Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Pence repeated something Flynn said. If there was something sinister about the phone call the FBI wouldn't have cleared him.

I'm sorry but all we know us that Pence SAID he repeated what Flynn told him.

Do you have any credible source saying that Flynn was cleared? You see he failed to mention he discussed sanctions to FBI under interview. That is a felony but lies don't seem to be problematic in your worldview?

Also, the FBI opened an investigation into Flynn as soon as they had examined the recording of the phone call . Can you provide us with where you learned that the FBI Had concluded this investigation?

Otherwise could you stop spreading disinformation and ruining the thread for other users?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Was this fake news put out by the Democrats the reason (excuse) Trump got tapped? Apparently after no evidence was found, the wiretaps continued.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793250312119263233

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Was this fake news put out by the Democrats the reason (excuse) Trump got tapped? Apparently after no evidence was found, the wiretaps continued.

Youve just added apparently.. to add justification to your opinion.

Doesn't work that way

demfad wrote: »
    I'm sorry but all we know us that Pence SAID he repeated what Flynn told him.

Do you have any credible source saying that Flynn was cleared? You see he failed to mention he discussed sanctions to FBI under interview. That is a felony but lies don't seem to be problematic in your worldview?

Also, the FBI opened an investigation into Flynn as soon as they had examined the recording of the phone call . Can you provide us with where you learned that the FBI Had concluded this investigation?

Otherwise could you stop spreading disinformation and ruining the thread for other users?

Are you a moderator, is it hard for you when people disagree? Telling me to go away because I have an opposing opinion isn't very tolerant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.738caa9f4ee9

"The FBI in late December reviewed intercepts of communications between the Russian ambassador to the United States and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn — national security adviser to then-President-elect Trump — but has not found any evidence of wrongdoing or illicit ties to the Russian government, U.S. officials said."

listermint wrote: »
    Youve just added apparently.. to add justification to your opinion.

Doesn't work that way

I think it was same computer scientists working for H who said the Russians hacked the voting machines.

• Advertisement

Are you a moderator, is it hard for you when people disagree? Telling me to go away because I have an opposing opinion isn't very tolerant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.738caa9f4ee9

"The FBI in late December reviewed intercepts of communications between the Russian ambassador to the United States and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn — national security adviser to then-President-elect Trump — but has not found any evidence of wrongdoing or illicit ties to the Russian government, U.S. officials said."

What did the FBI say I asked? Not Steve Bannon or Stephen Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think it was same computer scientists working for H who said the Russians hacked the voting machines.

They said it was worthy of investigation, I disagree with them on it but I don't misrepresent what they said. Trump said the hacking happened. He can put up or shut up. Granted he will likely do neither unfortunately. Come on you had to be pushed to question this story. Course it is playing to Trump's Base who will lap it up without proof.

Out of interest what if Trump does not provide evidence. Here we will have ethereal POTUS accusing a private citizen of some serious crimes without evidence. That is a big issue for the president of the United States imo. He is not some randomer anymore and this is a serious issue.

As has been pointed out several times the FBI need probable cause to get a warrant off a FISA court. Can you please stop deliberately spreading disinformation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im looking forward to Trump revealing his sources for this wire tap. While they are at it, they can release all the other info about Obamas birth cert as well.

It's truly worrying to see a sitting president go on a tirade like this. But as its been pointed out already, continuously trying to cover stuff up as you go only gets harder. He is trying to shift the focus onto something else to mask what potentially could come out in the coming weeks. Sessions meeting the Russians in secret, Pence using a personal server for his emails, its nothing more than a tactic to try and shift the focus from them.

Expect "I have credible sources who tell me terrible, terrible things about Obama and how he tapped my phone", thats about as far as it will go.

Christy42 wrote: »
    They said it was worthy of investigation, I disagree with them on it but I don't misrepresent what they said. Trump said the hacking happened. He can put up or shut up. Granted he will likely do neither unfortunately. Come on you had to be pushed to question this story. Course it is playing to Trump's Base who will lap it up without proof.

Out of interest what if Trump does not provide evidence. Here we will have ethereal POTUS accusing a private citizen of some serious crimes without evidence. That is a big issue for the president of the United States imo. He is not some randomer anymore and this is a serious issue.

"The computer scientists believe they have found evidence that vote totals in the three states could have been manipulated or hacked and presented their findings to top Clinton aides on a call last Thursday."

That's what they said actually. The same as the garbage Russian Computer in Trump tower claims.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/hillary-clinton-challenge-results/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Usual Trump tactic. When the heat is on (in this case, on Sessions), create a diversionary story that you pull out of your, er, imagination. The more outlandish the story, the more heat it takes off you, the more news cycles it eats up.

I'm surprised people still fall for it.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Usual Trump tactic. When the heat is on (in this case, on Sessions), create a diversionary story that you pull out of your, er, imagination. The more outlandish the story, the more heat it takes off you, the more news cycles it eats up.

I'm surprised people still fall for it.

That may have been the intention but this is a bubu.
    If FISA exists he is drawing attention.
    If not he looks unstable.
    If Obana did wiretap him then any investigation into that is now corrupted.
    This is still Trump/Russia news and won't divert from Sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He also started this tirad after Mark Levin said them on the radio, then Breitbart reported them. In Trumps mind then they must be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gintonious wrote: »
    Im looking forward to Trump revealing his sources for this wire tap. While they are at it, they can release all the other info about Obamas birth cert as well.
    Let's remind ourselves that Trump wants to force media outlets to name their sources. I guess he thinks his Twitter account is excluded. :rolleyes:
    Gintonious wrote: »
    He also started this tirade after Mark Levin said them on the radio, then Breitbart reported them. In Trumps mind then they must be true!
    More fuel for the "Trump swallows everything he hears/watches in the news" theory. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seems dear Donald is going off the deep end again, after starting the week with a relatively composed speech to congress and good media coverage, the week as descended once again into farce with the Sessions Russia meetings and today his twitter rant full of baseless accusations at Obama apparently sourced from a right wing conspiracy radio show.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think Trumpski is gettin mixed up (not hard) but I was just listening to a reporter on tv and what most likely happened is that obviously the Russian ambassador (and his buddies) are constantly under surveillance and his calls are monitored al the time. Now what happened is the Russians' were calling Trump Tower and these Calls are recorded. Now technically Trump Tower isn't bugged but anybody that is of interest and if they happen to call Trumpski then tough luck......

From memory aren't the GOP very concerned about lying under oath! Wasn't it lying under oath that they tried to impeach Bill Clinton on. Surprised they don't prosecute sessions for this knowing how serious they take lying....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Christy42

"The computer scientists believe they have found evidence that vote totals in the three states could have been manipulated or hacked and presented their findings to top Clinton aides on a call last Thursday."

That's what they said actually. The same as the garbage Russian Computer in Trump tower claims.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/hillary-clinton-challenge-results/

Aka they did not claim it had happened. They claimed they had evidence of it and worth looking into. Please feel free to go through all these accusations avoiding the repeated accusations from the current POTUS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Trump is becoming seriously unhinged. This latest twitterfcuk is nothing more than a diversionary tactic.
    The FBI bugged his building due to the Alfa Bank server accounting for about 87% of the DNS lookups involving a trump email server which was configured to talk only to a limited number of addresses.
    Obama did not order these - the feds did, Because - well, thats their job. Not the presidents. Trumps mischaracterization of this is typical of his smoke and mirrors tactics.

This is old news being thrown out again to draw you away from the sessions sh*tstorm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Isn't a judge required to wire tap? Has Trump just come out and said that a judge deemed it worthwhile to tap him based on evidence provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,562 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Kinda puts the mind of Trump into perspective

Take a look at @davidgross_man's Tweet: https://twitter.com/davidgross_man/status/838022813550329858?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

That is news to me did not know that about the Apprentice show.

Isn't a judge required to wire tap? Has Trump just come out and said that a judge deemed it worthwhile to tap him based on evidence provided?

Yes that's exactly what he has done. His accusation against Obama is the worst ever made by one president against a former president. He has zero evidence. His supporters are conditioned to hate Obama over a decade so he's appealing to this hatred to shore up his base. He has been consistently trying to bring Obama into things for this purpose. If he loses his base congress will dump him.

How republican leaders in congress react to this will be interesting. One Rep Senator has ready called Trump out/said independent Trump Russia investigation inevitable now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Only just coming out now, but former Trump advisor Carter Page has apparently changed his story again and is now claiming that Trump was responsible for the Republican party's changed stance on Ukraine after the RNC last year:

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/838102754971238401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If what he says is factually true then Trump lied again and was secretly acting in Putin's favour, if it is simply true that Page made the claim, then he's clearly trying to throw Trump under a bus.

Either way it's not good for Trump.

Edit: just to point out this has yet to be more widely reported so it's at the 'wait and see' stage rather than a confirmed thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭swampgas

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/04/jeff-sessions-legal-past-democrats-trump-administration

I don't know if this Guardian article was posted in this thread previously, apologies if it has. But if a tiny fraction of it is true then Jeff Sessions is a truly dangerous man to have as AG and his closeness to Trump is telling.

Not only does Trump need to go, so does Sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This Carter Page dude stikes me as a Walter Mitty type character.

Seems he felt he was part of the campaign but never really was.

He can't provide any proof of being involved and seems to oscillate between being really involved but not involved at all.

Is he just some nut job that wanted in but never got further than a guest pass at a rally that he thinks makes him a special advisor

Some overnight developments. Trump campaigner roger stone went on a Twitter rant insulting many people. More importantly he tweeted that he had a back channel to assange who ' had the goods'. He later deleted.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58bba372e4b0fa65b844b44f

There has been another murder: Oronov who organised the Ukrainian peace
    (blackmail) plan with Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen, and Felix Sater lived in Trump Hollywood (Florida) was shot to death overnight. He was the father in law of Michael Cohens brother, Bryan and was involved in Cohens Ukranian business.
    That makes 4 dead with definite links to the Steele dossier, but 8 possibly. First American citizen to be murdered.

Carter Page should come under protection for his own safety.

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/trump-russia-conspirator-alex-oronov-dies-suspiciously-he-lived-in-donald-trumps-building/1786/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's now time for all nationally elected politicians, on all sides, to put their country first.
    That means a full independent investigation. If there is nothing there, that will prove it and Trump will be vindicated. Anyone, at this point could hardly disagree with that.

B0jangles wrote: »
    Only just coming out now, but former Trump advisor Carter Page has apparently changed his story again and is now claiming that Trump was responsible for the Republican party's changed stance on Ukraine after the RNC last year:

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/838102754971238401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If what he says is factually true then Trump lied again and was secretly acting in Putin's favour, if it is simply true that Page made the claim, then he's clearly trying to throw Trump under a bus.

Either way it's not good for Trump.

Edit: just to point out this has yet to be more widely reported so it's at the 'wait and see' stage rather than a confirmed thing.

Another Trump campaigner, Gordon, who was at the RNC has changed to this position also. Said that they physically pushed for the change but that Trump was behind it.
    Both Trump and former campaign manager Lewandowski have stated clearly that Page was in the Trump campaign team as political advisor.
    I think Page/Gordon knows he will be called in soon by the FBI.
    The FBI must have everything.

I think very soon we will see the unthinkable. Overwhelming evidence will come out that POTUS is a Russian agent of influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That would mean that the person who forecast that he would retire on 'health' grounds in his first year in office, quite possibly will have it correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Since he was elected, Trump's odds on being impeached or resigning during first term have gone as follows:

4 weeks ago: 6/4
    2 weeks ago: 11/10
    Yesterday: 10/11
    Today: 4/5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement