Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President 'The Donald' Trump and Surprising Consequences - Mod warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Of course its an entirely disreputable source, but thats not the point. They print whatever Trump tells them. This is the narrative he wants his supporters to believe.

Agreed, defend by getting in first to try to discredit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Easy, if that is the case, the Flynn will be a soprano, from the squeeze, IYKWIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I'm not the only one who thinks Flynn struck a deal with the Feds and is going to sing like a canary. The only thing to be decided is in which key he'll sing in.

Since it could be argued, the Feds aided Trump, deliberately or not, by publicly stating they were investigating Clinton for the email stuff during the latter stages of the campaign, thus damaging her chances. Then ignited it again, just before the election. Let's face it, any investigation could have waited until the election was over. Why then Investigate the outfit they may have abetted to gain office? It's all very strange to me, and who really is in charge?

A lot of ex Intel would agree with you Micro.
    Comey should never have gone public on Clinton, but must have realised it was going to be released anyway by the axis they are now investigating.

Water John wrote: »
    A lot of ex Intel would agree with you Micro.
    Comey should never have gone public on Clinton, but must have realised it was going to be released anyway by the axis they are now investigating.

It strikes me that the Intelligence agencies are at odds with each other. It is very difficult to figure out what is going on?

• Advertisement

Here Nunes disappeared from an Uber ride, next turns up at a press briefing having visited Trump.
    Were the docs he claims to have seen actually shown to him by the WH?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/26/trump-russia-investigation-house-intelligence-devin-nunes

Absolutely, daft cloak and dagger stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hey republicans your president is on his 12th golf trip in 10 weeks at about 3 million USD per trip; what was that about smaller government again? Do you feel you're getting value for money with a president who's constantly away from office etc. because it's very quiet on the front from republicans yet there were howling about Obama on the topic...

Nody wrote: »
    Hey republicans your president is on his 12th golf trip in 10 weeks at about 3 million USD per trip; what was that about smaller government again? Do you feel you're getting value for money with a president who's constantly away from office etc. because it's very quiet on the front from republicans yet there were howling about Obama on the topic...

Look at the bright side, even if it's for a few hours on the golf course, it's less
    time to do damage. The electorate got what they voted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

aloyisious wrote: »
    This speaks volumes, esp about Don's regard for "Fake News" story spreaders........
    ]

He has no idea does he? No idea at all.

He sees the bright side of this epic failure as "the democrats now own obamacare".

Huh? What does that even mean? He can neglect to do anything to fix it and it'll be the democratic partys fault? The minority? Its gibberish, it makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/846061762751401984

Sean hannity being told the truth about him and his ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Trump needs a big win and soon. I can't really see where one is going to come from though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trump needs a big win and soon. I can't really see where one is going to come from though....

A terrorist attack on US soil could facilitate a 'win'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The wall or some form of immigration ban going through I guess; I think the likes of repelling NAFTA etc. would be to complicated/to far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I suppose this is one way of generating revenue

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/26/trump_reportedly_handed_merkel_a_374_billion_invoice_for_nato.html

Would love to see that invoice :D

Odds continue to shorten on Trump resigning or being impeached in his first term. When he was elected he was 6/4. Past few weeks it had been 10/11. Today it's gone down to 4/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Odds continue to shorten on Trump resigning or being impeached in his first term. When he was elected he was 6/4. Past few weeks it had been 10/11. Today it's gone down to 4/5.

I've a feeling that Donald trump thinks he'll get the better of mrs merkel. He will be on for a rude awakening I fear. She seems like some operator and will play trump like a piano.

I've a feeling that Donald trump thinks he'll get the better of mrs merkel. He will be on for a rude awakening I fear. She seems like some operator and will play trump like a piano.

She's certainly more intelligent and experienced. However, I'd say her immediate focus will be German elections followed by Brexit. Similarly, The Donald has more than enough on his plate to worry about. To be honest, it's possible that they never speak again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The wall or some form of immigration ban going through I guess; I think the likes of repelling NAFTA etc. would be to complicated/to far away.

Realistically the wall will never be built. The logistical problems facing something like that are insurmountable. Even with executive orders and the full support of congress and the senate construction wouldn't start until after the end of Trumps term so essentially it would be up to the next president to do it. Trump hasn't a hope of reelection the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

Realistically the wall will never be built. The logistical problems facing something like that are insurmountable. Even with executive orders and the full support of congress and the senate construction wouldn't start until after the end of Trumps term so essentially it would be up to the next president to do it. Trump hasn't a hope of reelection the way things are going.

Not to mention I don't think Republicans are too eager to start such a task with little upside and a lot of potential for failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can I ask something?

Is the guy the world's best comedian literally taking the piss out of the world? Is that what it is? It's an honest question at this point and should be considered.

It could be one giant piece of performance art. Maybe Trump is the modern equivalent of Michelangelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't help but think of this photo and imagine that just before it was taken, Merkel gave him a firm bollocking over Donald's friends Bannon & Putin and their efforts to get the AfD into power.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think American Presidents have something of a history of learning that healthcare reform is difficult. It was one of the first things under Clinton's priority list, and despite having Democratic majorities in both House and Senate in March '93 (Two months into his first term), he couldn't get anything passed on the matter as the Democrats couldn't agree on the specifics. To that extent, Obama deserves some credit for getting -something- passed, flawed though it may be. In fairness, both Trump and Ryan refused to separate 'repeal' from 'replacement'. Congress had to come up with both at once.

In the meantime, Democrats seem to be continually unhappy with Gorsuch, and are likely to filibuster. That is not likely to end well, especially if the Republicans go nuclear, and Ginsberg likely hasn't that many years left in her. Considering how conservative some of the other judges on the Trump short-list were, they won't be doing themselves any favours choosing this battle against a more mainstream judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I can't help but think of this photo and imagine that just before it was taken, Merkel gave him a firm bollocking over Donald's friends Bannon & Putin and their efforts to get the AfD into power.

Yep...

##Mod Snip##

Please don't just photo dump..

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I think American Presidents have something of a history of learning that healthcare reform is difficult. It was one of the first things under Clinton's priority list, and despite having Democratic majorities in both House and Senate in March '93 (Two months into his first term), he couldn't get anything passed on the matter as the Democrats couldn't agree on the specifics. To that extent, Obama deserves some credit for getting -something- passed, flawed though it may be. In fairness, both Trump and Ryan refused to separate 'repeal' from 'replacement'. Congress had to come up with both at once.

In the meantime, Democrats seem to be continually unhappy with Gorsuch, and are likely to filibuster. That is not likely to end well, especially if the Republicans go nuclear, and Ginsberg likely hasn't that many years left in her. Considering how conservative some of the other judges on the Trump short-list were, they won't be doing themselves any favours choosing this battle against a more mainstream judge.

You're forgetting that Bill Clinton's first major legislative bill was passed despite strong opposition in his own party, for one reason: The party said "We can't let our President lose this bill". So it passed by a single vote.

Trump couldn't close a deal on a cup of coffee in Starbucks and he's not "their" President or their leader. He rented the Republican Party out for a publicity stunt that turned sour i.e. he actually won.

As for Gorsuch, that's more right-wing nonsense being spouted. If they let him through, then as soon as Ginsberg retires or dies, they'll be forced to filibuster then and the GOP will STILL go nuclear. They have no option but to filibuster and try kick up an unholy stink over the Russia connection and try pressure the GOP to stick their necks out for a President who is likely corrupt up to his neck.

You think for one moment if Trump makes it to 2019 (Hint - he won't) that they'll stick by this nonsense of "Can't nominate in Final Year of Presidency"?? Not a prayer. Dems have no choice here. Filibuster him and make it clear to the nation that the GOP are forcing in a lifetime choice picked by a President who may well turn out to be a Russian traitor.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Not to mention I don't think Republicans are too eager to start such a task with little upside and a lot of potential for failure.
    The question what could give a quick win; starting to build the wall on a small scale by extending / replacing existing fencing or something would be feasible and still give a win while "being tough on immigrants". I agree that the whole wall end to end is never going to happen but I can see a smaller "step 1" wall being done as a PR stunt and that there would be enough republican support wanting to shore up their core voters by supporting it (but never support the full blown wall).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

They'll fall back on the tried and trusted Irish practice of having a sod-turning ceremony every six months or so to mark the start of the project. You can keep this up for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Harika

The question what could give a quick win; starting to build the wall on a small scale by extending / replacing existing fencing or something would be feasible and still give a win while "being tough on immigrants". I agree that the whole wall end to end is never going to happen but I can see a smaller "step 1" wall being done as a PR stunt and that there would be enough republican support wanting to shore up their core voters by supporting it (but never support the full blown wall).

On twitter Trump already celebrates less people crossing the border, so I think at the end of his first term he will sell this as proof that the threat of the wall alone was enough to stop the illegal immigration. Ideally some kilometers of old wall refurbished and sold as new. He has no problem with selling those things, besides being offside of reality.
    See the deal (tax breaks) that saved hundreds of jobs from that company in Indiana? that then let the same amount of people go, in the neighboring state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

If Trump gets impeached, Mike Pence will be the president ?
    it it the individual or the administration that gets impeached - if it happens ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement