Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Vote not going ahead......Trump is said to have pulled it. It was going to fail by a good margin.

7 years to get a replacement
    Majority in the congress
    Majority in senate
    "The world's greatest deal maker" as president

And they can't get their NO.1 promise over the line. What a joke

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Deal Maker, bluff was called by his own GOP.
    What power has he left?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What was it Trump said? You'll get tired of winning or some such...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

MadYaker wrote: »
    They've been trying to influence US elections yet they aren't a threat?

1) they haven't.
    2) the US has a lot of countries influencing it's elections. Israel and Saudi Arabia in particular.
    3) the US on the other hand has interfered in elections in pretty much every country I'm the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Worth noting James Clapper and Sally Yates were due before the Committee to testify on Monday.

I'm no maths expert but I'm gonna assume 2+2 = 4 this time.

Nunes better find himself a good lawyer.

For what now?

There fairly substantial evidence that Obama did in fact engage in surveillance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump calling Putin for next instructions...

Paul Ryan humiliated.

Trump calls himself the great Closer.

The C got lost somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    Trump calls himself the great Closer.

The C got lost somewhere.

he's Mariano rivera now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

What is happening to draining the swamp? Seems like Trump is knee deep in the swamp with Ryan now after that poor attempt.

In new developments it appears as if CNN's reports that Trump Tower communicated with Russia's Alpha Bank was based on forged logs. It's hard to believe that CNN is the mainstream equivalent of Breitbart.

As if they don't have enough ammunition already. Really crappy reporting standards played a large part in helping Trump to get elected IMO.

The fact that the GOP had seven years to think of how to get this new healthcare bill right and when they get the chance to get it through the congress and they have had to postpone the vote twice in a week.

Two words joke shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

For what now?

There fairly substantial evidence that Obama did in fact engage in surveillance.

No, there really is not.... It's more that Trump supporters have tried to twist an ongoing investigation into Trump's team etc into something that Obama orchestrated. This is not backed up by the Fbi.

Trump said last night, 'take the vote'. It was his blink moment, because he pulled it.

One doesn't play the poker hand unless you plan to see it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

BoatMad wrote: »
    A failed bill will be very bad for Trumps credibility

He never have any credibility so I doubt if this will make much difference really.

Trump calling Putin for next instructions...

Paul Ryan humiliated.

That's the nail in the coffin of Ryan's career anyway. 7 years to work on a replacement healthcare bill and couldn't even get his own party to vote for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He never have any credibility so I doubt if this will make much difference really.

Markets have been doing quite well since he took office if I am correct, and on the basis that he could force through reforms to boost profits (exactly what this for example, really was). He has just proved he can't. He can't even negotiate successfully with his own party on something they wanted. It's been a Trumpster fire mess of a presidency so far for him.

I reckon they may have known this was the case for a few hours, and intentionally waited until a few minutes after Wall Street closed (4pm) to announce it for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The GOP qwere acting like they had a mandate from the people on this.

Turns out, they just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That's the nail in the coffin of Ryan's career anyway. 7 years to work on a replacement healthcare bill and couldn't even get his own party to vote for it.

He is an odious creep, his press conference was awful.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/845372509306408960

So it's the democrats fault ? The GOP have a majority in both the house and senate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Roanmore wrote: »
    He is an odious creep, his press conference was awful.

Mod: Please don't just post insults here as it doesn't constitute good debate.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Wow, I am really surprised. I really felt they would get it through.

Disaster for Trump. Not in of itself, but on top of everything else. The Russia investigation, the lying about Obama,the lying about the crowds, the lying about the number of illegal voters. The failure of the EO on immigration and the lack of progress on EO2.

Ryan is also a joke. Total fail by him.

A really terrible week for Trump.

Expect some pretty outrageous tweets over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Wow, I am really surprised. I really felt they would get it through.

Disaster for Trump. Not in of itself, but on top of everything else. The Russia investigation, the lying about Obama,the lying about the crowds, the lying about the number of illegal voters. The failure of the EO on immigration and the lack of progress on EO2.

Ryan is also a joke. Total fail by him.

A really terrible week for Trump.

Expect some pretty outrageous tweets over the weekend

Please, please, Alec Baldwin tomorrow night on SNL! Please! Ohh such material!

Seriously, I was surprised it didn't pass. Had it, a Dem majority post-2018 elections would've been very likely and maybe, just maybe, impeachment could finally start.

Now the clown car lurches on.

Pathetic press conference from DT.
    Blame the Dems, blame the Dems.

Did leave the door open for Dems and Mod GOP to change Obamacare, I think.

Pathetic press conference from DT.
    Blame the Dems, blame the Dems.

Did leave the door open for Dems and Mod GOP to change Obamacare, I think.

Ridiculous to blame the Democrats considering the large majority that the GOP have in the house! Trump has no credibility as a human being, never mind as POTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't understand why they didn't just go with Trump's 'beautiful' secret plan that was going to cover more people and cost less money.

He now says he didn't like aspects of the Bill, farcical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is rapidly becoming the quickest lame duck presidency in history

He now says he didn't like aspects of the Bill, farcical.

He'll pin the blame entirely on Ryan in the next few weeks and dodge blame with his supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ap/status/845372509306408960

So it's the democrats fault ? The GOP have a majority in both the house and senate.

Now the dems can take credit for preventing a plan so bad that the gop disagreed with it.

• Advertisement

May not agree with Ryan but he manned up at his press conference in contrast to Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement