Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Amerika wrote: »
    Trump was the most non-traditional candidate we've ever seen. He said it didn't matter. And he was correct. Personally, I think he believed it was best to not release them because the mainstream media was incapable of reporting accurately and objectively since he won the GOP primary, and they would do anything and everything they could to take him down. And I believe he was correct here, also.

Nothing to stop him now - except what is in them.

He admits to not paying any taxes - you can only do that if you earn nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Trump's initial rating is 50%. In Feb 2009 Obama's was 67%.

Obama's exit popularity was probably a please stay plea once people saw who Trump really is.

So? This was the ugliest campaign in modern history. If Hillary would have won I doubt her rating would have been much different than Trump's.

Trump was the most non-traditional candidate we've ever seen. He said it didn't matter. And he was correct. Personally, I think he believed it was best to not release them because the mainstream media was incapable of reporting accurately and objectively since he won the GOP primary, and they would do anything and everything they could to take him down. And I believe he was correct here, also.

He won'the publish 20 years of tax returns because NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, Time, Newsweek, The Washington Post, The NYT and CNN will lie about them. OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm pretty confident the IRS audits Trump on a regular basis and makes sure he pays his taxes.

There's debate on if he actually needs to pay taxes due to him using the bankruptcy laws.

• Advertisement

So? This was the ugliest campaign in modern history. If Hillary would have won I doubt her rating would have been much different than Trump's.

Maybe, maybe not. Certainly, more people voted for her but that's all we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How soon we forget? The biggest fake news story from 2016 revolved around "I never received nor sent any material that was marked classified." The mainstream media went to great lengths defended Hillary Clinton over the allegation, and when to great lengths to make little of the scandal and not investigate her, as it could have derailed her campaign.

I think you're mistaken here. What Hillary said was accurately reported as far as I can tell. They reported what she said, which happened to be lies. That's not fake news.

Are you telling me that Hillary didn't lie about her emails and that the media made up those lies? Because the person making those statements looked and sounded a lot like Hillary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ah, fair enough. So what you're saying is that groups holding rallies which have had public support from Democratic politicians included some people calling for his assassination?

I know that there are some fairly unsavoury characters at some of these leftist rallies - that Sarsour gob****e who advocates for Sharia, for example as well as a lot of BLM and also that murderer hooker feminist wan. These people go in my cúnt pile but I haven't heard of anyone of note publicly calling for his assassination.

I get the impression that you are really stretching here. You're basically saying that by opposing trump, someone might be inspired to take the law into their own hands and that this opposition could be directly responsible for his assassination?

What i'm saying is they don't respect the result, therefore they are the fascists they claim to be fighting particularly the violent ones. They are completely clueless assholes. They obviously never heard of Congress.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If Hillary would have won I doubt her rating would have been much different than Trump's.

At least there's a fair-to-middling chance she'd have been able to put together a halfway competent administration.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Liberals who preach hatred and violence are given a open platform

You've been asked already, when this did happen, and who was given the platform to do so by the democratic party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What i'm saying is they don't respect the result, therefore they are the fascists they claim to be fighting particularly the violent ones. They are completely clueless assholes They obviously never heard of Congress.

Appears Donald hasnt either.

The EO king

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What i'm saying is they don't respect the result, therefore they are the fascists
    Not respecting the results; now who else was quoted on that again; oh wait...
    At a rally in Delaware, Ohio, the Republican candidate said first: “I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election,” before pausing for effect and then adding to cheers and applause: “If I win.”

I think you're mistaken here. What Hillary said was accurately reported as far as I can tell. She l

Are you telling me that Hillary didn't lie about her emails and that the media made up those lies? Because the person making those statements looked and sounded a lot like Hillary.

According to FBI director Comey's testimony, she did lie about it.

What i'm saying is they don't respect the result, therefore they are the fascists they claim to be fighting particularly the violent ones. They are completely clueless assholes. They obviously never heard of Congress.

You appear to be talking about random people, and not members of the congressional democratic party. You're also conveniently forgetting all those that protested with lynching signs with hang in there Obama after he was elected. But people were intelligent enough not to put it down to enablement by the GOP.

According to FBI director Comey's testimony, she did lie about it.

Quite the opposite according to this report of his testimony: http://www.politico.com/blogs/james-comey-testimony/2016/07/james-comey-clinton-not-lie-fbi-225212

The point was raised that he is only talking to his base. The Democrats on the other hand have been talking about him not being their president and he must be taken out. The Democrats have not condemned any of these statements. They have been allowed percolate into the atmosphere. The cries of Anti Trump sentiment is really very disturbing. It also prevents politicians in Washington from doing what their put there for. I'd say the Democrats are scared of their voters at this stage.

Big claim...
    What that liberals in the DNC have called on the President to be assassinated. You go google it.

Watering down the claim...

And there we have it.

It's almost like you're saying things that aren't true to promote a partisan agenda.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You appear to be talking about random people, and not members of the congressional democratic party. You're also conveniently forgetting all those that protested with lynching signs with hang in there Obama after he was elected. But people were intelligent enough not to put it down to enablement by the GOP.

Were not talking about the protests against Obama we are talking about the current anti Trump sentiment that has been allowed to grow. These celebrities are leading the charge and they despise Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Were not talking about the protests against Obama we are talking about the current anti Trump sentiment that has been allowed to grow. These celebrities are leading the charge and they despise Trump.

Stop steering the conversation when you are caught out with facts.

You brought Obama into it the poster retorted.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    At least there's a fair-to-middling chance she'd have been able to put together a halfway competent administration.
    Trump has a fine administration. If only the Democrats wouldn't be stalling confirmations, maybe some of the necessary things can get done. One thing I sure of is Republicans wouldn't have pulled this nonsense on Hillary's picks. Trump's two biggest failures, IMO, are putting a Democratic into position in Flynn, and not purging right away the highest levels of the Obama administration who remain acting official roles until Trump can get his administration confirmed. I hope those officials who are guilty of acts of sedition by leaking classified information to the press all get 10 years behind bars.

Why don't we just look at the actual testimony, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z8pnk2rvYo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 technics_1210

personally i hope ww3 starts and we can obliterate this sh1t planet for once and for all

blow it back to the space-dust it came from

Big claim...

Watering down the claim...

And there we have it.

It's almost like you're saying things that aren't true to promote a partisan agenda.

Not really i have no dog in this fight. I see clearly the liberals have become incensed that Trump is elected. Are you seriously suggesting these protesters are not aligned to the Democratic party. Had Hillary won they would all be embraced by the Democrats but with all the violence shown we have not seen Democrats distance themselves from the protests in fact they have grown friendlier. If you chose as a party to be one with the street protesters that is fine. When those protesters start clambering to remove the president by force the party has been consumed by the mob.

Leftist antifa are a a shower of cnuts who I would gladly have sent to antarctica with nothing but a hot water bottle. They're a bunch of middle class fúckwits that the world could do without.

However, this does not mean that everyone who opposes trump supports these people or is anything like them.

Out of curiosity, how did you feel about republicans not respecting the result 8 and 4 years ago? I mean, if it's wrong now it was wrong then.

My personal view is that the result should be respected (and I'm not hearing many people here advocating a do-over) but that doesn't mean that opposition should stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,119 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Third vacation in a month to what has now been dubbed by our POTUS as The Southern White House, where he disrupts local businesses and pockets rent and per diem money from Secret Service personnel, as well as Generals and Aides and cabinet members that stay at his Mar a Lago resort. The Outsider President is certainly way outside, of where he should be most weekends in his presidency. Laughing at his voters and taking their tax dollars all the way to the bank.

Leftist antifa are a a shower of cnuts who I would gladly have sent to antarctica with nothing but a hot water bottle. They're a bunch of middle class fúckwits that the world could do without.

However, this does not mean that everyone who opposes trump supports these people or is anything like them.

Out of curiosity, how did you feel about republicans not respecting the result 8 and 4 years ago? I mean, if it's wrong now it was wrong then.

My personal view is that the result should be respected (and I'm not hearing many people here advocating a do-over) but that doesn't mean that opposition should stop.

My view has not changed since all those years ago. The Tea Party the current liberals are two sides of the same coin. Neither side respect the outcome of the election and nothing gets done. Pres Obama was a lame duck after he was re-elected thanks in part to the Tea Party so in that sense it was a complete and utter success. The protest movement will chuck a hammer into the works to get what they want. I expect any President not to pander to them if that is the case we see more protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Trump has a fine administration. If only the Democrats wouldn't be stalling confirmations, maybe some of the necessary things can get done. One thing I sure of is Republicans wouldn't have pulled this nonsense on Hillary's picks.
    To be frank, that is rubbish.
    Trump's two biggest failures, IMO, are putting a Democratic into position in Flynn, and not purging right away the highest levels of the Obama administration who remain acting official roles until Trump can get his administration confirmed. I hope those officials who are guilty of acts of sedition by leaking classified information to the press all get 10 years behind bars.
    Sedition? You make it sound like they've called for a violent uprising rather than hurting the ego of the President.

Sedition? You make it sound like they've called for a violent uprising rather than hurting the ego of the President.

How serious SIGINT is considered in the intelligence realm: You can be prosecuted under federal law for disclosing classified information, which includes leaking the contents of intercepted communications, as defined this way by 18 § 798 of the U.S. Code:

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates … or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes … any classified information … obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government … shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.​

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

How serious SIGINT is considered in the intelligence realm: You can be prosecuted under federal law for disclosing classified information, which includes leaking the contents of intercepted communications, as defined this way by 18 § 798 of the U.S. Code:

Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates … or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes … any classified information … obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government … shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.​

Do you think Deepthroat should have been charged with sedition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Until the phrase "showing up the president as an idiot" is added to that statute, then I think the staffers can rest easy.

• Advertisement

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Do you think Deepthroat should have been charged with sedition?

Did the Watergate information leaked to the press come from contents of intercepted communications by SIGINT, for which there is a straightforward penalties and/or jail time on the books for doing do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement