Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

The poster who said that it's time to pick sides is spot on. The loons have won. The scary people are now in power and they are doing exactly what they said they would do. Trump is a clown and Bannon is a horrible human being but they are emboldened by power. They are attacking the freedom of the press and trying to control the judiciary and the intelligence services. They are getting away with unacceptable actions and very dangerous rhetoric. Trump's stupidity isn't just a joke anymore and his useful idiots on the internet are just a distraction. This isn't funny anymore. Best case scenario is that his malice perishes on the rock of American society and democracy. If it doesn't, it will be a blueprint for the ultra-right all over the world.

Attacking the freedom of the press? Literally every day there is a news item attacking President Trump, or supporters of him. Look at the vilification Rory McIlroy got just for playing golf with him.

I've said it before, the only people who should be worried about President Trump are terrorists, criminals, degenerates and their lackeys. Hail to the chief. Hail victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Harika

Attacking the freedom of the press? Literally every day there is a news item attacking President Trump, or supporters of him. Look at the vilification Rory McIlroy got just for playing golf with him.

I've said it before, the only people who should be worried about President Trump are terrorists, criminals, degenerates and their lackeys. Hail to the chief. Hail victory.

You mean uninviting press from official briefings is not an attack on the media? Especially as only press that is fake according to Trump, or spoke out against him, according to the rest of the world, is uninvited?
    And Rory gets some grief, what is not fair to him, but this stems from Trump complaining about Obama playing golf, while he himself is playing far more than him. The hypocrisy is what is in focus here, not that someone plays golf with someone.
    And who are degenerates?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

The press that were banned are not free or impartial. They have used their journalism powers to attack the president from attack after attack after attack. Why should they be invited to the white house when they have shown no interest in being fair. Trump has rightly called them out for their total one sided attacking reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The press that were banned are not free or impartial. They have used their journalism powers to attack the president from attack after attack after attack. Why should they be invited to the white house when they have shown no interest in being fair. Trump has rightly called them out for their total one sided attacking reporting.

Show one example to backup your claim that a free press should be banned? There's some sort of alternative reality going on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why should they not....if he can't handle a little critism/being called on alternative facts :rolleyes:.... (known by everyone else as lies)....perhaps he shouldn't have run for president?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

This chap will get a bullet, this press situation is disturbing to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Why should they not....if he can't handle a little critism/being called on alternative facts :rolleyes:.... (known by everyone else as lies)....perhaps he shouldn't have run for president?

A little criticism?? Have you looked at their articles, insults, negative reporting, making up BS quoting anonymous sources non stop 24/7. He was elected president democratically and he doesn't have to put up with the attack reporting from those controlled mainstream media outlets. It's time they accept he is president and report fairly and impartially otherwise don't expect an invite to the white house.

A little criticism?? Have you looked at their articles, insults, negative reporting, making up BS quoting anonymous sources non stop 24/7. He was elected president democratically and he doesn't have to put up with the attack reporting from those controlled mainstream media outlets. It's time they accept he is president and report fairly and impartially otherwise don't expect an invite to the white house.

Just like the European political system, America to is highly undemocratic, blocking media from entering press conferences is a sign of a highly dysfunctional, highly undemocratic political system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Did he not just the other day magic up a terrorist attack in Sweden? ?

If being challenged on this lies counts as critian and negative reporting....perhaps it's psychological help he needs

Looks to me like he trying to shut down free speech and freedom of press.....you do know there is nothing obliging the press to report positively on him???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Just like the European political system, America to is highly undemocratic, blocking media from entering press conferences is a sign of a highly dysfunctional, highly undemocratic political system.

Or as Sean Spicer himself said last year blocking press would be "a dictatorship"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

The last Trump press interview I saw a CNN reporter was demanding what was called classified information .

He does it himself

Ctm-sQeXgAATLqK.jpg

He wouldn't have been president without the BS ... people fell for it unfortunately

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The last Trump press interview I saw a CNN reporter was demanding what was called classified information .

Who was the reporter ?

This is how Trump does it
    And, of course, there is Trump's oft-used "people are saying" strategy for spreading innuendo and misinformation. As in:

"Many people are saying that the Iranians killed the scientist who helped the U.S. because of Hillary Clinton's hacked emails."

"There's something going on that we don’t know about. And you almost think — I'm not saying that, and I'm not a conspiracy person. ... Half the people in this room are saying it."

"I'd hate to see something like that get in his way, but a lot of people are talking about it, and I know that even some states are looking at it very strongly — the fact that he was born in Canada and he has had a double passport."

"I don't bring it up because I don't know enough to really discuss it. I will say there are people who continue to bring it up because they think it was absolutely a murder."

Who are these "people" who are always "saying"? Like a good journalist, Trump never reveals his confidential sources.

Or maybe he just makes them up? After all, that's what he says reporters do

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

People in the so called West have more or less decent life only because freedom of press and independent judiciary. Trump has been attacking both institutions from the first day in office. He is an enemy and russian spy. I don't have any other explanation of his behaviour.

I don't have any other explanation of his behaviour.

i do, but strangely cant post it here:confused:

This is how the exchange went
    ACOSTA: If I may ask, sir, you said earlier that WikiLeaks was revealing information about the Hillary Clinton campaign during the election cycle. You welcomed that at one campaign rally. You said you loved WikiLeaks. At another campaign press conference, you called on the Russians to find the missing 30,000 e-mails.
    I'm wondering, sir, if you --
    TRUMP: She's actually missing 33,000 and then it got extended with a whole --
    ACOSTA: Maybe my numbers are off a little bit too.
    TRUMP: No, no, but I did say 30, but it was actually higher than that.
    ACOSTA: If I may ask you, sir, it sounds as though you do not have much credibility here when it comes to leaking if that is something that you encouraged during the campaign.
    TRUMP: (INAUDIBLE). Ready?
    ACOSTA: If I may ask you that --
    TRUMP: No, no, but let me do one at a time. Do you mind?
    ACOSTA: If I may ask a follow-up. Yes, sir.
    TRUMP: So in one case, you're talking about highly classified information. In the other case, you're talking about John Podesta saying bad things about the boss. I will say this. If John Podesta said this about me, and he was working for me, I would have fired him so fast your head would have spun. He said terrible things about her. But it wasn't classified information. But in one case you're talking about classified.

What is so Highly classified here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

But Brietbart is totally free and impartial, am I right?

Let's face it. Trump arranged for only the news companies that support him to enter.

The President of United States is now controlling the media he wants reporting on him and even one of his advisors is the former chief of Brietbart.

Take a wild guess at what that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

When quoting someone word for word and in context is an 'attack' then its not the journalist who is at fault.

The media is reporting on what the president says and does. The problem isn't the reporting, it's the awful sh1t that he says and does.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What is also serious, esp listening to him 2 days ago, is Bannon. It is now equivalent to having someone like Senator McCarthy inside the WH.
    Really dangerous delusional guy.
    We have a WH at war, with Americans.

• Advertisement

People in the so called West have more or less decent life only because freedom of press and independent judiciary. Trump has been attacking both institutions from the first day in office. He is an enemy and russian spy. I don't have any other explanation of his behaviour.

Neither do the Russians .. Although it is normal to get a dossier before a meeting

http://rbth.com/international/2017/02/22/why-does-putin-need-a-psychological-dossier-on-trump_707598

More concerning is the opinion of reputable psychologists
    Meanwhile, some experts in the West attribute a narcissistic personality disorder to the U.S. president. Howard Gardner, a psychologist at Harvard, said Trump is "remarkably narcissistic." George Simon, a clinical psychologist who conducts seminars on manipulative behavior, said Trump is "so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example" of narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe this will work. Witches are going to try and cast a spell on DT, to prevent him doing anything bad.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/donald-trump-should-probably-watch-out-because-a-whole-bunch-of-witches-are-casting-a-spell-on-him-778773.html

weisses wrote: »
    This is how the exchange went

What is so Highly classified here ?

The information contained in the Clinton mails ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Harika wrote: »
    And who are degenerates?

It's 4chan-speak for LGBT people, women who don't want to be broodmares chained to the kitchen sink and people who think Brock Turner should have a criminal record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

weisses wrote: »
    He does it himself

Ctm-sQeXgAATLqK.jpg

He wouldn't have been president without the BS ... people fell for it unfortunately

So easy to take that holier than thou approach, But believe it has very little to do with what you refer to as BS, from feedback from many friends in the US.

Really clicked with me last week when a friend, comfodrtably retired female New Yorker, die in the ditch democrat, the stereotypical anti Trump type if one were to believe our lopsided media, admitted to me she and others she knows voted for Trump. "The thought of Clinton as president was just too terrifying,,,that woman is just nasty, socally and politically".

Isn't democracy a bitch when you don't get what you want.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

323 wrote: »
    So easy to take that holier than thou approach, But believe it has very little to do with what you refer to as BS, from feedback from many friends in the US.

Really clicked with me last week when a friend, comfodrtably retired female New Yorker, die in the ditch democrat, the stereotypical anti Trump type if one were to believe our lopsided media, admitted to me she and others she knows voted for Trump. "The thought of Clinton as president was just too terrifying,,,that woman is just nasty, socally and politically".

Isn't democracy a bitch when you don't get what you want.

It's Clinton's personality and her history that won it for Trump as much as his backers and his enviable personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,255 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Just checking in to see if Trumps supporters are happy with him excluding news outlets who don't write what he likes. 

Whats the consensus among Trump's supporters?

The information contained in the Clinton mails ?

The same e-mails he asked the Russians to find for him ? ... And is now labelling as highly classified .... Those e-mails ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fascinating how the fan club are happy to advocate the curtailing of the first amendment of the United States as a way to keep the President of the United States free of critical probing. I'm not going to suggest Trump will end up like Robert Mugabe for example but he's already on that road barely a month into his term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Christy42

Interesting how quick Trump supporters are to ignore the man cutting out networks if they don't print positive stories about him. The gaggle was a tester. If he gets away with it he will exclude them more and more.

The fake news bull he comes out with is eaten up by his supporters who are quite happy that it took the Canadian government to get fox to take down the false claim that the Quebec attacker was Muslim and let's not get started on Breitbart who have yet to take back making up a terrorist attack in Germany years ago. Or just most of what Trump says really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement