Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Inquitus wrote: »
    So Flynn was breaching the Logan Act and undermining the Obama sanctions illegally, how long can the Trump shít show go on, everytime you think its at the end of the line it keeps on giving.
    • Ridiculousness over inauguration attendance numbers
    • Up til now unconstitutional Muslim ban
    • Defeat in the 9th Circuit
    • Nordstrom tweets
    • Conway's Alternative Facts
    • Spicer losing the plot at his presser yesterday
    • Conway's WH sponsored Ivanka advert
    • General Flynn being proved a liar and a law breaker

And that's just the highlights.....
    Donald trump is going to have to leave some songs for the greatest hits album in four years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

outraged them with his contact with the Taiwanese Government.....
    Looks like they have calmed down after that little hissy fit.
    Its a very bad idea to give in to people like that. People who say "you have to make x guy your enemy otherwise I'm going to be very angry with you".

Best to be firm with them, and explain that you can talk and be friendly to both of them, and that's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

Withdrawing from TPP was a major move for US Asia policy as TPP would have isolated China which was outside the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

recedite wrote: »
    Looks like they have calmed down after that little hissy fit.
    Its a very bad idea to give in to people like that. People who say "you have to make x guy your enemy otherwise I'm going to be very angry with you".

Best to be firm with them, and explain that you can talk and be friendly to both of them, and that's just the way it is.

Firm? He is backing down from his earlier threats about the One China policy, he hasn't been firm with anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

recedite wrote: »
    Its a very bad idea to give in to people like that.

Yes- Trump threatens China, says he will only respect the One China policy if China makes a deal. China ignores him for a month so he gives in.
    Sad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is worthy of a watch, Spicer gave the first interview after the 9th Circuit struck down the appeal against a stay on the Muslim Ban, it's comedy from start to finish in it's amateurism, and the fact the WH Press sec is involved in such a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This is worthy of a watch, Spicer gave the first interview after the 9th Circuit struck down the appeal against a stay on the Muslim Ban, it's comedy from start to finish in it's amateurism, and the fact the WH Press sec is involved in such a mess.

That was hard and great to watch at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks no different than normal to me. He is concentrating on the translation of the Japanese into English.

Intel investing $7 billion in Arizona, based on a new tax regime.

You're entitled to an alternative opinion, but you're not entitled to alternative facts. Intel announced plans for the plant in 2011, and although they suspended construction in 2014, that was more to do with a fall in demand in PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trump says new measures next week to "keep country safe".

He says the threat of terrorism is much higher than American citizens realise.

Yeah I am just going to assume anything he says is pure and utter lies until someone with some degree of ability in these areas confirms it.

I mean come on. He flat out lied about the crime rate being at a 47 year high. About the media not covering those 78 attacks. He bigged up the attack in France while entirely ignoring the far more serious attack in a neighbouring country purely because the France attacker was a Muslim and the Canadian wasn't.

Trump is not a credible source. Ffs he was probably tweeting about nordstrom while they were explaining this stuff to him.

He has built power on telling the American public that they need to be afraid. That is why he is exaggerating the crime rates and presumably the threat from terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes- Trump threatens China, says he will only respect the One China policy if China makes a deal. China ignores him for a month so he gives in.
    Sad!

Maybe pragmatic given the Chinese made it clear that for the US to have relations with China it must abide by the One China policy, that it is the basis for them having diplomatic relations, but then it is for every country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭eire4

Christy42 wrote: »
    Yeah I am just going to assume anything he says is pure and utter lies until someone with some degree of ability in these areas confirms it.

I mean come on. He flat out lied about the crime rate being at a 47 year high. About the media not covering those 78 attacks. He bigged up the attack in France while entirely ignoring the far more serious attack in a neighbouring country purely because the France attacker was a Muslim and the Canadian wasn't.

Trump is not a credible source. Ffs he was probably tweeting about nordstrom while they were explaining this stuff to him.

He has built power on telling the American public that they need to be afraid. That is why he is exaggerating the crime rates and presumably the threat from terrorism.

He also left off terrorist attacks by white supremacist groups from that list of 78 attacks:
    During an interview with CNN on Tuesday, the Irish American Congressman attempted to explain why attacks by white supremacists had not been added to President Trump’s list of 78 attacks his administration thinks have not been adequately covered  by the media.
    But the glaring omission of our home grown domestic terrorists, the majority of which are self described white nationalists, perplexed CNN’s Alisyn Camerota.
    “Why isn’t the president talking about the white terrorists who mowed down six Muslims praying at their mosque?” Camerota asked Duffy.
    “I don’t know, but I would just tell you there’s a difference,” Duffy replied. “You don’t have a group like ISIS or Al Qaeda that is inspiring attacks around the world. That was a one off, Alisyn.”
    The problem is, it wasn’t a one off and we do have white nationalists groups inspiring attacks on our home soil.
    Each time a white supremacist goes on a killing spree they are invariably referred to by the media as a “lone wolf” who “acted independently” as though they weren’t aware of - or were even a part of - a national and international neo-Nazi network.
    “So you give me two examples, right,” said Duffy, reluctantly admitting the recent attack on a mosque was more than a one off. “And in recent times, we’re going to talk about the one example. That’s different than the whole movement that has taken place through ISIS and inspired attacks.”
    How it was different Duffy failed to clarity. Tell that to the bereaved, however.
    Statistics simply don’t bear Duffy’s contention out. Since 9/11, according to The New York Times, an average of nine American Muslims per year have been involved in an average of six terrorism-related plots against targets in the United States.
    Most of those plots were disrupted after tip offs from within their own communities, and the 20 plots that were carried out have accounted for 50 fatalities over the past 13 and a half years.
    In contrast white nationalists have averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities, according to a study by Arie Perliger a professor at the United States Military Academy’s Combating Terrorism Center.
    In fact the numbers of white nationalist attacks have only increased since the study was released in 2012. So it’s remarkable, given these easy to verify findings, to hear a United States Congressman contend that we face a special threat from Muslims when the facts say otherwise.
    U.S. law enforcement also says otherwise. In 2014 law enforcement officers determined the “sovereign citizen” movement - an offshoot of the white-supremacist movement – is actually the most pressing terrorist threat in the United States.

Christy42 wrote: »

Speaking of France, a terrorist plot was foiled and the attack was imminent.
    Explosives were being put together for what is speculated to be a suicide bomber attack, 4 people were arrested including a 16 year old girl.

Maybe Trump is crying 'wolf, wolf'.
    But there will be a wolf sometime, and probably linked to a country not on the travel ban, again.

You're entitled to an alternative opinion, but you're not entitled to alternative facts. Intel announced plans for the plant in 2011, and although they suspended construction in 2014, that was more to do with a fall in demand in PCs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/technology/trump-intel-chip-factory-arizona.html?_r=0
    SAN FRANCISCO — Intel, the world’s largest computer chip manufacturer, will invest $7 billion to finish a factory in Arizona, adding 3,000 jobs, the company’s chief executive said on Wednesday after meeting with President Trump at the White House.
    The completion of the factory, which will complement two other Intel semiconductor plants in Chandler, Ariz., had been under consideration for several years.
    Standing beside Mr. Trump in the Oval Office, Brian Krzanich, Intel’s chief executive, said the company had decided to proceed now because of “the tax and regulatory policies we see the administration pushing forward.”
    Mr. Trump said: “The people of Arizona will be very happy. It’s a lot of jobs.”
    He said Intel called the White House several weeks ago to coordinate the announcement. That outreach illustrates the tightrope that Silicon Valley companies are walking as they deal with a president most of them did not want to see in office.

Intel was one of nearly 130 companies that signed a legal brief challenging Mr. Trump’s Jan. 27 executive order temporarily blocking the entry of all refugees and of immigrants from seven predominantly Muslim nations. Earlier, Mr. Krzanich declaring, “As a company co-founded by an immigrant, we support lawful immigration.” (Intel’s third employee and longtime chief executive, Andrew S. Grove, survived the Holocaust and arrived in the United States after fleeing the Soviet invasion of his native Hungary in 1956.)
    Yet Intel, like Apple and other large technology companies, also supports the Trump administration’s plans to reduce corporate taxes and regulations. During the presidential campaign, Mr. Krzanich planned and then canceled a fund-raiser for Mr. Trump.
    Stacy J. Smith, the executive vice president who oversees manufacturing and sales, said Intel considered itself apolitical. “Intel engages, whatever the administration,” he said in an interview after Wednesday’s announcement. “We focus on the issues that we care about.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Wow, this looks like some sort of TY project, and then they physically move the camera during the interview....

Breitbart will need a bit of work before they can be the official white house media.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Totally irrelevant post.

Especially as he was having a laugh last week about the Apprentice, which some took very seriously, even Arnie had a laugh about it, it was very jocular.

Last week we had people here saying Trump and Bannon are going to war with China.

Clearly you didn't see him take the opportunity to tell everyone how bad the ratings were and Arnold's response about swapping jobs because trump is not very good at his.

No it actually wasn't meant as a joke from either direction.

Now that's the funny part.

listermint wrote: »
    Clearly you didn't see him take the opportunity to tell everyone how bad the ratings were and Arnold's response about swapping jobs because trump is not very good at his.

No it actually wasn't meant as a joke from either direction.

Now that's the funny part.

You are posting fake news.

I watched it live, there was some laughing.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-pray-for-arnold-schwarzenegger-apprentice-ratings-prayer-breakfast-2017-2?r=US&IR=T
    At the 65th annual event organized by The Fellowship Foundation and hosted by members of Congress, Trump joked that he would be praying for Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has taken over hosting the new "Celebrity Apprentice," Trump's claim to broadcast fame.

http://www.wsj.com/video/trump-makes-apprentice-joke-defends-tough-phone-calls/A50414AC-906E-4A66-8EC2-6606B29D25FA.html
    At the National Prayer Breakfast, President Donald Trump joked that people should "pray" for Arnold Schwarzenegger, his replacement on "The Apprentice.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/02/trump-at-national-prayer-breakfast-pray-for-celebrity-apprentice.html
    Trump did address faith in his speech Thursday, but he also took jabs at "Celebrity Apprentice" after the show's producer Mark Burnett introduced him.

"When I ran for president, I had to leave the show. That's when I knew for sure I was doing it," Trump said. "And they hired a big, big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger, to take my place. And we know how that turned out. The ratings went right down the tubes, it's been a total disaster, and Mark will never, ever bet against Trump again. And I want to just pray for Arnold if we can for those ratings, OK?"
    Muted laughter followed the joke about the NBC show, which helped to vault Trump to nationwide fame.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/02/politics/donald-trump-national-prayer-breakfast/
    Trump then turned to the audience and said: "I want to just pray for Arnold ... for those ratings."
    The comment may have been intended as a joke, but Trump's opening came in sharp contrast to how past presidents have addressed the breakfast.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/827159869580980226

Stop using the term fake news it makes your arguments laughable. It's not new it's not funny.

Also paid laughing at a trump speech is not laughing

Amazing you put out everything trump related but failed to put Arnold's video response.

Go get it. I dare you

Stop using the term fake news it makes your arguments laughable. It's not new it's not funny.

Also paid laughing at a trump speech is not laughing

Amazing you put out everything trump related but failed to put Arnold's video response.

Go get it. I dare you

What is amazing is - you are unable to say you were wrong.

What is amazing is - you are unable to say you were wrong.

I'm not wrong you showed videos with trump staff laughing at terrible jokes

You now refuse to get Arnold's video.

I suspect you haven't seen it.

Quite telling

You've been had sir.

I'm not wrong you showed videos with trump staff laughing at terrible jokes

You now refuse to get Arnold's video.

I suspect you haven't seen it.

Quite telling

You've been had sir.

You must have no sense of humour, and must be unable to see yourself as ever being wrong.

Are you going to claim all those links and quotes I posted are lies about it being a joke?

I saw the Arnie video several times already and it was a joke just like Arnie saying he wanted to smash Trump's face into a table was a joke.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/827169996866347008

Clearly having a laugh with Trump.
    People have no sense of humour these days when Trump is involved, so serious!!!

• Advertisement

You must have no sense of humour, and must be unable to see yourself as ever being wrong.

Are you going to claim all those links and quotes I posted are lies about it being a joke?

I saw the Arnie video several times already and it was a joke just like Arnie saying he wanted to smash Trump's face into a table was a joke.

If you think Arnold was joking then you need to review your awareness.

You don't use language like people sleeping comfortably at night to have a joke. It was to the point and direct. Franky there is no love lost between the two.

I suspect you know this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Are you having a laugh? They are both taking shots at each other. It isn't the first time either. They are not being friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Sad!

Not really. Would it not be more sad had he not made an effort in the first place? Leftists can argue all day about how great a leader Enda Kenny is because he doesn't really do anything on a major world scale. Trump makes efforts, he puts bait out there, if the bait is taken it's taken, if not then he will try his best to resolve it. If China doesn't take bait; there is nothing he can do. Donald Trump is a do-er, and that's exactly what America needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not really. Would it not be more sad had he not made an effort in the first place? Leftists can argue all day about how great a leader Enda Kenny is because he doesn't really do anything on a major world scale. Trump makes efforts, he puts bait out there, if the bait is taken it's taken, if not then he will try his best to resolve it. If China doesn't take bait; there is nothing he can do. Donald Trump is a do-er, and that's exactly what America needs.

Replace Do-er with Los-er and you have it right, he's a man of limited intellect, a short attention span, a narcissistic personality disorder and no experience of running a government and his first 3 weeks have been the most laughable failure the world has ever seen.

If you think Arnold was joking then you need to review your awareness.

You don't use language like people sleeping comfortably at night to have a joke. It was to the point and direct. Franky there is no love lost between the two.

I suspect you know this

Dark humour is some of the best humour, especially between friends.

Trump said Schwarzenegger is a friend.
    Congrats to my friend @Schwarzenegger who is doing next season’s Celebrity Apprentice. He'll be great & will raise lots of $ for charity.

Arnie the same about Trump last month:
    Sky News:
    "I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings,"
    He tweeted one last time to the President-elect, asking him to watch a video of the actor reciting a quote from President Lincoln - "one of my heroes".
    "We are not enemies, but friends," the quote goes.
    "We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection..."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

Replace Do-er with Los-er and you have it right, he's a man of limited intellect, a short attention span, a narcissistic personality disorder and no experience of running a government and his first 3 weeks have been the most laughable failure the world has ever seen.

Limited intellect? It takes a damn good businessman to turn the small fortune his father had into what he has today. His campaign was nothing but genius and the rhetoric he used was captivating at worst. Narcissistic personality? More like an open-minded personality. He may be as close to alt right as a president ever will, he's willing to put political correctness to one side and focus on what matter - actually politics. People are dying, we don't have time to waste talking about what toilet to use, because nobody cares about what goddamn toilet you use. Trump may not be an ideal president who speaks on behalf of everyone - but that's what the senate is for, they should speak on behalf of the people. Donald Trump's only job is to put different ideologies out there (controversial if possible) and get the people thinking. He's doing that. Stopping people from certain countries temporarily is a policy which is unfortunate, but certainly needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Dark humour is some of the best humour, especially between friends.

Trump said Schwarzenegger is a friend.
    Congrats to my friend @Schwarzenegger who is doing next season’s Celebrity Apprentice. He'll be great & will raise lots of $ for charity.

Arnie the same about Trump last month:
    Sky News:
    "I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings,"
    He tweeted one last time to the President-elect, asking him to watch a video of the actor reciting a quote from President Lincoln - "one of my heroes".
    "We are not enemies, but friends," the quote goes.
    "We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection..."

:D

Ah here Robert... come on man. You will end up with whiplash once that credulity band snaps.

:D

Ah here Robert... come on man. You will end up with whiplash once that credulity band snaps.

The two Republicans having a public 'spat' promoting the Apprentice...

Limited intellect? It takes a damn good businessman to turn the small fortune his father had into what he has today.

What does he have today? Because no one really knows because he won't release his tax returns.

Also... it wasn't a 'small fortune'
    Also... he has gone bankrupt several times
    His campaign was nothing but genius and the rhetoric he used was captivating at worst.

It was a lot of things, genius was not among them. You don't get to call yourself 'genius' because you were the one lowlife willing to rob from the collection plate. His campaign was the oldest trick in the book, fear and division, promise of glory restored with a good dose of disinformation, literally everyone with half a brain knows how it works and how to do it, but they also know that you shouldn't.
    Narcissistic personality? More like an open-minded personality.

Yes definitely open minded.;)

He may be as close to alt right as a president ever will, he's willing to put political correctness to one side and focus on what matter - actually politics. People are dying, we don't have time to waste talking about what toilet to use, because nobody cares about what goddamn toilet you use.

LoL Except for the evangelicals and religious right who were Trump's most faithful and ardent acolytes.
    Trump may not be an ideal president who speaks on behalf of everyone - but that's what the senate is for, they should speak on behalf of the people. Donald Trump's only job is to put different ideologies out there (controversial if possible) and get the people thinking. He's doing that. Stopping people from certain countries temporarily is a policy which is unfortunate, but certainly needed.

How is it necessary? How is it necessary to exclude these 'certain countries' but not any of the countries that had involvement in 911?

• Advertisement

The two Republicans having a public 'spat' promoting the Apprentice...

So Robert... let me get this straight right now...

These two Republicans are having a spat to promote the Apprentice...

So once again it is all part of a masterplan orchestrated from the centre of Trump HQ.

Tell me did they start plotting this before or after the tape emerged of POTUS bragging about sexually assaulting women and Arnold renounced his support publicly? OR after?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement