Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

323 wrote: »
    So easy to take that holier than thou approach, But believe it has very little to do with what you refer to as BS, from feedback from many friends in the US.

Really clicked with me last week when a friend, comfodrtably retired female New Yorker, die in the ditch democrat, the stereotypical anti Trump type if one were to believe our lopsided media, admitted to me she and others she knows voted for Trump. "The thought of Clinton as president was just too terrifying,,,that woman is just nasty, socally and politically".

Isn't democracy a bitch when you don't get what you want.

Not at all ... We have a President who is whinging about the media and its sources ... I'm only posting the double standards here

People are free to vote and how bad must Hillary be to be beaten by Trump, I think my ego would never be the same again if that would happen to me.

But on the other hand I highly doubt it Hillary would have made such a mess of her presidency after 1 month

As I said earlier .. Trump has to deal with an electorate who in majority did not vote for him ,,, that is a fact, add the shenanigans he is engaged in for the past month , alienating people who did vote for him (probably the likes of your friend) and he has a serious battle to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Sadly this thread has become just an echo chamber for anti-Trump hate and vitriol. Reasoned posts that contradict the prevailing groupthink get deleted by the mods.
    Adieu, and enjoy your little bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Just checking in to see if Trumps supporters are happy with him excluding news outlets who don't write what he likes. 

Whats the consensus among Trump's supporters?

They are still building a consensus with the hive mind. But obama and they said negative things about Trump so must be lies are the forerunners. It's not like Trump or his administration are in a competition for saying the dumbest thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

recedite wrote: »
    Sadly this thread has become just an echo chamber for anti-Trump hate and vitriol. Reasoned posts that contradict the prevailing groupthink get deleted by the mods.

Maybe if they tried not writing everything negative about Trump is fake or ignoring it while using debunked and irrelevant stories all the time others may treat them as something other than idiots.

The same side who loves liberal tears is now concerned about vitriol. If only Trump supporters acted a bit better for the past year and someone in the world might be able to play the smallest violin for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is those more of those "alternative facts"? If you didn't want vitriol, then what did you expect with Steve Bannon on your side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

In fairness, whatever you may think is good about Trump, there is an awful lot of bad, even to the most neutral of people. Free speech is a fundamental of democracy and Trump is undermining the very core of society. That alone is enough to sound alarm bells. People may think that because it's the USA that a dictator type administration is impossible. Is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What?! You're claiming the reason we're not seeing reasoned posts as to why the Trump administration are doing some of the things they're doing is because they're being deleted? Hilarious.

Anti Trump hate ?

I didn't see any ... Most posts are directly quoting him ... He must hate himself so ..going by your logic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The information contained in the Clinton mails ?

You misunderstood the whole thing.

Acosta did not "ask for classified data".

He remarked about the hypocrisy of Trump calling for Russia to publish Clintons emails, and his rail against the leaks from the WH ( which havent been classified)

Trump said they were different things - Clintons mails were not classified ( although he previously claimed they were) and the leaks from the WH were ( that is arguable)

So, "CNN Reporter Asks for Classified Data" wheeze is baseless.

I'm sure the only posts that get deleted are bordering on religious hatred, so I'm sure you have not been affected by that.

Well you are welcome to leave the discussion and return to your own "bubble" where your views will not be questioned. Just remember one thing - it doesnt make them any less wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

You misunderstood the whole thing.

Acosta did not "ask for classified data".

He remarked about the hypocrisy of Trump calling for Russia to publish Clintons emails, and his rail against the leaks from the WH ( which havent been classified)

Trump said they were different things - Clintons mails were not classified ( although he previously claimed they were) and the leaks from the WH were ( that is arguable)

So, "CNN Reporter Asks for Classified Data" wheeze is baseless.

Whatever one wants to make of the spin .

Indeed its very difficult to get around the WH spin these days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    In fairness, whatever you may think is good about Trump, there is an awful lot of bad, even to the most neutral of people. Free speech is a fundamental of democracy and Trump is undermining the very core of society. That alone is enough to sound alarm bells. People may think that because it's the USA that a dictator type administration is impossible. Is it?

This. I am going to give Trump a lot more slack than most on this board because I do not automatically knee-jerk against his policies without giving them some rational credence, but the way the Administration, and particularly Spicer, has been treating the press is beyond acceptable. On this matter it may appear to be an echo chamber with all but nobody arguing in support of the other side precisely because these actions are pretty much unsupportable under any rational basis.

Spin? good lord.

Its in black and white text in the link you shared. What other interpretation can you make of it ( other than a completely inaccurate one)?

This is the problem with a dystrumpian presidency - even when simple facts are presented, they are portrayed as lies. Yet blatant lies are being held as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This. I am going to give Trump a lot more slack than most on this board because I do not automatically knee-jerk against his policies without giving them some rational credence, but the way the Administration, and particularly Spicer, has been treating the press is beyond acceptable. On this matter it may appear to be an echo chamber with all but nobody arguing in support of the other side precisely because these actions are pretty much unsupportable under any rational basis.

Being from showbiz Trump probably has asked Spicer to take the same approach with the media as Hollywood studios do when their stars do a promotional tour - be nice and you'll get the interview, be nasty and you won't. A publication or journo with a history of critical put downs will stay on the outside and we all know the media just hates that more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just reading up on HR mcmasters and it's clear that trump didn't do much background on him as he appears to be his own man and will do the job how he sees fit, which is not what trump probably wanted.

I'm not sure if he lasts that long with these independent taughts and all that mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Did he not just the other day magic up a terrorist attack in Sweden? ?

If being challenged on this lies counts as critian and negative reporting....perhaps it's psychological help he needs

Looks to me like he trying to shut down free speech and freedom of press.....you do know there is nothing obliging the press to report positively on him???

No he referred to the documentary he saw from film producer Ami Horowitz about the no go zone areas in Sweden controlled by the muslim immigrants.

http://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/768980/Sweden-cover-up-migrant-rape-violent-crime&s

It was the controlled mainstream media that decided to run with a story about a terrorist attack.

The controlled mainstream press he banned are not free, he has no obligation to bring those totally one sided biased journalists to the white house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No he referred to the documentary he saw from film producer Ami Horowitz about the no go zone areas in Sweden controlled by the muslim immigrants.

http://www.google.ie/url?q=http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/768980/Sweden-cover-up-migrant-rape-violent-crime&s

It was the controlled mainstream media that decided to run with a story about a terrorist attack.

The controlled mainstream press he banned are not free, he has no obligation to bring those totally one sided biased journalists to the white house.

He said
    you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden!

It was clear what it looked like but Trump knows what he is doing by suggesting something happened specifically...or does he? I just think he sees stuff on the telly half remembers it and blurts something barely comprehensible out at his next opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

That was the worse cover up lie I ever seen....in a speech about attacks etc...he said like Sweden last night-it took some very creative thinking to come out about this

If you choose to believe that,your naiivity is unreal
    He lied....like all politians do...but he's gotten in a whah over being called out on it and has now taken to banning the press

Something I suspect is pointless as the internet is the information age and all these papers need only just report after the conferences and just simply expose his lies that way.....10 years ago this wouldve been a big deal

But he's too late....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Even Fox News are actually calling for those respectable news outlets to be allowed to attend. They are real news outlets, far more respected than the express btw. You believe that there's a global conspiracy by the Rotschilds to control the media, no credible news outlet will agree with that. It's rubbish.

In relation to the debunked documentary which I still strongly doubt that he was referring to. He specified the events happened in Sweden the night before, not that he saw a documentary the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just reading up on HR mcmasters and it's clear that trump didn't do much background on him as he appears to be his own man and will do the job how he sees fit, which is not what trump probably wanted.

I'm not sure if he lasts that long with these independent taughts and all that mad stuff.

CNN have a report that in one of his first meetings he said it was unhelpful that he uses "radical Islamic terrorist" all the time... He only took the job I think because he is still in the army and he couldn't go against a direct order from Trumpski who is commander in chief.

I will give him about 4 weeks also :) we al know that Trumpski only likes yes people around him.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

weisses wrote: »
    He does it himself

He wouldn't have been president without the BS ... people fell for it unfortunately

He used the same tricks the media use in the build up to becoming president by quoting anonymous sources. Just as well he stood up and fought back or else the controlled media would have had another pro establishment politician in power. This is an area that needs tightening up to have a level playing field for both media and politicians going forward which is why a law banning the use of anonymous sources would make the communications more accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

He used the same tricks the media use in the build up to becoming president by quoting anonymous sources. Just as well he stood up and fought back or else the controlled media would have had another pro establishment politician in power. This is an area that needs tightening up to have a level playing field for both media and politicians going forward which is why a law banning the use of anonymous sources would make the communications more accurate.

Banning anonymous sources, that would literally eliminate whistleblowing including watergate. So your idea is to keep the real conspiracies secret?

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Even Fox News are actually calling for those respectable news outlets to be allowed to attend. They are real news outlets, far more respected than the express btw. You believe that there's a global conspiracy by the Rotschilds to control the media, no credible news outlet will agree with that. It's rubbish.

In relation to the debunked documentary which I still strongly doubt that he was referring to. He specified the events happened in Sweden the night before, not that he saw a documentary the night before.

I don't trust Fox news no more than CNN. It's a bit like Republicans versus Democratics. Both are ultimately controlled by the global elites that distract the population from the bigger issues of debt based currencies, middle class enslavement and moves towards a NWO with far reaching consequences.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Banning anonymous sources, that would literally eliminate whistleblowing including watergate. So your idea is to keep the real conspiracies secret?

Snowdon was a whistle blower and was known. The identity of a whistle blower has to be known if the allegations are to be believed. So do you mean anyone can say anything without their identity being known and we're to take it as being true?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Journalists quite often use anon sources. But the rule is, as a cross check, one must verify the story from more than one source.
    Journos also clear this with their senior editor.

Naming a source, doesn't in any way guarantee it's the truth. From multiple sources in what is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I don't trust Fox news no more than CNN. It's a bit like Republicans versus Democratics. Both are ultimately controlled by the global elites that distract the population from the bigger issues of debt based currencies, middle class enslavement and moves towards a NWO with far reaching consequences.

Genuinely curious here, but what media sources if any do you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Water John wrote: »
    Journalists quite often use anon sources. But the rule is, as a cross check, one must verify the story from more than one source.
    Journos also clear this with their senior editor.

Naming a source, doesn't in any way guarantee it's the truth. From multiple sources in what is important.

So erm, did you hear the one about Fox News having Sweden's Defense and National Security Advisor on air to talk about the rampant terrorism in Sweden.

Only no such position exists, the guy was a fake who had changed his name and has a criminal conviction for assaulting police.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/fake-sweden-expert-on-fox-news-has-criminal-convictions-in-us-no-connection-to-swedish-security/

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So erm, did you hear the one about Fox News having Sweden's Defense and National Security Advisor on air to talk about the rampant terrorism in Sweden.

Only no such position exists, the guy was a fake who had changed his name and has a criminal conviction for assaulting police.

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/fake-sweden-expert-on-fox-news-has-criminal-convictions-in-us-no-connection-to-swedish-security/

That article refers to a guy called Nils Bidlt? No mention of Ami Horowitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see trump is not going to be attending the White House correspondents association dinner this year.

The lads might enjoy the evening now that trump won't be there. It's normally a light hearted event and trumps fragile ego couldn't handle that now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement