Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

recedite wrote: »
    Its not like it used to be over there.
    List of grenade attacks in Sweden
    They need somebody to help make Sweden great again.

2/10, you're slipping as poorly as The Donald's approval lately.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You're awfully fond of citing grenade attacks in Sweden, but you have a tendency to skulk away with your tail between your legs when asked about the relevance to the topic under discussion.

So, I'll ask for a straight answer purely to watch you avoid giving one: what does a list of grenade attacks in Sweden have to do with Trump's remarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

The Sweden thing, I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue and he said something he shouldn't have regarding something he saw from an intelligence briefing or if he was thinking of the NYE Cologne incidents?

But it's interesting to see the SJW's on Twitter pretending that there's nothing to see here, just DJT being dumb, that there are no social problems in Sweden caused by Islamic immigration, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

InTheTrees wrote: »
    So dont detain them? Just tell them to leave and hope that they do?
    Whats wrong with buses? Why are you obsessed with the mechanics of it anyway?
    ManicMoran asked earlier if the moral problem was with the mechanics of it, or with the act itself of deporting illegal immigrants. Nobody answered.

Deporting them is only one quarter of the problem anyway. Another quarter is in making sure they stay deported, like this guy.

And the other half of the problem DJT faces now is stopping the narcotics smugglers from illegally crossing the border whenever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,967 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ManicMoran asked earlier if the moral problem was with the mechanics of it, or with the act itself of deporting illegal immigrants. Nobody answered.

Deporting them is only one quarter of the problem anyway. Another quarter is in making sure they stay deported, like this guy.

And the other half of the problem DJT faces now is stopping the narcotics smugglers from illegally crossing the border whenever they want.

Buses? Ever heard of due process.

Nah sure law's mean nothing in trump's America.

The likes of manic appear blind to their own trials and tribulations of getting citizenship it appears

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    So, I'll ask for a straight answer purely to watch you avoid giving one: what does a list of grenade attacks in Sweden have to do with Trump's remarks?
    Trump knows what is going on in Sweden. He knows about Brexit. He knows about Germany's open borders. Did you notice that Merkel is now offering €1200 for migrants to reverse out of Germany? You won't catch the Donald offering that kind of money to his illegal immigrants. He'll spend his tax dollars on making America great again.

Just because you like to imagine he's "a clown in crisis" doesn't mean he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

YAWNNNN
    Many attacks are related to organised crime, and extortion of restaurants and businesses

listermint wrote: »
    The likes of manic appear blind to their own trials and tribulations of getting citizenship it appears
    Don't know anything about him personally, but if he goes about it legally, stays out of trouble, and respects America and its values, he should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Sweden thing, I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue and he said something he shouldn't have regarding something he saw from an intelligence briefing or if he was thinking of the NYE Cologne incidents?

But it's interesting to see the SJW's on Twitter pretending that there's nothing to see here, just DJT being dumb, that there are no social problems in Sweden caused by Islamic immigration, etc.

Again the deflection. Nobody here said there was nothing of concern going on in Sweden but Trump said "last night". What happened last night in Sweden? So far we've had someone say it was a slip of the tongue and now the excuse is that it was perhaps the NYE incidents in Cologne, GERMANY. The mental gymnastics of the Trumpists to justify him is unreal.

Don't know anything about him personally, but if he goes about it legally, stays out of trouble, and respects America and its values, he should be fine.

Correct and no one else should be given that chance including green card holders yeah?

Delicious irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Christy42

He was thinking of attacks that occurred in Germany over a year ago when talking about last night in Sweden?

Shockingly that excuse for his words don't make him sound any smarter. And it is an excuse. His supporters repeatedly just assume the Donald means something other than what he said.

For his agenda he needs to drum up fear. It is how he will push his horrific policies through. His administration has a history of making up terrorist instances and this is another. I don't know if he is worse or the people who continually make excuses for the man's lies. Come on then if you want to defend this ridiculous man what happened in Sweden last night? If he wanted to refer to the NY attacks he can refer to them. If he wants to talk of social problems in Sweden he can start that conversation. He didn't do that, he referred to a recent incident in Sweden which in fact did not happen. He flat out lied.

You have to wonder how big of an issue immigration is if you have to make up a load of attacks and lie about another to justify your policies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Trump knows what is going on in Sweden.
    Then he'd be aware that the latest terrorist attack in Sweden was done by Right wing Nazis in January right? I mean Trump knows what goes on in Sweden after all...
    He knows about Germany's open borders. Did you notice that Merkel is now offering €1200 for migrants to reverse out of Germany? You won't catch the Donald offering that kind of money to his illegal immigrants. He'll spend his tax dollars on making America great again.
    Paying for people to leave has been a European policy for decades (usually called relocation bonus etc.) and unlike Merkel Trump wants to spend 15 billion on building the wall and then multiples of billions a year for it to be maintained and staffed while the majority of illegal immigrants will continue to fly in as previously. So I guess if the offer is Merkel spending let's be generous 100 million euros in once off payment in 2017 vs. Trump's multibillion a year maintenance budget I know which one I'd want as a republican; smaller government and all that stuff you know.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Trump knows what is going on in Sweden. He knows about Brexit. He knows about Germany's open borders.
    I'll grant you this much: given the opportunity to merely prove me right by refusing to give a straight answer, you went one better and parroted some meaningless rhetoric instead.

It's tragi-comic, watching people who are clearly much more intelligent than Trump prostrate themselves at his feet, all because he's given them permission to be open about their xenophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'll grant you this much: given the opportunity to merely prove me right by refusing to give a straight answer, you went one better and parroted some meaningless rhetoric instead.

It's tragi-comic, watching people who are clearly much more intelligent than Trump prostrate themselves at his feet, all because he's given them permission to be open about their xenophobia.

It's a testament to this country that we don't have a party that represents xenophobia, racism, populism and anti-EU rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I was just replying to your post saying they wouldnt need to be detained.

Thats hardly being "obsessed" is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's a testament to this country that we don't have a party that represents xenophobia, racism, populism and anti-EU rhetoric.

Well, actually.

Though they are about as relevant as The People's Front of Judea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I think Donald J Trump is doing a beautiful job you know, just magnificent, some really great stuff going on, you've got to see it to believe it and it's just a beautiful beautiful thing.

Well, actually.

Though they are about as relevant as The People's Front of Judea.

I didn't mention them as they are not relevant in the slightest, I am aware of their pointless existence and the amusing fact the hotel hosting their launch(?) cancelled on grounds of racism.

I was always for the Popular Peoples's Front of Judea incidentally you splitter ;)

Nody wrote: »
    So I guess if the offer is Merkel spending let's be generous 100 million euros in once off payment in 2017 vs. Trump's multibillion a year maintenance budget I know which one I'd want as a republican; smaller government and all that stuff you know.
    Once off? A €1200 per person prize is a lot of money in Afghanistan or Niger. There'll be no stopping them when word of this cash bounty gets passed all around Eurasia and Africa via smartphone.
    I can guarantee you one thing, The Donald is not stupid enough to hand cash to illegal immigrants.

Once off? A €1200 per person prize is a lot of money in Afghanistan or Niger. There'll be no stopping them when word of this cash bounty gets passed all around Eurasia and Africa via smartphone.
    I can guarantee you one thing, The Donald is not stupid enough to hand cash to illegal immigrants.

Yep. Considering it costs 5k or more to get here.

Quality reading like this makes my day.

• Advertisement

5k and potentially your life....

Question: why do people often label Trump fans as uneducated (on the matter they are most vocal about) and eager to fuel their bizarre need to hate other people?

No doubt some of them spent €5K and more, when they were chartering private boats across the med and taking taxis up through Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia towards Germany.
    A Reuters cameraman saw at least 100 migrants walk through cornfields into European Union member Croatia, most having arrived by bus from Serbia’s southern border with Macedonia to the western town of Sid on the Croatian border. Others pulled up in taxis. Some identified themselves as Iraqis.

The buses would normally run to Serbia’s border with EU member Hungary, but Hungary’s right-wing government on Tuesday launched a crackdown that effectively sealed the frontier to migrants with a metal fence and strict new rules that saw asylum seekers rejected within a matter of hours.
    It doesn't cost much though to take a 12 mile trip in a rubber dinghy from the coast of Libya out to the Libyan territorial limit where various NGOs and navies have ships waiting to pick them up and ferry them to Italy.

Anyway, back to Donald Trump......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Billy86 wrote: »
    Question: why do people often label Trump fans as uneducated (on the matter they are most vocal about) and eager to fuel their bizarre need to hate other people?
    In the 2016 election, a wide gap in presidential preferences emerged between those with and without a college degree. College graduates backed Clinton by a 9-point margin (52%-43%), while those without a college degree backed Trump 52%-44%. This is by far the widest gap in support among college graduates and non-college graduates in exit polls dating back to 1980. For example, in 2012, there was hardly any difference between the two groups: College graduates backed Obama over Romney by 50%-48%, and those without a college degree also supported Obama 51%-47%.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

No doubt some of them spent €5K and more, when they were chartering private boats across the med and taking taxis up through Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia towards Germany.
    It doesn't cost much though to take a 12 mile trip in a rubber dinghy from the coast of Libya out to the Libyan territorial limit where various NGOs and navies have ships waiting to pick them up and ferry them to Italy.

Anyway, back to Donald Trump......

Yes it does cost that much.

But it's easier for you to say bizarre things like people will pay it to come over and collect 1200 euro.

Embarrassing stuff.

Very embarrassing stuff

People will pay €5k for a 12 mile trip in a crowded rubber dinghy?
    I'm in the wrong business so.

Yes and it's gas you are making comments on it without actually knowing the facts.

I'd suggest looking at videos and reading up on it .

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    (pew survey on college educated voters)
    And while education doesn't equal intelligence, it does tend to equal having the slightest breeze what you are talking about. I wasn't referring specifically to college education (though critical thinking etc taught at them does lend a hand), but more specific issues - a wider one than just Trump here, but I always do find it fascinating how people who live in areas without much experience of multiculturalism or immigration tend to be far more scared of and as a result staunchly against multiculturalism and immigration - while people from areas that have had those for a long time are typically far more in favour of them.

EDIT: And just in the nick of time to prove my point on Trump fans insistence on being vocal in things they clearly know nothing about nor have ever done any research into...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Trump did himself no favours inviting that guy on stage, he looks & sounds demented

he salutes a cardboard cut-out of Trump every morning :cool:

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    And while education doesn't equal intelligence...

EDIT: And just in the nick of time to prove my point on Trump fans insistence on being vocal in things they clearly know nothing about nor have ever done any research into...
    Lets just leave it to people to use their own intelligence.
    Anyone that has any, will not find that claim to be in any way credible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement