Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He was actually watching Fox News today and tweeting them, hence him tweeting the thing about Gitmo that he saw on it. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Better watching Amanpour CNN go with the Baku/Trump story.

Interviewing Adam Davidson of The New Yorker.

Ties to Iranian Revolutionary Guard!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Interesting to hear about the global hacking capabilities of the CIA through the WikiLeaks exposure known as Vault 7. The CIA who told lies about Russian involvement in the US election are now in the spotlight as a result of a whistleblower given information to WikiLeaks.

They have being building sophisticated codes, Trojans and virus malware targeting specific companies and countries. They like the NSA can spie on people through computers and mobiles. They can also control devices such as cars. A guy called Michael Hastings who wrote articles on why the US government likes to spy on the American population was killed in a high speed car crash when someone took remote control of the car. The capabilities of the CIA are very frightening.

An who is friendly with Wikileaks and Russia and seeks to undermine his own Intel Community???

I can smell the whiff of false trails.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Christy42

Interesting to hear about the global hacking capabilities of the CIA through the WikiLeaks exposure known as Vault 7. The CIA who told lies about Russian involvement in the US election are now in the spotlight as a result of a whistleblower given information to WikiLeaks.

They have being building sophisticated codes, Trojans and virus malware targeting specific companies and countries. They like the NSA can spie on people through computers and mobiles. They can also control devices such as cars. A guy called Michael Hastings who wrote articles on why the US government likes to spy on the American population was killed in a high speed car crash when someone took remote control of the car. The capabilities of the CIA are very frightening.

I presume Trump is about to crack down on wikileaks for using an anonymous source...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So question to both sides. Leaving aside his Twitter account, has Trump managed to achieve anything since taking up the position and how does he compare to other first term American Presidents in terms of productivity. Or is all of this just settling in time?

Christy42 wrote: »
    I presume Trump is about to crack down on wikileaks for using an anonymous source...

Early days yet, no doubt the controlled mainstream media will probably say its not true and then try blame Russia like everything else.

Trump's throwing out the allegation about O'Bama has all the hallmarks of McCarthyism.
    The key link being Ray Cohn. Worked for Joe McCarthy and Donald Trump.

DT very foolish to mention McCarthy. Reminds us all of the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Early days yet, no doubt the controlled mainstream media will probably say its not true and then try blame Russia like everything else.

You are being played.

The main stream media is not being controlled. Some may tend to side with one view or another, but it doesnt take much intelligence to be able to chart a neutral course. If you cannot see the problem with the close ties between the Trump regime and Russia ( and his intertwined business interests) then you are the one at fault for allowing yourself to be conditioned by the media that aligns with your beliefs.

You are being played.

The main stream media is not being controlled. Some may tend to side with one view or another, but it doesnt take much intelligence to be able to chart a neutral course. If you cannot see the problem with the close ties between the Trump regime and Russia ( and his intertwined business interests) then you are the one at fault for allowing yourself to be conditioned by the media that aligns with your beliefs.

You sound naive, unfortunately the worlds mainstream media like the global financial system is controlled. Same reporting, same bias, usually the same buzz words, all getting their information at roughly the same time. You should open your mind and do some research and you'll begin to realise the instant news we are fed is not trustworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You sound naive, unfortunately the worlds mainstream media like the global financial system is controlled. Same reporting, same bias, usually the same buzz words, all getting their information at roughly the same time. You should open your mind and do some research and you'll begin to realise the instant news we are fed is not trustworthy.

Do you have a problem when Trump repeats verbatim what has been said on Fox, Breitbart and Infowars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

My english teacher asked me to explain irony, can I use this as an example?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

No naivity at all, just a more open mind than you are willing to expend on the competing world views out there. Only your own consumption and understanding of the news is not trustworthy. The lazy like to slip into the warm unquestioning waters of Breitbart et al and wallow in the exquisite pain of their victimization at the hands of the Globalz Financial system.

The rest of us play the hand we are dealt and game the system as best we can. ;)

No naivity at all, just a more open mind than you are willing to expend on the competing world views out there. Only your own consumption and understanding of the news is not trustworthy. The lazy like to slip into the warm unquestioning waters of Breitbart et al and wallow in the exquisite pain of their victimization at the hands of the Globalz Financial system.

The rest of us play the hand we are dealt and game the system as best we can. ;)

I agree you should play the hand your dealt with and game the system as best you can but I'm not lazy and certainly don't try to be a victim by looking at alternative view points on how the world is run. Having a better understanding on how the world runs can open up opportunities for deciding what assets to invest in.

Rather than relying on the mainstream media as gospel it is best to look at alternative media as well to hear what the global elites don't want you to hear. You will never hear for example through the main media organisations what will happen when confidence in the debt based currencies comes to an end or why wars benefit a select few or why the US wanted to build a gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

So question to both sides. Leaving aside his Twitter account, has Trump managed to achieve anything since taking up the position and how does he compare to other first term American Presidents in terms of productivity. Or is all of this just settling in time?

Looking at what he has accomplished so far (with the one loss on his ban of people from suspect countries) I'd say he has probably the most aggressive agenda of just about any US president in history.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/06/03/President-Trump-What-the-new-White-House-has-done-so-far/7811485361327/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Amerika wrote: »
    Looking at what he has accomplished so far (with the one loss on his ban of people from suspect countries) I'd say he has probably the most aggressive agenda of just about any US president in history.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/06/03/President-Trump-What-the-new-White-House-has-done-so-far/7811485361327/

Yes, aggressive is a good word to use in relation to Trump.

Yes, aggressive is a good word to use in relation to Trump.
    And that's a big part of the reason people elected him president.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Spicer said they can't comment more because it may be evidence in an ongoing DOJ case.....
    So somebody from the DOJ leaked to DJT on an ongoing FISA or Criminal (or both) case. Jefferson Sessions is head of DOJ.
    Would be a big crime to leak that and DJT tweeting it would be interfering with an ongoing investigation.
    The Russian dump today (Wikileaks) was meant to distract from this whole affair...
    It must be bad if they are reduced to this..

Agreed. Many of his voters value aggression.

The MSM won't be deflected though. I do think the tide is turning against Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I honestly think we should stop talking about the wire tap, it is clear it is BS.

I mean, he was so upset about 'just found out' that the tweeted it at 5.30am on Saturday and since then has done nothing else? Hasn't shown the world all the evidence. He could have the Obama and by extension the DNC by the balls if he had anything.

He was tweeting about Arnold losing the Apprentice job within 30mins of those tweets, which shows how important those crazy allegations were to him.

He has the power to release anything the Obama Admin. had on him, yet he won't. Top ranking congressional Republicans like Gowdy and Chaffetz have said they've seen nothing, and have also said Trump absolutely has the power to release the details if there's anything there.

The problem is, there's **** all there except what Breitbart and those other 'pizzagate' nutjobs are saying.

Still, some of the more easily-led idiots around here would take their word over the people who actually have a clue, and it has nothing to do with partisan politics, those guys are on Trump's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

He's a really aggressive man alright; so aggressive he behaved like a coward and avoided the draft unlike most other lads his age at the time. He's so aggressive that despite that, he still has the balls to insult war heroes like McCain.

Trump's nothing more than a loud-mouth who talks **** but he's as cowardly as they come, just like all loud-mouths.

Maybe Trump was watching an episode of The Wire and thought it was a documentary.

He's a really aggressive man alright; so aggressive he behaved like a coward and avoided the draft unlike most other lads his age at the time. He's so aggressive that despite that, he still has the balls to insult war heroes like McCain.

Trump's nothing more than a loud-mouth who talks **** but he's as cowardly as they come, just like all loud-mouths.

Behaved like a coward? I don't see it.

1968:
    Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968. Trump underwent an Armed Forces physical examination (with a result listed only as “DISQ”) on 19 September 1968 and was reclassified 1-Y (qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency) on 15 October 1968.

1972:
    Despite the supposedly “short-term” nature of Trump’s disqualifying physical condition, on 17 February 1972 he was reclassified 4-F (not qualified for military service), presumably due to the abolishment of the 1-Y classification the previous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

He was tweeting about Arnold losing the Apprentice job within 30mins of those tweets, which shows how important those crazy allegations were to him.

He has the power to release anything the Obama Admin. had on him, yet he won't. Top ranking congressional Republicans like Gowdy and Chaffetz have said they've seen nothing, and have also said Trump absolutely has the power to release the details if there's anything there.

The problem is, there's **** all there except what Breitbart and those other 'pizzagate' nutjobs are saying.

Still, some of the more easily-led idiots around here would take their word over the people who actually have a clue, and it has nothing to do with partisan politics, those guys are on Trump's side.

He doesn't have the power to release evidence in an ongoing investigation. That's a crime I believe. Today Spicer mentioned a DOJ investigation. If such an investigation exists the tweets might also mean he broke the law.

Behaved like a coward? I don't see it.

1968:
    Trump received his fourth and final college deferment on 16 January 1968. After graduating from Wharton, he was reclassified 1-A on 9 July 1968. Trump underwent an Armed Forces physical examination (with a result listed only as “DISQ”) on 19 September 1968 and was reclassified 1-Y (qualified for service only in time of war or national emergency) on 15 October 1968.

1972:
    Despite the supposedly “short-term” nature of Trump’s disqualifying physical condition, on 17 February 1972 he was reclassified 4-F (not qualified for military service), presumably due to the abolishment of the 1-Y classification the previous year.

Here's our hero talking about how he dodged the draft:

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Trump said the bone spurs had been “temporary” — a “minor” malady that had not had a meaningful impact on him. He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.

Mr. Trump has described the condition as heel spurs, which are protrusions caused by calcium built up on the heel bone, treated through stretching, orthotics or sometimes surgery.

Mr. Trump said that he could not recall exactly when he was no longer bothered by the spurs, but that he had not had an operation for the problem.

“Over a period of time, it healed up,” he said.

Here's what the draft dodger said about a real hero: McCain was “not a war hero, I like people who weren’t captured.”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Trump said the bone spurs had been “temporary” — a “minor” malady that had not had a meaningful impact on him. He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.

Mr. Trump has described the condition as heel spurs, which are protrusions caused by calcium built up on the heel bone, treated through stretching, orthotics or sometimes surgery.

Mr. Trump said that he could not recall exactly when he was no longer bothered by the spurs, but that he had not had an operation for the problem.

Here's what the draft dodger said about a real hero: McCain was “not a war hero, I like people who weren’t captured.”

When asked which foot the spur was on .. and it was one. He couldn't remember

listermint wrote: »
    When asked which foot the spur was on .. and it was one. He couldn't remember

Amazingly, he was able to play golf, football and squash. While McCain languished in a POW camp with broken bones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

If I was Trump do as much revolutionary things as possible and out of the ordinary things. Leave a legacy in which people talk about you among the likes of Caesar and Alexander in hundreds of years from now. Build the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Behaved like a coward?  I don't see it.

1968:

1972:

What is wrong with that? It was just another American uncalled for war in which they had no business being in. I'd have dodged it to if I didn't believe in it. Ali dodged it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement