Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If I was Trump do as much revolutionary things as possible and out of the ordinary things. Leave a legacy in which people talk about you among the likes of Caesar and Alexander in hundreds of years from now. Build the wall.

Yes.. okay. Trump .. Alexander the great.

Right , superb comparison there .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

demfad wrote: »
    He doesn't have the power to release evidence in an ongoing investigation. That's a crime I believe. Today Spicer mentioned a DOJ investigation. If such an investigation exists the tweets might also mean he broke the law.

It's one or the other; either he releases them and breaks the law, or doesn't, but still breaks the law through his tweets. The latter just proves he's a liar.

Listen to Gowdy explain it plain and simple: if there was any sort of wire-tapping being done, there is a paper trail, the Exec. can see it, and since Trump is in charge of the Exec., he can see it all. No excuses.

The problem for that clown is that what is not there cannot be seen, because it doesn't exist.

Trump is once again proven to be a liar, and until any new information comes to light involving these spurious allegations, this story (and it absolutely is a story) shouldn't make the headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Oh he'll make the record books alright.

His new Health Bill will require a lot of political capital from Reps and Dems. Don't think he'll have it from either party.
    Stuck at the first hurdle.

Even if Reps repeal Obamacare, they won't be able to pass the new bill. Then having the worst of both worlds. Facing midterms, having made a mess of it.

listermint wrote: »

People will still be talking about Hitler and Stalin hundreds of years from now, I wonder does A Little Pony want him to be part of that group now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Its all history and Trump only wanted to win to create history. He doesn't need to be President. Some political elites in Washington NEED it like Paul Ryan or Bernie Sanders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

What is wrong with that? It was just another American uncalled for war in which they had no business being in. I'd have dodged it to if I didn't believe in it. Ali dodged it.

Ali was a conscientious objector. Trump was a coward.

Here is a description of the infamous Trump Caligula:

The sources focus upon his cruelty, sadism, extravagance, and sexual perversity, presenting him as an insane tyrant. While the reliability of these sources is questionable, it is known that during his brief reign, Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself.

What is wrong with that? It was just another American uncalled for war in which they had no business being in. I'd have dodged it to if I didn't believe in it. Ali dodged it.

Ali was a conscientious objector. Trump was a coward.

Ah, now that is hilarious. You certainly aren't biased are you.

Can you elaborate somewhat ?

And what was cowardly about dodgy one of the few unjust wars America has got involved in since the second world war? It was a war which should never have happened based on nothing worth fighting for. Many veterans I am sure would agree with this view now who fought in Vietnam.

• Advertisement

I'm factual.

Can you elaborate somewhat ?
    Well its fine for Ali to dodge it or other Americans but not Trump. Its just double standards.

Any attempt to attack his argument? Or are you just gonna rely on that ****ty ad-hominem post? Always the same from the usual suspects on here....

There's a big, big difference between draft dodgers and CO's. Trump wouldn't be fit to stand in Ali's shadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Water John wrote: »
    Oh he'll make the record books alright.

His new Health Bill will require a lot of political capital from Reps and Dems. Don't think he'll have it from either party.
    Stuck at the first hurdle.

Even if Reps repeal Obamacare, they won't be able to pass the new bill. Then having the worst of both worlds. Facing midterms, having made a mess of it.

Anything is possible with congress as long as the chequebook is open. This is an awful replacement for an already awful affordable care act. Some in congress are just corporate shills the rest are partisan hacks.

People want to continually point the finger when the whole system is broke.

And what was cowardly about dodgy one of the few unjust wars America has got involved in since the second world war? It was a war which should never have happened based on nothing worth fighting for. Many veterans I am sure would agree with this view now who fought in Vietnam.

Indeed. However, Trump dodged the draft. He wasn't a conscientious objector because, besides being a coward, he doesn't have a conscience.

Well its fine for Ali to dodge it or other Americans but not Trump. Its just double standards.

But trump didn't dodge it. He paid a doctor who gave him a letter indicating he had medical issues. That's not a Dodge , it's heroic surely. I mean with that act he was making a stand against an unjust war.

One which I'm sure if you asked many vets now....

The irony.

Any attempt to attack his argument? Or are you just gonna rely on that ****ty ad-hominem post? Always the same from the usual suspects on here....

There's a big, big difference between draft dodgers and CO's. Trump wouldn't be fit to stand in Ali's shadow.

No there really isn't. Both dodged the Vietnam war for good reasons. It was a terrible war and unjustified. Well done to Trump for not going.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

George W bush didn't serve in Vietnam either.

George W bush didn't serve in Vietnam either.

Nor Bill Clinton for that matter.

But trump didn't dodge it. He paid a doctor who gave him a letter indicating he had medical issues.  That's not a Dodge , it's heroic surely. I mean with that act he was making a stand against an unjust war.

One which I'm sure if you asked many vets now....

The irony.
    Called being smart. Would you have went to fight in Vietnam?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No there really isn't.

Yes, there is. It's the difference between moral cowardice and moral courage.

I bet if you thought really, really hard about it, you'd be able to figure out the difference.

You'd have to be willing to concede that Trump is a coward though, so you probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Christy42

Early days yet, no doubt the controlled mainstream media will probably say its not true and then try blame Russia like everything else.

You missed (dodged) my point. Trump supporters are incredibly against all leaks if they are anti Trump. Even Trump himself said that they should not be using anonymous sources for these details. (I will say Hank never held this position afaik)

Yet somehow none of them care when they like the information in the leaks. If Trump wants to be consistent then he should go after wikileaks. I mean he admitted the leaks about the Whitehouse operations were true so it was not fake news. Of course it won't happen as it does not suit Trump's agenda and serves as a better distraction for destroying the health care of millions than his completely unsubstantiated claims about Obama.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    No there really isn't.

Yes, there is. It's the difference between moral cowardice and moral courage.

I bet if you thought really, really hard about it, you'd be able to figure out the difference.

You'd have to be willing to concede that Trump is a coward though, so you probably won't.
    The result is the same and both are justifiable. Not that you know what a war situation is like, it is nasty.

The result is the same and both are justifiable. Not that you know what a war situation is like, it is nasty.

The paths are different.

Ali went to prison for his convictions.

Trump ran out the back door using money as a shield.

Coward.

The paths are different.

Ali went to prison for his convictions.

Trump ran out the back door using money as a shield.

Coward.
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Not much of a debate when it devolves to slang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

... and you are going to provide some sauce which shows how Trump railed against the war, wrote on how unjust it was and clamored to bring the boys back home?

Please, provide a link. I would love to read it.

He was a coward. And has now matured into a traitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

... and you are going to provide some sauce which shows how Trump railed against the war, wrote on how unjust it was and clamored to bring the boys back home?

Please, provide a link. I would love to read it.

He was a coward. And has now matured into a traitor.

Also the fact that he went onto mocking John McCain for being a prisoner of war. Trump was effectively a rich brat who paid to avoid the war. Not unacceptable in its own right imho but definitely not a conscientious objector, he dodged it and mocked prisoners of war. Belittled the family of a veteran in the instance of Khan family.

Just amazed that people will justify it all.

If I was Trump do as much revolutionary things as possible and out of the ordinary things. Leave a legacy in which people talk about you among the likes of Caesar and Alexander in hundreds of years from now. Build the wall.

Or perhaps try to run the country in a normal fashion and improve the lives of his citizens, instead of whatever insanity you are prattling on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,091 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trumps says he was wire tapped , few days later wikileaks confirms that everyone is tapped. I think the two are linked, but no one in media is joining the dots.
    Trump knew something before anyone else. He was obviously wire tapped as he puts it, that of course is an old school saying, but none the less he was clearly being monitored as he was a person of interest at the time of the election. Doesn't the info wikileaks put out today almost confirm that he would have been monitored. Trump has a phone, Obama knew the number, he was an easy target.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement