Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,254 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Guess I'll never learn about it. Everyone who already knows goes quiet when asked to elaborate. I at least took the time to explain the concept of perspective to the poor souls who didn't know about it.

This is what I've found too. Trump's supporters are happy to engage on the level of tit-for-tat mudslinging, and will happily respond with comparison to Obama or Clinton. Ask them for a simple answer to questions relating to anything of substance (what do you actually like about trump, what do you think he should/will do about X issue) and you get silence. They enjoy the fact that he winds people up more than anything you do with politics

I've gathered since before the inauguration, trump's supporters don't have a clue what they want from him. There support for him isn't based on his policies as such, it's much more about how he makes them feel. The rallies aren't about substance, there more like a motivational speaker or a Pasteur at a mega church. He's turned politics into a reality TV show and the most brash, loud, rude and offensive character always has a support base on reality TV. They often win shows like Stephen Bear wining UK celebrity big brother over the summer.

It's a strange phenomenon that, if you don't get it, then you won't get it. But if you do get it, it's much too visceral to articulate.

KingBrian2 wrote:
    The Jew Illuminati theory is complete nonsense and it gets propagated by the likes of Alex Jones. The extraordinary inequality in the world and in America so certain outlets conveniently pin it on the Jews.

Is Alex Jones pro or anti trump? Strikes me he should be anti
    Trump as an elite, but I never got he impression Jones was concerned we with consistency

Oh no, I never said he didn't tell falsehoods. That part is fair to attack.

What do you think of his falsehoods? Do they bring him down in your estimation? Do the blatant lies ever bother you at all?

He is trying to distract everyone including his voters from the real point for him: grab at least a billion dollars of taxpayers money and be a real billionaire at last.

It's not about money for trump. Money is just the means to power in the business world. The presidency is another means to power and it's got little to do with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,967 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What do you think of his falsehoods? Do they bring him down in your estimation? Do the blatant lies ever bother you at all?

As you stated before some people actually just enjoy the fact trump winds people up .As in the really revel the fact he winds normal centered people up on a daily basis . There used to be a name for these people who's float around the internet just winding people up to get jollies those that promote him are common to that theme.

And disappear when asked for basic clear rational explanation of points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

jaykay74 wrote: »
    "You look at whats happening last night in Sweden". Trump

The video clip from Trumps speech in in the aftonbladet link below.

I'm not really sure what happened last night in Sweden and everyone here is confused at what he is on about too. I guess his supporter base won't be doing any fact checking though so it doesn't really matter to them. Media tell lies, Trump tells the truth I guess.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Vn17J/in-english-this-happened-in-sweden-friday-night-mr-president

This one really annoys me.

The yanks love to go on about how bad Sweden is, and how places are total no go zones and Sharia Law has taken over when it's such absolute shíte.

I've have about 20 friends from Sweden, I've visited it a few times ranging from Stockholm, to Gothenburg to Pitea in the north and not one of them has ever said anything about Muslim riots and crap happening.

Sure, a few of them aren't happy about the amount of refugees, but literally not one of them has ever talked about this apparent warzone that is the new Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Trump as an elite, but I never got he impression Jones was concerned we with consistency

Pro Trump ... the two seem to be best buds in various youtube vidz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

He's extremely pro-Trump, even saying he'd die for Trump.

Alex Jones is an odd one, because occasionally he'll be absolutely correct about a conspiracy theory, but other times he's just totally bat-**** crazy and makes it up. He's very similar to Trump in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Sonics2k wrote: »

The yanks love to go on about how bad Sweden is, and how places are total no go zones and Sharia Law has taken over when it's such absolute shíte.

I've have about 20 friends from Sweden, I've visited it a few times ranging from Stockholm, to Gothenburg to Pitea in the north and not one of them has ever said anything about Muslim riots and crap happening.

Sure, a few of them aren't happy about the amount of refugees, but literally not one of them has ever talked about this apparent warzone that is the new Sweden.

I was in Malmo, it was amazing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm not really sure what happened last night in Sweden and everyone here is confused at what he is on about too. I guess his supporter base won't be doing any fact checking though so it doesn't really matter to them. Media tell lies, Trump tells the truth I guess.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Vn17J/in-english-this-happened-in-sweden-friday-night-mr-president
    But what they did not tell that happened on that Friday was:
    • 15 blond Swedish virgins were raped by burly hairy Arabs who pledged allegiance to ISIS
    • The Military lost 15 tanks in a convoy hijacking and the suspects were speaking Arabic
    • The Subway in Stockholm had a anthrax attack from three brown looking men shouting "Allahu Akbar"; death tolls still coming in the thousands
    • Al Quida opened their 10th Mosque with images of dead American soldiers being tramped into the ground on the walls
    Because as the Bowling Green Massacre has taught us they simply ignore stuff like that due to being left leaning.*

* This entire post may be sarcastic but I'm sure Trump would take it as true being an alternative truth fitting his world view after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

The strangest part is that his supporters will explain it all away. As if he meant something entirely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Aside from whatever he thinks happened in Sweden on Friday night we can all laugh about that. The rest of what is said in that clip is far more sinister because it won't really get much attention as we are too busy laughing at #lastnightinsweden hashtag on twitter.
    If you were to make the assumption he is talking about immigration from a certain area of the world causing problems. Given he name checks Nice, Paris etc this feels like a safe assumption. He says they have let in 1000's if people into the US with no documentation or vetting. Really? No vetting. Come on that is not true and why is he saying it??
    The below link refers to refugee vetting. But there is also vetting for visas and green cards.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/29/us/refugee-vetting-process.html?_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Christy42

mohawk wrote: »
    Aside from whatever he thinks happened in Sweden on Friday night we can all laugh about that. The rest of what is said in that clip is far more sinister because it won't really get much attention as we are too busy laughing at #lastnightinsweden hashtag on twitter.
    If you were to make the assumption he is talking about immigration from a certain area of the world causing problems. Given he name checks Nice, Paris etc this feels like a safe assumption. He says they have let in 1000's if people into the US with no documentation or vetting. Really? No vetting. Come on that is not true and why is he saying it??
    The below link refers to refugee vetting. But there is also vetting for visas and green cards.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/29/us/refugee-vetting-process.html?_r=0

Shockingly his supporters just don't ever care. They have their views and saying that some of what they believe is factually wrong simply angers them and makes them shout about why the liberal elite are forcing them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Sonics2k wrote: »

It often comes from people who think you need a gun to be safe. I don't think people who are afraid to leave the house without a weapon are in much of a place to throw stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Can some one explain why, The Lords Prayer was recited prior to DT speaking at a public rally last night?

I am not of any anti religious views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

He just makes up terror attacks now, and his gulable supporters lap it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

This is what I've found too. Trump's supporters are happy to engage on the level of tit-for-tat mudslinging, and will happily respond with comparison to Obama or Clinton. Ask them for a simple answer to questions relating to anything of substance (what do you actually like about trump, what do you think he should/will do about X issue) and you get silence. They enjoy the fact that he winds people up more than anything you do with politics

I've gathered since before the inauguration, trump's supporters don't have a clue what they want from him. There support for him isn't based on his policies as such, it's much more about how he makes them feel. The rallies aren't about substance, there more like a motivational speaker or a Pasteur at a mega church. He's turned politics into a reality TV show and the most brash, loud, rude and offensive character always has a support base on reality TV. They often win shows like Stephen Bear wining UK celebrity big brother over the summer.

It's a strange phenomenon that, if you don't get it, then you won't get it. But if you do get it, it's much too visceral to articulate.

Just treat it like a religion and it makes a lot more sense. The positives are the literal word of god (emperor) and the negatives are just ignored or brushed away. You need faith to understand what he means.

They are very quick to provide links to backing up what they say through leaks, pictures from a different angle, and edited videos but all of a sudden they have nothing on the "narrative"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Tucker Carlson did a piece on Sweden Friday night on Fox news hence 'what happened last night in Sweden'

The guy gets all his info from Fox news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

rossie1977 wrote:
    Tucker Carlson did a piece on Sweden Friday night on Fox news hence 'what happened last night in Sweden'

He should have said "Were you watching the telly last night?" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 DeepMess

Youve not heard of this before no ?

As long as it is done under the correct structure, as the other ongoing law enforcement operations are, no. The US Army calls it "Domestic Support to Civil Authorities". The Irish Army calls it "Aid to the Civil Power." Whatever you want to call it, it is the military carrying out operations to assist the designated civilian law enforcement authority in carrying out operations in circumstances that those authorities lack the capability to do so.

What, exactly, is the basis of your concern?

Is it that folks are being rounded up for deportation? That is exactly what the ICE folks do, and have been doing for decades. If there is a moral issue with ICE rounding up those illegally in the country and deporting them, then we may as well stop right here, as we are not going to come to an agreement.
    If we have agreed that it is not morally wrong to deport illegal immigrants, then it comes down simply to the question of the authority, capacity, and effectiveness of those doing the deporting. The military is not best suited for doing the job. It cannot (and should not) take the lead in these operations, it is well outside of its area of expertise. However, the resources of ICE, just like those of CBP or counter-drug law enforcement, are finite. The best solution is to increase the size of ICE.

So, let's say the Federal Government found the budget to train up 10,000 additional ICE officers, and they start rounding up illegal immigrants in higher volumes. Is that a moral problem?

Well, the practical realities are that the Feds don't have the capacity to do a mass recruiting like that. However, the practical realities are also that one doesn't need to have ICE training or authority to perform each and every function inherent in an operation. Investigation? Arrest? Sure. Prisoner transport? Guarding? You need to have an ICE badge for that? This is precisely how the National Guard have been, and are being, used on the border: They aren't driving around intercepting those who are crossing, only guys wearing CBP uniforms are doing that. However, the Guardsmen are manning observation stations, doing logistics runs, running communications centers, so that it frees up appointed law enforcement officers for the bit that they are needed to do.

Why should the idea of bolstering ICE with Guardsmen be any different? If the Guard performs the same auxiliary roles to ICE that they are doing for CBP (Or that non-Gardai are doing in Garda stations), and allow a greater distribution of ICE personnel, where's the moral problem?

So to summarize you support the idea of The National Guard being used to detain 'Illegals' and send them to detention camps.

Why can't you just say it rather than replying with such an evasive long winded post? The National Guard being deployed on US streets to round up anyone deemed to be illegal is a scary and new precedent. I wouldn't want to be Hispanic and walking around a southern state without my ID.

This is all scarily familiar. And then you get intelligent people like ManicMoran who are fully aware of the implications of these sort of actions who go out of their way to justify and defend it. That is even more scary to be honest.

When you start being ok with the National Guard being deployed on US streets to round up individuals and send them to detention camps its a very slippery slope.

Even the words are changing, they are not individuals anymore but 'illegals' it dehumanizes them and makes it easier for people to disassociate with what will happen. Moves like these are terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

DeepMess wrote: »
    detain 'Illegals' and send them to detention camps.
    Detention camps was your idea. Deporting them was Trump's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,967 ✭✭✭✭listermint

recedite wrote: »

Where do you think they stay before they can be 'exported'

Maybe I'll explain to you and manic who is a foreigner in that land living in the luxury of his original visa allowance.

Camps

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Correct. They are usually detained in jail. Much better than a camp wouldn't you say?

The Chief Asskicker of Bad Hombre's arrival at the rally was well staged. The last chorus of the Battle Hymn of the Republic played out as AF One rolled up on the tarmac in front of the crowd.
    Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
    His truth is marching on...
    Now that's showbiz.

The Chief Asskicker of Bad Hombre's arrival at the rally was well staged. The last chorus of the Battle Hymn of the Republic played out as AF One rolled up on the tarmac in front of the crowd.

Now that's showbiz.

It sure is. Statesmanlike and presidential it is not.

Correct. They are usually detained in jail. Much better than a camp wouldn't you say?
    Why detain them at all? That costs money. Move them to the border as quick as possible.
    Detention camps is only mentioned here to draw a "scary" but unwarranted parallel with a certain moustached Austrian of the last century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Now that's showbiz.

You should tell that to the poor, grieving Swedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Why detain them at all? That costs money. Move them to the border as quick as possible.

So dont detain them? Just tell them to leave and hope that they do?

Its not like it used to be over there.
    List of grenade attacks in Sweden
    They need somebody to help make Sweden great again.

• Advertisement

Detention camps is only mentioned here to draw a "scary" but unwarranted parallel with a certain moustached Austrian of the last century.

Well, until The Donald eliminates the justice system, they are usually entitled to their day in court.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement