Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    Exhibit D:Trump says he has no dealings with Russia, which has been disproven on multiple occasions.

Literally follows it up with "But Hillary!" and the victim complex that he would get the death penalty. I wonder where the cue comes from...

Exhibit E: A reporter thankfully picks up on his "I love Wikileaks" comment. Trump lies that the Clinton emails were not classified information, then plays the victim card over his meltdown in the debates.

Nobody follows up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Verbal diarrhoea...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If I was that reporter I'd get up and walk out.

"Well get him." Trump is a maniac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Itssoeasy wrote: »

What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

That show at 10pm on CNN has terrible ratings...

Yeah ranked 15th for the day yesterday on cable ahead of all fox news broadcasts in 18-49

Final-Cable-2017-Feb-14.TUE_.png

Worst possible thing to do. All that achieves is a press conference where the only people around to ask questions are the likes of Fox, Breitbart, etc.

B_Wayne wrote: »

What happened?
    He basically called the show and CNN as a network a disaster and pointed out the guy who asked the question.

Continuing to double down on the leaks being real, but anybody talking about them being a liar. You actually couldn't make this nonsense up. Just wall to wall nonsense, exactly as everybody knew it would be.

Worst possible thing to do. All that achieves is a press conference where the only people around to ask questions are the likes of Fox, Breitbart, etc.
    I know but still it's getting old fast.

• Advertisement

I know but still it's getting old fast.
    And if you step aside and let them continue it, you'll be lucky if it only continues for 8 more years, never even mind 4. The press are sitting there like meek children, they should be constantly challenging his endless lies out there en masse, it's a president when it should sound like the House of Commons in Westminster to be honest.

Trump was obviously looking up what uranium was and decided to let people know.

Not good!!!!!

Major garret of cbs news was silly to keep talking.

Jesus Christ you won the ****ing election donald. Stop bringing up Hillary Clinton.

He's just worked out he is a politician.

Exhibit E: A reporter thankfully picks up on his "I love Wikileaks" comment. Trump lies that the Clinton emails were not classified information, then plays the victim card over his meltdown in the debates.

Nobody follows up on it.
    Exhibit F:

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/832300774805876736

And this isn't including the lies he has repeated 3 or 4 times yet.

It is actually like he's in campaign mood again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

Exhibit A: Just saw a Tweet that Trump said he got more EC votes than anyone since Raegan (marking at least the 5th time in a week he has felt the insecure need to bring up that he won the election). He didn't... he actually had the lowest number of EC votes of anyone to win the election since 1972.

Exhibit B: He then said the 9th Circuit Court is overturned in record numbers. Also false.

Trump is obviously a Moran and lying with every word.

However I have to call this out. Surely gwb got less in 2000? Or did I miss something?

Trump on Russia testing arms etc in recent days: we need to be their friends.

...then he goes on to say his presidency is going to be one of secrecy. And makes vague threats to BOTH Iran and North Korea.

"A very smooth roll out of the travel ban." Ah lads it's like a Punch and Judy show.

The BBC guy got shouted down.

The press seem to be working together to get an answer. Good luck on that.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    Trump is obviously a Moran and lying with every word.

However I have to call this out. Surely gwb got less in 2000? Or did I miss something?

Ah, you're right, messed up - Bush was 271 and 288 (I remembered him doing a good bit better in 2004 with the Iraq War in full swing)... http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781450.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Christy42

The press seem to be working together to get an answer. Good luck on that.

They have to try. He deflects like nobody's business and drifts back to winning the election every chance he gets, frequently when he doesn't get the chance as well.

"A very smooth roll out of the travel ban." Ah lads it's like a Punch and Judy show.

The BBC guy got shouted down.
    Poor from him, but at least he forced Trump to shout him down - as every reporter not being directly answered (so pretty much every reporter) should be constantly doing.

Trump having a temper tantrum that someone who backed him during the campaign isn't throwing him softballs.

This is a utter mess. The reporters will be going to a bar after this and just going for rounds. Well I would.

This is sureal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

What the hell is going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One of the most amazing things I have even seen. Couldn't turn it off.

Did I dream this or did president trump just try to get a black reporter to set up a meeting with the black caucus in the us congress ? He's the president FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

...I don't know what just happened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

One of the most amazing things I have even seen. Couldn't turn it off.

Same thoughts here, maybe for different reasons though :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement