Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The rallies of which the Democrats have fully been behind and are benefiting from have personalities that have spoken about the President being assassinated. The President receives a lot of death threats on a good day it comes with the job. This on the other hand goes far overboard. Congressional Democrats have lost the plot completely. By going after Trump and continuing with this notion that he is not their President they are throwing open the doors to extremism entering the party if extremists have not already been allowed into the party.

Your argument "Not supporting Trump means you want him killed", that's a terrible argument. There are very legitimate reasons to not support Trump. You just ignore them because you've spent your time worshiping him regardless of what he says or does. Imagine if you were as passionate about his obsession with demeaning any of his critics or anyone that disagrees with him. Be it the judiciary or the press. What Trump does is fine but criticising him for his actions is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Which personalities and which rallies?

Your being very inquisitive. Will this be on the morning bulletin tomorrow? During the inauguration death threats appeared online on the walls during the election and shouts from angry rioters.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Your argument "Not supporting Trump means you want him killed", that's a terrible argument. There are very legitimate reasons to not support Trump. You just ignore them because you've spent your time worshiping him regardless of what he says or does. Imagine if you were as passionate about his obsession with demeaning any of his critics or anyone that disagrees with him. Be it the judiciary or the press. What Trump does is fine but criticising him for his actions is terrible.

Your picking and choosing what i said to make an easy attack. I was talking about a specific point it is impossible for Trump to talk to people who cannot handle the result he'll continue to talk to his own crowd as the Democrats are too busy keeping the mob under control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Your being very inquisitive. Will this be on the morning bulletin tomorrow? During the inauguration death threats appeared online on the walls during the election and shouts from angry rioters.

Seemingly you can't provide any links for the narrative you are trying to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Your picking and choosing what i said to make an easy attack. I was talking about a specific point it is impossible for Trump to talk to people who cannot handle the result he'll continue to talk to his own crowd as the Democrats are too busy keeping the mob under control.

Where is he going to find time to solve the unrest on the hill in the republican party. Solely due to him going off range of late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Might be better not to mention taxes.

I'm pretty confident the IRS audits Trump on a regular basis and makes sure he pays his taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Erm, he can't handle the result. He's a month into his term and has repeatedly lied, claimed voter fraud was what led to the popular vote. When Trump lies, his supporters explain it away. His behaviour is not that of a president, it's that of a hurt narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There was a time when 'fake news' which has been around forever, was known as propaganda, or a diversion tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Amerika wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident the IRS audits Trump on a regular basis and makes sure he pays his taxes.

And hasn't made them public for twenty years because?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Looks like McMaster has been tapped to take Flynn's old spot.

Army personnel I've spoken to are in two minds on the choice. He is considered to be one of the Army's best minds, both in conventional and counter-insurgency warfare, but he's still in the Army. By taking him and plonking him in the NSA position, he's no longer as able to affect the course of the Army in the manner that he could by still being in his Army position.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine because he hasn't got alot of money and owes millions abroad.

Seemingly you can't provide any links for the narrative you are trying to set.

I'm answering that point that is raised and raised again and again that Trump is only talking to his core supporters. The Democrats have lost control of their own party. Liberals who preach hatred and violence are given a open platform and the voices of reason that once were there Bernie, Obama and Clinton are gone. This is down to the Democratic voters switching allegiance to the GOP and the new Liberals keep on about the result IMO.

Yeah but that doesn't really support your claim.

RobertKK wrote: »
    There was a time when 'fake news' which has been around forever, was known as propaganda, or a diversion tactic.

Still is.

listermint wrote: »
    I'd imagine because he hasn't got alot of money and owes millions abroad.

I'd imagine you're right.

I'm answering that point that is raised and raised again and again that Trump is only talking to his core supporters. The Democrats have lost control of their own party. Liberals who preach hatred and violence are given a open platform and the voices of reason that once were there Bernie, Obama and Clinton are gone. This is down to the Democratic voters switching allegiance to the GOP and the new Liberals keep on about the result IMO.

Theres not democrats switching votes.

And trump has completely lost the soft votes he had rerun it tomorrow and he'd lose.

But you can't go back only forward.he will be ousted this year mark it down.

What that liberals in the DNC have called on the President to be assassinated. You go google it.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    No. It isn't. It's the president and his ragtag administration who keep harping on and on about fake news, trying to discredit CNN and other media orgs so their core supports only listen to them.
    How soon we forget? The biggest fake news story from 2016 revolved around "I never received nor sent any material that was marked classified." The mainstream media went to great lengths defended Hillary Clinton over the allegation, and when to great lengths to make little of the scandal and not investigate her, as it could have derailed her campaign.

What that liberals in the DNC have called on the President to be assassinated. You go google it.

No. It's your claim. You back it up.

listermint wrote: »
    Theres not democrats switching votes.

And trump has completely lost the soft votes he had rerun it tomorrow and he'd lose.

But you can't go back only forward.he will be ousted this year mark it down.

He is president losing votes come part and parcel Obama lost a lot of appeal from many of his voters. Democrats have not got over the disastrous result they received and the GOP is hurting also he delivered a massive hammer blow against the est much like Obama did when he campaigned and got into office.

• Advertisement

Because it isn't a requirement?

He is president losing votes come part and parcel Obama lost a lot of appeal from many of his voters. Democrats have not got over the disastrous result they received and the GOP is hurting also he delivered a massive hammer blow against the est much like Obama did when he campaigned and got into office.

He has lost the entire soft votes in 2 weeks.

That's unprecedented.

Well no. Obama left office with a 60% approval rating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why don't you stick those search terms into Google yourself? Make sure you are logged into your Google account at the same time of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Do your own research. All over the twitter sphere and the protest movement had a number of prolific celebrities calling for him to be assassinated. The names don't come to mind

You are going to have to provide links. These are your claims.

Because it isn't a requirement?

Indeed not. Uniquely, Trump was the only candidate not to do so and the only president not to release any information about his tax affairs since FDR.

Why?

Well no. Obama left office with a 60% approval rating.

Obama’s average job approval rating over his term of office is actually only 47.9%.

But yeah, overall, personally, he as a nice guy. And that’s what I believe led to that final number... The sympathy vote?

You are going to have to provide links. These are your claims.

http://turtleboysports.com/protesters-openly-calling-for-gangsters-to-kill-donald-trump-wednesday-at-dcu-rally-in-worcester/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11/347278/

http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/comedian-jokes-about-donald-trump-assassination-and-other-outrage/

http://yournewswire.com/hollywood-strike-trump-resign/

You could really have me here all night.

I would like to submit a formal protest being asked to provide links about what is universally known to be the case out there.:mad:

Obama’s average job approval rating over his term of office is actually only 47.9%.

But yeah, overall, personally, he as a nice guy. And that’s what I believe led to that final number... The sympathy vote?
    Trump's initial rating is 50%. In Feb 2009 Obama's was 67%.

Obama's exit popularity was probably a please stay plea once people saw who Trump really is.

• Advertisement

Indeed not. Uniquely, Trump was the only candidate not to do so and the only president not to release any information about his tax affairs since FDR.

Why?

Trump was the most non-traditional candidate we've ever seen. He said it didn't matter. And he was correct. Personally, I think he believed it was best to not release them because the mainstream media was incapable of reporting accurately and objectively since he won the GOP primary, and they would do anything and everything they could to take him down. And I believe he was correct here, also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement