Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Senate Intel Committee and Ryan both saying there was no wire tapping.. So The Donald lied and continues to lie about Obama wire tapping him, according to the Republican Speaker of the House.http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/paul-ryan-wiretap-response/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Alun wrote: »
    What does that mean?

You have to leave and re-enter Canada to activate a visa, so you do this at the Peace Arch boarder. You basically do a U-turn in America so you can reenter Canada.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The criticism she gets about factual errors and inaccuracies is in vain; surely if we've learned anything from the election it's that facts take second place...
    We've certainly learned that facts take second place as far as Trump's supporters are concerned. It seems a little strange that people are heartened by this: "yay, I no longer need logic or reason to justify my irrational beliefs!"
    JPCN1 wrote: »
    I'm going to drive around Limerick on my way to Kerry in future as I don't like the bold Willie O'Dea.
    Immature nonsense of the highest order.

Well, no. I'm not avoiding travelling to the US as a protest against Donald Trump; I'm avoiding travelling to the US because the current administration is demonstrating hostile paranoia to pretty much everyone attempting to enter the country.

If a country demands that I unlock and hand over my phone before being allowed in, I'll travel to a different country, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭vetinari

At this point, I think there is no convincing Trump supporters. He's just released a budget proposal that's only good for weapons manufacturers. I've no doubt that Trump supporters will still see nothing wrong with it.

The US has the most dominant army in the history of the world. yet you can still convince people that you need to spend more money on the military.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,952 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see that Sean spicer(the guy with the most thankless job in Washington IMO) is saying that trump didn't mean wiretapping as Strictly wiretapping. He said trump meant wider surveillance, which is fair enough except the top Republican on the inteligence committee said that trump tower wasn't the object of any surveillance.

Ball back on your court mr president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

vetinari wrote: »
    At this point, I think there is no convincing Trump supporters. He's just released a budget proposal that's only good for weapons manufacturers. I've no doubt that Trump supporters will still see nothing wrong with it.

The US has the most dominant army in the history of the world. yet you can still convince people that you need to spend more money on the military.

Perhaps once the Republican Insurance Plan is passed, and they lose their insurance and start having to go to emergency rooms for toothaches, they'll come around. Unless they're directly hurt, what goes on in DC is just something for the longhairs to worry about while they watch the latest reality TV/upchucking with Kardashians/Duck Inbreed Dynasty/whatever.

Though, a lot of them will lose their Meals on Wheels. That might wake some of them up.

Still, they've got till november 2018 and I for one haven't seen tons of the Democrats ratcheting it up to ensure taking back at least 1 of the Senate or the House.

The Senate'll roll over for Trump, wait and see. That bill's gonna pass, they're all gutless toadies for the Corporations, both sides actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

Nody wrote: »
    Since we had whole "no go" zones etc. here's Tim Pool, independent American reporter who took a challenge to go to the war zone of Malmo as challenged by Paul Joseph Watson from Infowars.

Please notice how he's staying a night in this no go zone after walking through it and also note the number of people who jump at him with steel pipes and beat him down as he walks through this war zone before they rob him and his camera man. Oh wait that never happened and the area was perfectly safe for him to go around in and film...

Sorry to bring up a two week old post but I take it the guy who posted this video didn't watch any of the follow up videos made by this independent journalist?

Videos in which he concludes that serious cover-up activity is undertaken by the authorities in Sweden. He finds that the press is absolutely not to be trusted and that it goes to some effort to demonise anyone who provides a dissenting commentary on the migrant issue. One of the national papers will even arrive at your door to harass you if you write something "derogatory" on facebook. The press mistranslated his statements in subtitles deliberately to mislead viewers and he has emphatically come to the conclusion that there are in fact very real and dangerous "problem areas". The fact that there are no officially named no go zones is a moot point and a tactic to divert attention from the actual issue at hand.

He explicitly says that on the whole Donald Trump is not that far wrong on what he said about Sweden.

https://youtu.be/v0p7Oyvql9s

• Registered Users Posts: 25,564 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

MTBD wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up a two week old post but I take it the guy who posted this video didn't watch any of the follow up videos made by this independent journalist?

Videos in which he concludes that serious cover-up activity is undertaken by the authorities in Sweden. He finds that the press is absolutely not to be trusted and that it goes to some effort to demonise anyone who provides a dissenting commentary on the migrant issue. One of the national papers will even arrive at your door to harass you if you write something "derogatory" on facebook. The press mistranslated his statements in subtitles deliberately to mislead viewers and he has emphatically come to the conclusion that there are in fact very real and dangerous "problem areas". The fact that there are no officially named no go zones is a moot point and a tactic to divert attention from the actual issue at hand.

He explicitly says that on the whole Donald Trump is not that far wrong on what he said about Sweden.

Every city has them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

"No point in feeding Kids - it doesnt make them any smarter." - Mulvaney

Now he tells me....:confused:

(I'm not making this up - who put these people in charge?)

https://twitter.com/axios/status/842461464631885824

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MTBD

Every city has them

I'm genuinely curious how you think saying that has any relevance to the discussion taking place. We are talking about a certain type of crime in a certain context. You are removing context to speak in generalities which suit your agenda. Let's be clear here, all cities have problem areas. Not all cities having roving groups of migrant men born outside of the country surrounding women.

The trouble areas in Sweden are a direct result of recent immigration policy. These areas simply did not exist in Sweden 5 years ago. Tim Pool who went there in the hope of disproving Paul Joseph Watson came to the very opposite conclusion he was expecting. I just don't know how that is not worthy of acknowledgement.

I genuinely suggest you watch the video I linked to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Every city has them

But I think at this stage , people need to acknowledge there is a serious problem with Sweden, they have bit off more than they can chew.

Check out the Australian CBS documentary on the subject, as people will just dismiss PJW as he works for Infowars ...

You can't say they aren't reasonable (i mean whats reasonable with todays MSM)

I think you could be fooling yourself there by saying "Every city has them".

My job has an office in Stockholm I go there once a year or so, I talk to colleagues based there and their opinion is - the media is exaggerating - but on both sides - it may not be a war zone, but it's no walk in the park either ..

MTBD wrote: »
    I'm genuinely curious how you think saying that has any relevance to the discussion taking place. We are talking about a certain type of crime in a certain context. You are removing context to speak in generalities which suit your agenda. Let's be clear here, all cities have problem areas. Not all cities having roving groups of migrant men born outside of the country surrounding women.

The trouble areas in Sweden are a direct result of recent immigration policy. These areas simply did not exist in Sweden 5 years ago. Tim Pool who went there in the hope of disproving Paul Joseph Watson came to the very opposite conclusion he was expecting. I just don't know how that is not worthy of acknowledgement.

I genuinely suggest you watch the video I linked to.

Spot on .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Sweden isn't the topic here guys..

Feel free to take the conversation to a new thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I dont think the people in Aleppo tonight are too worried about who is pulling the trigger.

So sorry for them.

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/842509968897138688

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

Where will the narrative go from here? You've all been duped failing at the limbs on the brisk of conspiracy. The media still works.

Hail Maddow etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Oh, and Rand Paul is a Russian agent now according to McCain, Russia Russia Russia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

Where will the narrative go from here? You've all been duped failing at the limbs on the brisk of conspiracy. The media still works.

Hail Maddow etc.

Speaking of duped. Hows the huge wiretapping scandal going?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rubber duk

So our own esteemed Taoiseach is now jumping on the Spicer bandwagon, in a statement to Newstalk yesterday he said that the fact that Donald Trump gave a speech that was racist, and clearly defined his racist tendencies, does not make the man himself a racist. So it's just remote controlled noise or something coming out of Trumps mouth? How does that work exactly, does that mean, for example, Adolf Hitler was not a racist, he just spouted all those racist speaches without actually meaning any of it. So that's it then, the simple explanation I have been looking for. Or is it something else entirely, could it be that the Taoiseach is arrogant in the extreme to think that people will actually believe him? Hardly, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

rubber duk wrote: »
    So our own esteemed Taoiseach is now jumping on the Spicer bandwagon, in a statement to Newstalk yesterday he said that the fact that Donald Trump gave a speech that was racist, and clearly defined his racist tendencies, does not make the man himself a racist. So it's just remote controlled noise or something coming out of Trumps mouth? How does that work exactly, does that mean, for example, Adolf Hitler was not a racist, he just spouted all those racist speaches without actually meaning any of it. So that's it then, the simple explanation I have been looking for. Or is it something else entirely, could it be that the Taoiseach is arrogant in the extreme to think that people will actually believe him? Hardly, no?
    No, because he doesn't think that people will believe him. People will think he's saying what he's saying because he's trying to do the best he can in the role he's in, where he has to protect and if possible advance Irish interests in dealing with the circus of psychotic clowns currently in the White House.

You might think he's doing a good job or a bad job, but the starting point has to be that I don't envy any foreign leader who has to deal with this bunch, and what we have to accept is that whatever course of action they take is going to look deeply unsatisfactory from some point of view. Kenny doesn't believe Spicer - heck, I'm pretty sure that not even Spicer believes Spicer - and he's not stupid enough to think that we believe Spicer, or we believe that Kenny believes Spicer. Kenny just hopes that we understand that its politic, and in the Irish national interest, for the Taoiseach, when in Washington, to act like he believes Spicer.

It's squalid, but there it is.

Comparing Trump to Hitler is insane .... what did Trump say that was racist ?

Was it that SOME Mexicans that cross the border illegally are criminals ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 rubber duk

I have no idea, I'm simply repeating what the Taoiseach himself said, and now it's depressing watching him back pedalling. Perigrinus, I believe it's called grovelling

I have no idea, I'm simply repeating what the Taoiseach himself said, and now it's depressing watching him back pedalling. Perigrinus, I believe it's called grovelling

It is a bit hypocrital for sure, he must have thought he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of taking office and would be dealing with another Clinton today..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

He said that some I suppose are good people as a correction to saying they're rapists.

However a clearer example would be deciding a president must be foreign because he was black. Remember this was the sum total amount of evidence behind his birther nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

In fairness if you were to read The Guardian or the Indo enough you might be convinced that Trump is actually worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

At least Enda made the point of St. Patrick being an immigrant. It isn't much when he is meeting that failure but I guess it is likely he has had meetings with worse from Russia and the middle east.

Still feels different when meeting a country that has lunged into reverse morally even if they are still ahead of the likes of Saudi Arabia or Russia in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

In fairness if you were to read The Guardian or the Indo enough you might be convinced that Trump is actually worse than Hitler.

On fairness, if you read them properly instead of just dismissing them as not suiting your viewpoint, you would see that they don't say he is worse than Hitler.

What they point out is that the tendencies he is showing, a campaign based on fear, blaming foreigners for all ills, inflaming racial tensions, the acceptance of lies to promote an idealogy, are all the same as those used by Hitler during his assent to power.

They are pointing out the clear warning signs from history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I hate enda Kenny but come on. All this crap about what he said is just part snipping.

He is right what he said.

He said the words trump said were racist but that doesn't mean he think trump is racist.

You can say racist things without actually hating people for their race. It's more ignorance than hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I never said that they stated he was worse than Hitler. Perhaps you should re-read my post instead of making wild assumptions about how I read articles online. A bizarre post to say the least.

I suggest rereading your own post tbh.

You were making implications. Very clearly.

But hey hey misdirection is the name of the game .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is this now the first admission of lying by the Trump team?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39300191

Trump: Obama did it.
    Spicer: Nope, he meant Obamas people did it.
    Spicer: No, you misunderstood us again, we meant the British did it.
    GCHQ: Don't be fupping daft.
    No 10: Take that back you idiots.
    White House: Oops, sorry. Won't say that line again. Give us a moment whilst we think who else we can deflect this onto. I thought GCHQ were just going to stay quiet and not comment on anything as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

they have really brought jumping from the pan into the fire to a new level each time they try and deflect.
    Pinnochio's nose is very long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement