Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Amerika, why do you call them hateful? These are simply people with a different idealogical viewpoint that yours. Hardly a reason to deem them all hateful.

Did you not get the memo? The world is now binary. There are libtards and there are fascists. You must love one and hate the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Amerika, why do you call them hateful? These are simply people with a different idealogical viewpoint that yours. Hardly a reason to deem them all hateful.

Because actions speak louder than words. And because people are sick of being shouted down, spat upon, kicked, slapped, punched, and having property looted and destroyed by Leftist activist bullies. The days of passivity and turning the other cheek by those on the right is coming to an end. And the average person has started to show their anger towards the Left in the voting booths, and the trend will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

Amerika wrote: »
    Because actions speak louder than words. And because people are sick of being shouted down, spat upon, kicked, slapped, punched, and having property looted and destroyed by Leftist activist bullies. The days of passivity and turning the other cheek by those on the right is coming to an end. And the average person has started to show their anger towards the Left in the voting booths, and the trend will continue.

I am part of the left. Does this make me hateful?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can you give details of when you were shouted down spat at locked slapped punched and looted by anyone else

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Yes, it’s possible. But more possible, IMO, is that voters will realize that the hateful leftist activist’s goal is merely to shut down the GOP’s attempts to help their constituents, which will in turn only increase Republican numbers across the spectrum.

Just because you hate them, doesnt make them hateful.

Please, own your own hate.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    I am part of the left. Does this make me hateful?
    "Trump is obviously a Moran and lying with every word."

You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

You decide.

I have. The above statement is largely true. And only because 'moron' is subjective. But the 'liar' bit is evidently objective and true.

listermint wrote: »
    Can you give details of when you were shouted down spat at locked slapped punched and looted by anyone else

Please
    I stay away from situations where it can happen. But it's been in the news quite a bit as of late.

Just one of many examples...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2L1zcRwPSg&sns=em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You decide.

To be fair. Trump is a lunatic. It's very hard to deny that.

To be fair. Trump is a lunatic. It's very hard to deny that.

I rest my case!

• Advertisement

I rest my case!

What case?.

He is a lunatic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

listermint wrote: »

Please

There also ignoring all the far right attacks that have taken place as well.

There have been various far right attacks on minorities. A terror attack on refugees in Sweden (which Donald ignored), an far right Trump supporter attack on a mosque in Canada (falsely blamed on Muslims by Comical Spicer, and no correction or apology offered), threats against Jewish groups, and the desceration of Jewish graves by more far right nutters (took days for Donald to condemn this), and he even recieved a rebuke from the Anne Frank center.

For some reason we are suppose to be afraid of the left, while ignoring the facists murdering and threatening people. Its an astonishing level of denial, but that is pretty much the case with hardcore Trumpists, they have taken leave of reality, and made denial of it and anti-intellectualism a badge of honour.

The most dangerous aspect of there denial of reality is in regards to climate change, which represents a potential extinction level threat to our species, that they are actively helping bring about.

I know who I am afraid of, and its not some lad who (wrongly I might add) decides to punch a Nazi. Its the guys who are carrying out terror attacks, being ignored by Trump and his ilk, and who not only denying a potential extinction level threat to our species are actively helping it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

What case?.

He is a lunatic

Thats offensive to lunatics ;), there mentally ill. Trump knows full well what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

You decide.

Every word was on the harsh side but certainly more than any other politician. Statements of fact are not hate. I mean the man is a serial liar (birther, electoral victory, crowd sizes, crime rates, unemployment rates, gdp growth, claiming he had proof of Russian innocence) and is an idiot. He used a speech to talk about a badly sourced documentary he watched the night before, used lines in speeches to make himself sound great that he has not fact checked and spite conspiracy theories (birther, China lying about global warming, anti vaxers tweets, his administration was shocked at having to replace white house staff).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I stay away from situations where it can happen. But it's been in the news quite a bit as of late.

Just one of many examples...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2L1zcRwPSg&sns=em

So let me get this long time tea party protagonist , incredibly ardent anti Obama since he literally went into office.

And you are giving out about people protesting trump.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And this notion of widespread anarchy is hyperbole at best.

wes wrote: »
    Thats offensive to lunatics ;), there mentally ill. Trump knows full well what he is doing.

Let's just say I prefer not to take your shovel away from you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Hold on. You know for a fact that in all the cases that you are referring to that it was leftist activists that carried them out.

And not only that, but at no time has anybody who would count themselves on the right of the spectrum be involved in anything like that.

That is quite a claim. Where on the spectrum do you think the KKK, neo Nazis exist? Where do you think BNP and UKIP stand?

It is a very strange stanch to take. Are you really of the mindset that now is the time to be violent against your fellow man? That anybody that disagrees with your political views is worthy of abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭esteve

I think there is some confusion here between what is left and right. Obama and his administration relative to Europe would hardly have been considered politically left. At a far stretch he would have been considered centre left, and this is stretching a lot and actually entirely inaccurate. The ramped up neo liberal policies of the past 3 decades - transferring control of economic factors to the private sector from public and a laissez-faire approach to economic development - laid the base for Trump to be elected. These policies are hardly leftist. In fact it was right leaning politicians who welcomed them with open arms, with Reagan and Thatcher really embracing them and this continued with Bush, Clinton etc. Based on the first few weeks of DT presidency it seems he will continue with the majority of these policies.

The reality is that the the political centre has moved  drastically to the right since the 60s, and this was no accident. Nowadays If I were to express some traditionally leftist policies  people would look at me as if I had stumbled from some time capsule from Leningrad.

Nowadays the conflict occurring, for the majority, is between the far right and the centre right. The left lost this conflict decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You are curious about details of grenade attacks but you don't look into details for your defense of Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/20/swedish-police-comments-taken-out-of-context-in-film-cited-by-trump

But sure, that's just what he was told, we can't expect the president of the united states to check the information given to him when he struggles to complete a sentence.

So are we back in Simpsons territory here with that Guardian story?

https://youtu.be/SqDP8SnPVA0

Hold on. You know for a fact that in all the cases that you are referring to that it was leftist activists that carried them out.

And not only that, but at no time has anybody who would count themselves on the right of the spectrum be involved in anything like that.

That is quite a claim. Where on the spectrum do you think the KKK, neo Nazis exist? Where do you think BNP and UKIP stand?

It is a very strange stanch to take. Are you really of the mindset that now is the time to be violent against your fellow man? That anybody that disagrees with your political views is worthy of abuse?

The KKK and neo Nazis are condemned by the political Right. And there is quite a difference between American and European Right and Left.

I can show you many images and videos of Leftist activists hatred and violence as of late. Please show the same from the Right here in the US.

Are you under the opinion that one should not do unto others as they do unto you? That the destruction of property, the physical violence, and the hatred should only be allowed by the Left. But I don't advocate for violence from anyone, but I believe in protecting yourself against attack. I would prefer actions against the hateful Left be accomplished in the polls.

I found a website that is getting a bit of attention here from those suffering from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). ;)
    http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/

• Advertisement

It's funny. The trump supporters on here very rarely talk about the american working class. The rust belt being left behind. How industries are now being automated . Infrastructure up crap alley.

Trump got in through disenfranchisement.

Sadly though ' Drain the swamp' has become 'We are going to need a bigger a swamp!'

I think anybody that deals in violence or criminality should be dealt with by the law, political affiliation doesn't come into it.

You seem to be of the view that people are either one or the other. As W Bush said, you are either with us or against us. but for example, I am not too enamoured with Trump but I do agree with his immigration policy. So what does that make me?

I think part of the problem, in fact the root of the problem IMO, is that people sign up to one party or another, a bit like soccer teams, and no other party will ever do. You are either GOP or DNC. And it really doesn't matter what they do, you will support them as otherwise your 'side' might lose.

Do some people on the 'left' act like thugs? Yes of course they do? Do some Muslims blow themselves up? Yes. Do some 'right' leaning GOP members carry out terrible crimes including rape and shootings, yes I assume so.

Should all 'right' therefore be put in beaten up? I doubt you are claiming that.

You need to get away from this left is bad, right is good non sense that you have been fed. It makes no sense and only enables those that want power to utilise your slavish devotion to them to achieve their aims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

You mean like these activists threatening to kill people? Is that how they show their anger, by killing people?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article133592524.html

You mean like these activists threatening to kill people? Is that how they show their anger, by killing people?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article133592524.html

That's your proof of mass hatred and violence from the Right? One person shouting out something in a peaceful meeting where everyone is sitting down and the average age appears to be about 60? But you might be on to something. I think I might see a cane next to the old guy in the center of the picture. Weapons of Mass Destruction?

I might have missed it but did physical violence break out after the tea break?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

esteve wrote: »
    I think there is some confusion here between what is left and right. Obama and his administration relative to Europe would hardly have been considered politically left. At a far stretch he would have been considered centre left, and this is stretching a lot and actually entirely inaccurate. The ramped up neo liberal policies of the past 3 decades - transferring control of economic factors to the private sector from public and a laissez-faire approach to economic development - laid the base for Trump to be elected. These policies are hardly leftist. In fact it was right leaning politicians who welcomed them with open arms, with Reagan and Thatcher really embracing them and this continued with Bush, Clinton etc. Based on the first few weeks of DT presidency it seems he will continue with the majority of these policies.

The reality is that the the political centre has moved  drastically to the right since the 60s, and this was no accident. Nowadays If I were to express some traditionally leftist policies  people would look at me as if I had stumbled from some time capsule from Leningrad.

Nowadays the conflict occurring, for the majority, is between the far right and the centre right. The left lost this conflict decades ago.

That is a concise and very accurate description of where the US is in general and it is quite clear with total power at the federal level and domination of the vast majority of the states the Republican Party will continue to try and push through its Freidmanite disaster capitalism agenda with more privatizations and hollowing out of government, cutting away as much of the social safety net as possible if not wiping it out all altogether and of course get rid of regulations that protect people, workers and the environment. The results will be as they have been so far especially since Regan increasing wealth and income inequality and increased levels of repression of opposition. The authoritarian anti first amendment inclinations of the Republican Party have been in clear evidence since they took over complete control of the US government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Trump is right. Many of the so-called angry crowds, in numerous cases, are planned out by liberal activists, with the the primary intent of disrupting the town hall meetings... As is their right to do so. As long as the speaker is allowed to speak and is treated fairly and with respect, I see nothing wrong with it. But if the crowds continue to be abusive then they only have themselves to blame when politicians stop having open town hall meetings and only speak to organizations with invitation only audiences... as is their right to do so, also.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/democrats-town-halls-chaffetz/

Chaffetz is the head of the oversight committee and it his his job to make the White House accountable. There were dozens of inquiries into Clinton on Benghazi including 64 subpoenas after all the inquiries were finished. He talked tough pre election about anyone who is president having to declare taxes. Not so tough now.
    At the time of that meeting with the townhall he had deemed that NO inquiries into Trump/Russia were necessary despite the presence of several FBI investigations into same.
    His constituents went bananas at that meeting after he claimed there was NO reason to investigate Trump. People are worried and ordinary informed Americans have given up being gentle when in all liklihood a Russian agent is now POTUS. Rightly so.

You are curious about details of grenade attacks but you don't look into details for your defense of Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/20/swedish-police-comments-taken-out-of-context-in-film-cited-by-trump

But sure, that's just what he was told, we can't expect the president of the united states to check the information given to him when he struggles to complete a sentence.

Talk about bad timing in reaction to Trump’s comments about Sweden.

Monday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDNaAYfacs

Tuesday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QMe0Wou5HI

Hmmm.... Riots erupt in Sweden’s capital just days after Trump comments. Can you spell V-I-N-D-I-C-A-T-I-O-N?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I notice none of the incidents are dated Friday 17th of February 2017. Y'know, the date Trump said there was a massive incident in Sweden.

Do you have any knowledge of why these riots happened? You, and Trump, seem to think that the cause is becasue these people are immigrants.

But how then can other riots ever happen if the cause is immigrants, and how come only a tiny percentage of immigrants ever riot?

Could it possibly have to do with cramming loads of people into one place, with nothing to do all day and probably little in the way of services.

How come some inner cities are almost no go areas in the US. Can't be solely down to immigrants?

And you do realise that immigrants don't start off as immigrants, they are just people in their own country. Then people, like the US Military, come into their country and destroy it and then claim that these people are savages for lighting a few cars on fire.

I assume that any US citizen that partakes in any violence should be removed from the country?

• Advertisement

I wonder if CNN (dubbed the Clinton News Network during the Trump/Clinton campaign) is about to be exposed for the anti-Trump biased media source they have become? Will O’Keefe show that the organization is not interested in the truth or facts, or that their primary goal is to damage Trump? Hopefully the truth will come out as it’s time to drain the media swamp. This could get interesting.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-21/james-okeefe-about-smoke-cnn-tells-hannity-hes-set-release-hundreds-hours-newsroom-f

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement