Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Same thoughts here, maybe for different reasons though :pac:

"Oh yeah, lie to me baby!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Billy86 wrote: »
    "Oh yeah, lie to me baby!" :D

Lol. I was laughing the entire time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

"Lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things"

...there you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Lol. I was laughing the entire time

At this stage, I can't see the comedy in one of the most powerful people in the world being a lying narcissistic idiot.

Its official then, if you still support Trump after that, you're a complete idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It could be worse - imagine if his administration was a well oiled efficient machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Trump just said he had biggest electoral college victory since Regan

In reality Bush Sr, Clinton twice and Obama twice beat his electoral vote

Not to mention of the overall 59 electoral college votes he comes in 46th in terms of margin of victory! Once again another lie and in this case a totally pointless one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its official then, if you still support Trump after that, you're a complete idiot.

In fairness, he did go on a bit of a rambling rant, I was surprised he took so many questions. The pressure is starting to show abit.

What caught him out badly was the question about the Russian spy liner and missile tests etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This is a utter mess. The reporters will be going to a bar after this and just going for rounds. Well I would.

Some of those reporters might be smelling the chance of a Watergate sized scoop if they can break the story that brings Trump down.

Trump is seriously damaged right now - surely it won't be long before the entire system turns on him with a vengeance? GOP, Intelligence community, House of Reps, Senate, Judiciary, the press .... he's made so many enemies by now that I imagine any allies he does have left are either running for the door or planning to go down with the ship.

I haven't seen or heard much of Pence lately either - is he just waiting in the wings?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Gintonious wrote: »

It'll be interesting to see how the GOP in congress react to that press conference. And how the constituents of those GOP members of congress react to it.

• Advertisement

In fairness, he did go on a bit of a rambling rant, I was surprised he took so many questions. The pressure is starting to show abit.

What caught him out badly was the question about the Russian spy liner and missile tests etc.

Once the questions started he was clueless, he can't handle it.

Not even a month in yet. This is like watching a car crash in ultra HD 3d 4K slow-mo directed by Christopher Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,252 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The press conference is reality TV. It's entertainment and it's not intended to convert anything about reality. His voters will enjoy it. That's what matters.

I doubt he has lost much or any support among the people who voted for him. For all the talk about how terrible his first few weeks are going. I doubt his supporters care. He's giving them more of the reasons they voted for him in the first place.

Same thoughts here, maybe for different reasons though

Did you actually thin it was good or are you just saying that? What was particularly good about it?

The press conference is reality TV. It's entertainment and it's not intended to convert anything about reality. His voters will enjoy it. That's what matters.

I doubt he has lost much or any support among the people who voted for him. For all the talk about how terrible his first few weeks are going. I doubt his supporters care. He's giving them more of the reasons they voted for him in the first place.

That's one way of looking at it I guess, but I doubt it's deliberate - he can't help himself.

And the people who voted for him won't be much help when the establishment is impeaching him and possibly charging him with treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

swampgas wrote: »
    Some of those reporters might be smelling the chance of a Watergate sized scoop if they can break the story that brings Trump down.

Trump is seriously damaged right now - surely it won't be long before the entire system turns on him with a vengeance? GOP, Intelligence community, House of Reps, Senate, Judiciary, the press .... he's made so many enemies by now that I imagine any allies he does have left are either running for the door or planning to go down with the ship.

I haven't seen or heard much of Pence lately either - is he just waiting in the wings?

Don't think the press are up to much. They failed to stop him despite all his antics during the campaign.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Don't think the press are up to much. They failed to stop him despite all his antics during the campaign.

True enough, but if it's seen as a race to see who breaks the story first, they (and their editors) might get a little braver. Although it would be embarrassing for the US if it took a foreign newspaper like the Guardian to break such a story first.

swampgas wrote:
    That's one way of looking at it I guess, but I doubt it's deliberate - he can't help himself.

Can't help himself? He parlayed that skill into becoming president. People need to stop thinking he's stupid.
    swampgas wrote:
    And the people who voted for him won't be much help when the establishment is impeaching him and possibly charging him with treason.

I see people presume he'll be impeached. He has ducked and dived out of more scandals in the past 2 years than most people would have in an entire career. Impeached isn't a foregone conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

It could be worse - imagine if his administration was a well oiled efficient machine...

His administration is about as well-oiled as an American-made car.

Can't help himself? He parlayed that skill into becoming president. People need to stop thinking he's stupid.
    He can't hack the job of president. No matter how smart you think he is, that's patently obvious.
    I see people presume he'll be impeached. He has ducked and dived out of more scandals in the past 2 years than most people would have in an entire career. Impeached isn't a foregone conclusion
    I'm slow to presume anything with Trump, but my expectation is that we're talking weeks at most before he's an ex-president.

We will have to wait and see though. To quote Yoda: "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is."

• Registered Users Posts: 83,093 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is the kind of thing you worry about when you see people cheating on tests. He's flying completely by the seat of his pants because he doesn't have the temperament or the intellect to absorb intelligence briefings. "Uh I like whatever solution Israel and Palestine like?" "Uranium, it's bad stuff folks, in case you just got to earth yesterday."

They may not have to wait for an impeachment, he may just go down under 25A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,963 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He may just stress himself into illness.

Can't be well dishing this much lies out on a daily basis stress must be up the walls

swampgas wrote:
    He can't hack the job of president. No matter how smart you think he is, that's patently obvious.

Not a bit of it. His supporters don't see anything wrong with what's happening. For all the scandals, nothing has actually gotten as far as him. He keeps firing people to maintain the distance. Everyone gets to pick their favourite truth because he gives numerous version of stories (Flynn was fired, resigned, couldn't trust him, media hounded him out).

Ask an actual trump supporter if anything he has done is substandard and they'll pick some trivial point. He's normalised things like the muslim travel ban. I see what's doing as lowering expectations, softening everyone up.

What could actually be impeached for?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,093 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I love the doubletruths, like "this was the most watched inauguration. Period" and "there weren't as many people because of the weather." and the same with the 50 different versions of the 'truth' you get when you ask him about his ties to Putin.

His "NOT GOOD" "NOT GOOD" crap on the questions of Russia.

A full blown clown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Take your pick. The Democrats are out for blood exactly like how the Republicans went after Obama & Clinton. This is all so petty. The media is mostly composed of pro Democratic viewpoints all of whom constitute a threat to Pres Trump. We have yet to see an independent broker in all this chagrin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Charge of misconduct from economically benefiting from the position (illegal), bribes (Russia) to lying and there does not even need to be any hard proof. The house decides to open a case, Senate decides it's true and you're sorted. The point being the Democrats would play along so it would only require a relatively small part of the Republicans to go along to make it happen letting the party still play to the fringe.

However the more likely route as already hinted above is the claim of Mark Pence and half the cabinet that Trump is no longer capable to perform his duties. That is article 25 and if house & Senate vote to agree he's out. Can claim sanity, lack of experience or what ever as reason to do so and the Republicans get a sane classic style President they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Richard Quest and Brian Stetler on CNN are both bemused and amused, unhinged being used amongst other words. Having a decent conversation now about how the general press there need to reassess how they cover him, sounds like the untruthful peasants are revolting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Take your pick. The Democrats are out for blood exactly like how the Republicans went after Obama & Clinton. This is all so petty. The media is mostly composed of pro Democratic viewpoints all of whom constitute a threat to Pres Trump. We have yet to see an independent broker in all this chagrin.

I think you're intentionally ignoring everything that doesn't suit you in relation to Trump. It goes back to the line where he could go out for a mass shooting and people would still support him. Before we had that "crooked Hillary", corruption from Trump's camp seems to simply be glossed over by his followers or get retorts of 'fake news'...

The Democrats must be kicking themselves for not having Trump in their party. Would have been guaranteed an election victory.:)

• Advertisement

B_Wayne wrote: »
    I think you're intentionally ignoring everything that doesn't suit you in relation to Trump. It goes back to the line where he could go out for a mass shooting and people would still support him. Before we had that "crooked Hillary", corruption from Trump's camp seems to simply be glossed over by his followers or get retorts of 'fake news'...

Your picking out selective quotes. Much of what he was talking about Hillary could easily have spoken about but she plainly lied. She was all for a reset with Russia a long time ago. I can see it from her supporters point of view also. She was hassled and attacked by the GOP when the Democrats were in office so now they are throwing everything at Trump be it legal, illegal, gossip rumour and bad jokes to unseat and settle him. Precisely the sort of politics that the voters were moving against the partisanship of Washington and dividing the nation along Democrat Republican lines.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement