Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

listermint wrote: »
    The democrat's got hammered for not taking the voters problems seriously.

Trump has done the same.

They will get hammered for the EPA stuff about their dogs and cats.

They will get hammered for the healthcare stuff.

They will get hammered for the education stuff.

They will get hammered for the wall Street stuff.

They will get hammered for the Russian stuff.

They will get hammered for the lack of wall stuff.

They will get hammered for failing to deliver the earth moon and stars.

They are already getting hammered at home this doesn't appear to be ebbing.

He has been in for a month. The Dems had 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    He has been in for a month. The Dems had 8 years.

And managed to mess up all of that already.

Ha.

Millions of people literally scared out of their wits of losing their lifelines.

Quality work republican party. Quality work

And managed to mess up all of that already.

Ha.

Millions of people literally scared out of their wits of losing their lifelines.

Quality work republican party. Quality work

Long before Trump got in their was much anger in America in the deprived areas of the Mid West. Hillary did not campaign in far North. She would have gotten a earful from her constituents. Pres Obama might have appealed to his Chicago heartland outside of Illinois he enjoyed very little support in all the important areas and it was Dems and Republican politicians that spread the smears and slurs about him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I think the hysteria is dying down now, slowly but surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Yes. Hillary lost, time to focus on Trump.

• Advertisement

Staying up to watch Pres Trump tonight. His is the boss man now that ex-Pres Obama is no longer in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

drama queens tend to be very boring alright

Yes. Hillary lost, time to focus on Trump.
    Everyone focuses on him now, and I mean everyone. Most famous person in the world right now.

Everyone focuses on him now, and I mean everyone. Most famous person in the world right now.

Most infamous person.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe not famous, more infamous, I'd say.
    We'll see the address to the Joint Houses goes.
    He will have the national stage, no pesky media misconstruing his honest words.
    Ah Moriarty, beat me to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So what? This is not the X-Factor or a reality show. Its supposed to be about MAGA, not making Trump famous.

Of course everyone focuses on him, because people are genuinely worried. That is not a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Infamy still doesn't make him good at the job. Berlusconi was infamous, must have been a great leader by your logic.... :D

B_Wayne wrote:
    Infamy still doesn't make him good at the job. Berlusconi was infamous, must have been a great leader by your logic....

Bet Trump has had more bunga bunga.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,781 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    drama queens tend to be very boring alright
    Most infamous person.
    B_Wayne wrote: »
    Infamy still doesn't make him good at the job. Berlusconi was infamous, must have been a great leader by your logic.... :D
    Bet Trump has had more bunga bunga.

Less of this nonsense.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Leroy42 wrote: »

So what?  This is not the X-Factor or a reality show.  Its supposed to be about MAGA, not making Trump famous.

Of course everyone focuses on him, because people are genuinely worried.   That is not a good thing.
    Which is what he is focused on doing. You have to give him time to settle down, which he is doing. First few weeks was hectic but its not as bad now. The one thing I have disagreed with him on is banning certain media from a certain conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I won't be watching due to the time difference and it's going to be a near 80 minute speech so god knows what time it will finish.

The only thing I hope that president trump does tonight is to finally speak presidential.I hope he realises that not only what he says and how he says it matter a great deal.

I know the us congress as a body is unpopular but hopefully he can respect the building and entity and respect the importance of where he is.

I don't think he will do that but we can live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How is he going to talk for 80 minutes.

I just can't see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just can't see it...
    I don't know that's what Sean spicer said.

He's looking to cut 37% from the State Dept and foreign aid. Mitch McConnell says it ain't gonna happen. Let the games begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Christy42

He's looking to cut 37% from the State Dept and foreign aid. Mitch McConnell says it ain't gonna happen. Let the games begin.

In Ttump's defense there is little point in helping or talking to people who have just been blown to Kingdom come and the increase in military spending will allow just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

170 senior military disagree with the increase in military spending.
    But of course, so much of that industry is now privatised. These friends need to be looked after.

Christy42 wrote:
    In Ttump's defense there is little point in helping or talking to people who have just been blown to Kingdom come and the increase in military spending will allow just that.

Good point. Nuke the sh1t out of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I just can't see it...

What's the problem? Can't that great orator keep repeating himself as he always does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know that's what Sean spicer said.

Spicer said it? It will be 5 minutes long and afterwards he will claim it was the longest speech ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump is expected to say to Congress that North Korea poses the gravest threat to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Which is what he is focused on doing. You have to give him time to settle down, which he is doing. First few weeks was hectic but its not as bad now . . . .
    The Donald disagrees with you. He gives himself an 'A' for achievement.
    . . . The one thing I have disagreed with him on is banning certain media from a certain conference.
    Well, there you may be on to something. The Donald only gives himself a C+ for communication.

In other words, his only mistake has been failing to devote enough time and attention to explaining to everyone how wonderful he is, and what great things he has acheived. He needs to do more of that, he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They are all just standing around chatting. Where's the donald at? Might just go to bed I'll be getting up again in 4 hour.

Edit: oh wait here he is

Paul Ryan looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

2 standing ovations less than a minute in? This is going to take hours I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

rgossip30 wrote: »
    This is really a petty affair and insignificant . I thought you could have found a better reason to prove that Donald trump is an unfit President . I have no wish to aid you in that regard .
    Relax; I don't need your aid. I could find a dozen better reasons, and what's more you already know what they are. In the post you replied to I stuck to the Swedish terrorism gaffe because it was the subject already under discussion, and because it exemplifies several of Trumps failings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

They talk about breaking the cycle of violence and cutting down the murder rate whilst not mentioning their lax gun laws directly playing its part in that cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The personal stories of people in the audience had worked really well for Trump tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement