the most important woman in his team' wrecked her head.

She's clearly the most powerful female around him, since Ivanka is -supposedly- not involved at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Trump will be trying to delegitimise the judicial system via twitter tonight, I expect. Many toys to be thrown from pram. Disturbing thing is that it's a fair analysis and not exaggerated...

• Advertisement

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Trump will be trying to delegitimise the judicial system via twitter tonight, I expect. Many toys to be thrown from pram. Disturbing thing is that it's a fair analysis and not exaggerated...
    Fair analysis from who ? The 9th circuit ?

Also I see trump and press sec Sean spicer are picking a fight with John McCain. John mccain whether you agree or not with his political views is an American hero. And after he lost the presidential election in 2008 he handled himself with class and dignity.

John McCain has given more for America than Donald trump will ever give.

As someone said tonight, a draft dodger fighting with a POW.

B_Wayne wrote: »

I wonder if it's clever to get on the wrong side of judges. I mean, is he dumb enough to attack the only branch with the ability to check his power?

I guess we'll have to wait till the morning.

Trump says on Twitter "see you in court. The security of our country is at stake!"

Source fox news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Fair analysis from who ? The 9th circuit ?

Also I see trump and press sec Sean spicer are picking a fight with John McCain. John mccain whether you agree or not with his political views is an American hero. And after he lost the presidential election in 2008 he handled himself with class and dignity.

John McCain has given more for America than Donald trump will ever give.

Fair analysis in relation to how Trump will react to the court's decision. So an analysis by me. ;)

That's a fast answer for you, moustache.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Trump says on Twitter "see you in court. The security code our country is at stake!"

Source fox news

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

All capitalised.. someone took the news badly anyways

Water John wrote: »
    That's a fast answer for you, moustache.

I am pleased.

Trump says on Twitter "see you in court. The security code our country is at stake!"

Source fox news

The way trump is going on you'd swear the USA airports aren't secured. What is he talking about security code for ?

• Advertisement

Also "see you in court" I'm confused as to where this ruling came from Donald.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement