Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Are you sure? What sources did you hear this from? My guy in Egypt says otherwise...

So because Fox or other Conservative outlets say it's true, that automatically makes it false right?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/house-staff-criminal-investigation-234714

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wildgreen

They know he's involved with the russians.

An Rúis, Krievija, Nga, Oroszország, Rosja, Rusija, Rusko, Rusland, Russia, Russie, Russland, Rusya, Rwsia , Ryssland, Urusi, Venäjä, Venemaa, Ρωσία, Расія, Росія, Россия, Русија, Русија, Русия, ロシア,ประเทศรัสเซีย, 러시아, 俄罗斯

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Hexen

recedite wrote: »
    Oh really? Who exactly in the NSA says so?
    According to your link...Right, so Mr Anonymous Top Spy said so. Say no more. Fake News.

Also your link says that General Flynn was fired by Obama in 2014 from the Defense Intelligence Agency for... His "incompetence" was to suggest to Obama that the White House at the time was not taking the rise of Islamic State, and Jihadi terrorism in general, seriously enough.
    Subsequently we had rapid territorial gains by IS, millions of refugees pouring into the EU via Turkey in 2015, and numerous terrorist attacks in the EU and also the US by people pledging allegiance to IS.
    Followed soon afterwards by Brexit, Trump, and the rise of the far right politicians in Europe.

So if being able to predict this kind of thing was Flynn's "poor judgement and incompetence" lets have lots more of it please ;)

Well, that's Flynn's account of why he was fired but he certainly created a lot of enemies during his tenure, which might mean he's political inept, and, whether true or not, was accused of having a chaotic management style and less than acute grip on facts.

John R. Schindler, the author of the piece cited above, is a security insider and his account is certainly plausible concerning the perspective of the intelligence community.
    His name is John R. Schindler. In his own words, he is a "professor of national security affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, where he’s been since 2005, and where he teaches courses on security, strategy, intelligence, terrorism, and occasionally military history." He previously spent "nearly a decade with the National Security Agency as an intelligence analyst and counterintelligence officer," and he is "a senior fellow of the International History Institute at Boston University and is chairman of the Partnership for Peace Consortium's Combating Terrorism Working Group, a unique body which brings together scholars and practitioners from more than two dozen countries across Eurasia to tackle problems of terrorism, extremism, and political violence." In addition, his blog has some smart commentary on it.

He is certainly a surveillance-state expert.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/12/how-surveillance-state-insiders-try-to-discredit-nsa-critics/281941/

What the article itself confirms, rather than any specified allegations, is a significant breakdown in the relationship and trust between the intelligence community and the Trump regime.

What's also interesting of course is that this article should appear in a media outlet that is owned by Jared Kushner!

Schindler also has a blog which is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

You know I said Russians sarcastically right? It was three Muslim brothers stealing the information.

We'll see what happens with the case, but that's the first I heard of it. If it is indeed true it depends on how serious the breach was.

To be honest, gaining access to several computers belonging to congressmen is not nearly as serious as what's going on with the russians imo. Those links go right up to the top.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

So because Fox or other Conservative outlets say it's true, that automatically makes it false right?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/house-staff-criminal-investigation-234714

I support Trump.

Also is that an IP grabber?

Honestly can't tell anymore these days...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I support Trump.

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I support Trump.

Have to laugh how people think that their IP address is some sort of secret unique identifier

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some of the stuff that is claimed to have happened a in spying, it is like season 5 of Homeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

recedite wrote: »
    "Putin's Bagman" acting suspiciously in Florida :pac:
    What makes you think he is a "bagman" for anyone? He is a billionaire in his own right. He made money by modernising an old soviet potash fertiliser industry (and also created an environmental disaster at one of his mines).

The guy has a house there, which he bought from DJT. Of course he is going to be out on the golf course when DJT arrives with the Japanese premier in tow. What is the point in paying extortionate membership fees if you are not going to go down to the club for these kind of events?

The anti-Trump conspiracy theories are getting ridiculous.

Oh he has a very very checkered passed with connections to oil banking and to Vlad Putin. He Has never lived in the house he bought from Trump as far as I know. He flew in from Russia at the same time as trump/Flynn and flew out at same time as him. His plane is called mkate, check flight tevords if you don't believe me.
    Another guy Shwarzman who heads Trumps CEO industry group and has known Trump for 40 years was there also. Shwarzman's company Blackwater has may be linked to the 19% of Rosfeld sold in December. 19% of Rosfeld was the deal for dropping sanctions against Russia.
    That's something to watch. The Flynn story will not go away. And the CIA leaks will keep coming till Trump is gone.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a0340de4b080bf74f03d62?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004

RobertKK wrote: »
    Some of the stuff that is claimed to have happened a in spying, it is like season 5 of Homeland.

Well it is all the Intel agencies leaking this stuff. It's pretty real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is really no need for spies - if you are a member of Trump's 'home' golf course you are automatically security cleared and can sit in on security briefings. http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/12/politics/trump-shinzo-abe-mar-a-lago-north-korea/index.html

This CNN report about how Trump handled the news of the N Korean missile launch shows while he is wholly unsuitable for office.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/12/politics/trump-shinzo-abe-mar-a-lago-north-korea/index.html

The big story is the links between Trump and Russia. The media need to keep on this until satisfactory answers are forthcoming. Trump has not commented on this at all. US media must ensure that ignoring such a vital issue will not make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

demfad wrote: »
    This CNN report about how Trump handled the news of the N Korean missile launch shows while he is wholly unsuitable for office.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/12/politics/trump-shinzo-abe-mar-a-lago-north-korea/index.html

The big story is the links between Trump and Russia. The media need to keep on this until satisfactory answers are forthcoming. Trump has not commented on this at all. US media must ensure that ignoring such a vital issue will not make it go away.

I am curious if we will get an update on how "Trump's people" are getting on with their own investigation into Russian involvement in the election. He promised proof after 90 days. I am curious who his people are or what sort of people they are as well. None of this has been cleared up.

I mean sure that could have been a delaying tactic to get people to forget about the Russian incident but I would prefer to take him at his word. He did promise proof which I felt odd at the time given the 90 day period had not started but he seemed so confident that Russia would be cleared of all involvement that he must have had some evidence already unless he was simply trying to deflect from a massive issue.

I mean if they turn up nothing what are we to think of Trump and his complete confidence that they would clear Russia? What was that confidence based on? Of course these questions won't come up as his people have plenty of time left and I am sure Russia will be cleared completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,422 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Christy42 wrote: »
    I am curious if we will get an update on how "Trump's people" are getting on with their own investigation into Russian involvement in the election. He promised proof after 90 days. I am curious who his people are or what sort of people they are as well. None of this has been cleared up.

I mean sure that could have been a delaying tactic to get people to forget about the Russian incident but I would prefer to take him at his word. He did promise proof which I felt odd at the time given the 90 day period had not started but he seemed so confident that Russia would be cleared of all involvement that he must have had some evidence already unless he was simply trying to deflect from a massive issue.

I mean if they turn up nothing what are we to think of Trump and his complete confidence that they would clear Russia? What was that confidence based on? Of course these questions won't come up as his people have plenty of time left and I am sure Russia will be cleared completely.

Trump does this all the time. He pretended to send a team of investigators to uncover evidence that Obama was not born in Hawaii and kept promising to release the incredibly credible and incriminating evidence, but it was all just bluster and he just let the story fizzle out.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-hawaii-investigators_us_57dc3bffe4b04a1497b46da1

Who do you mean by Trumps people?
    Currently there is an FBI investigation across 5 intel groups looking into Trumps ties to Russia. There is an FBI Foreign Intelligence agency Act warrant (needs probable cause and allows wiretap) into communications between Trump tower and Apha bank in Russia.
    There are 2 separate congressional investigations into Russian Hacking that include Trump campaign ties to Russia.
    There is an FBI investigation into Flynn's contact with the Russian Government (huge story now) and there is a Pentagon inquiry into Flynn's patments by RT (formerly Russia today) and any other payments received from Russia.
    The Steele dossier is still under investigation and some of it was verified on Friday.
    Are these who you mean by Trumps people?
    If Russia are goinmg to be cleared why have they arrested several of their spies for treason, spies who seem to be connected to the hack?
    https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russia-federal-agents-suspected-of-treason-are-reportedly-being-charged-with-passing-secrets-to-the-cia-56994

Trump was forced to admit Russian involvement. Do you expect us to believe you seriously believe his word about him knowing a secret that will clear Russia? Do you also believe that 3-5 million people voted illegally in teh election?

If you cant substantiate youre POV then as far as I can see youre motivations for continually posting pro Trump pro Russian propaganda should eb viewed with massive suspicion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Has the way Trump responded to the North Korean missile launch been talked about yet?

According to multiple witnesses, he conducted what should have been a highly classified and confidential discussion of how the US should respond to NK in the diningroom of Mar-a-Lago while surrounded by club members. Since there was only soft lighting in the room, random people there used their phones to light up the classified documentation supplied by the intelligence agencies. I hear these fancy new phones even take photographs these days!

This is so far beyond farcial...
    Donald Trump crafted his response to a North Korean missile test in the crowded dining room of the Mar-a-Lago club, as waiters and diners looked on. Mr Trump, who was hosting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his Florida residence, did not leave his dinner table while he discussed a tactical response with advisers.

Other diners were reportedly able to listen in as they continued eating. Because of the mood lighting, phone flashlights were reportedly used by the President’s team to read highly secure documents on North Korea - which had fired a powerful Musudan rocket into the Sea of Japan around an hour before.

Critics have said his unorthodox response left national security vulnerable to spies and surveillance.

Diners were apparently even able to take photos. One image posted to social media – showing controversial adviser Steve Bannon hovering behind Mr Trump – claims to capture the scene.

The photo, which has not been verified, shows Mr Trump apparently looking relaxed.

As a side issue (hah!) by hosting the state visit of PM Abe at Mar-a-Lago, Trump is directly, unarguably making a cash profit from being President.

And somehow this is now perfectly acceptable.

ZKJHAMP.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-shinzo-abe-japan-prime-minister-north-korea-missile-test-mar-a-lago-dining-room-florida-a7576956.html

demfad wrote: »
    Who do you mean by Trumps people?
    Currently there is an FBI investigation across 5 intel groups looking into Trumps ties to Russia. There is an FBI Foreign Intelligence agency Act warrant (needs probable cause and allows wiretap) into communications between Trump tower and Apha bank in Russia.
    There are 2 separate congressional investigations into Russian Hacking that include Trump campaign ties to Russia.
    There is an FBI investigation into Flynn's contact with the Russian Government (huge story now) and there is a Pentagon inquiry into Flynn's patments by RT (formerly Russia today) and any other payments received from Russia.
    The Steele dossier is still under investigation and some of it was verified on Friday.
    Are these who you mean by Trumps people?
    If Russia are goinmg to be cleared why have they arrested several of their spies for treason, spies who seem to be connected to the hack?
    https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russia-federal-agents-suspected-of-treason-are-reportedly-being-charged-with-passing-secrets-to-the-cia-56994

Trump was forced to admit Russian involvement. Do you expect us to believe you seriously believe his word about him knowing a secret that will clear Russia? Do you also believe that 3-5 million people voted illegally in teh election?

If you cant substantiate youre POV then as far as I can see youre motivations for continually posting pro Trump pro Russian propaganda should eb viewed with massive suspicion.

Well I can't say I have been accused of posting pro Russian or pro Trump propoganda beforr:p

I would suggest you have quoted the wrong person or that my meaning has been lost in my writing.

Trump's people refers to a tweet he sent saying his people would investigate it.
    Yes the investigation is a load of **** as I can't even figure out what sort of people he should have access to who would investigate this (aside from the IS who were already investigating and seemed less confident of Russia being innocent).

My post should be read with a healthy dose of sarcasm. I am very much of the opinion the investigation is a deflection strategy. I just don't want that promise of proof of Russian innocence to be forgotten when he inevitably fails to provide it.

Well I can't say I have been accused of posting pro Russian or pro Trump propoganda beforr:p

I would suggest you have quoted the wrong person or that my meaning has been lost in my writing.

Trump's people refers to a tweet he sent saying his people would investigate it.
    Yes the investigation is a load of **** as I can't even figure out what sort of people he should have access to who would investigate this (aside from the IS who were already investigating and seemed less confident of Russia being innocent).

My post should be read with a healthy dose of sarcasm. I am very much of the opinion the investigation is a deflection strategy. I just don't want that promise of proof of Russian innocence to be forgotten when he inevitably fails to provide it.

Ok thanks. I misread your post so. Apologies.

Trumps senior political advisor was on all the cable news channels giving a statement of intent that is pretty worrying.
    The end result of this, though, is that our opponents, the media, and the whole world will soon see, as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial, and will not be questioned

https://youtu.be/lHusZDjesr4

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trumps senior political advisor was on all the cable news channels giving a statement of intent that is pretty worrying.

Miller was very well aquanted white supremacist Richard Spencer in college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

L'État, c'est moi.

I am not saying that Trump is a facist. I want that to be clear.

I just think that with the accusations flying around there would be an order to all his staff to not sound like one in speeches. Even if you are not a facial it just makes for stupid pr.

I am not saying that Trump is a facist. I want that to be clear.

I just think that with the accusations flying around there would be an order to all his staff to not sound like one in speeches. Even if you are not a facial it just makes for stupid pr.

Trump tweeted out that Steven Miller did a great job in his interviews with the networks. Trump can't even back away from Millers extremist rhetoric. He's already endorsed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I must have missed this lad Steven miller but Jesus h Christ he's doesn't lack confidence.

It was scary with what he saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I must have missed this lad Steven miller but Jesus h Christ he's doesn't lack confidence.

It was scary with what he saying.

It doesn't help that he's a pathological liar.

Trump tweeted out that Steven Miller did a great job in his interviews with the networks. Trump can't even back away from Millers extremist rhetoric. He's already endorsed it.

I wonder was trump watching with Kelly Anne Conway and Sean spicer and saying "that is how you do it bigly."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

We heard during the campaign that Russian had allegedly hacked a US party well here are two conviction of Turks who have hacked America and the world.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2017/02/11/Turk-jailed-for-8-years-in-theft-of-55-mln-in-ATM-hacks.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/turkish-hacker-sentenced-to-334-years-in-prison-2016-1

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭johnny_tractor

has anyone else heard about the california-exit,

it's science fiction level

has anyone else heard about the california-exit,

it's science fiction level

California exit from what ? And sorry to answer your question. No I haven't.

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    We heard during the campaign that Russian had allegedly hacked a US party well here are two conviction of Turks who have hacked America and the world.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2017/02/11/Turk-jailed-for-8-years-in-theft-of-55-mln-in-ATM-hacks.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/turkish-hacker-sentenced-to-334-years-in-prison-2016-1

Well this seems absolutely relevant to anything here. Emm, emm, help me out here?

As for the remarks by Miller I am sure someone will be along g to point out how Trump meant he did a good job in all but those remarks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement